06-26-2015 11:40 PM
78 1234
tools
    Here's mine from a recent day. 4 hours SOT with a lot left on the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-676.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-675.jpg  
    05-31-2015 08:27 PM
    This is depressing. Took off charger right before bed. Didn't use it any. Was on power save mode like it normally is while I sleep. Screen doesn't even register on the usage.

I do have poor service at my house but I've never seen a drain like this before while at my house.

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-584.jpg  
    06-01-2015 04:34 AM
    You're Cell Standby is definitely out of control.
    06-01-2015 06:51 AM
    It's gotten a lot better since I've left my house and gotten into metro area. Living in BFE sucks but At&t is running lines to my house for Internet connection. Should be done by the 6th of this month finally after waiting a month.

06-01-2015 01:27 PM
    06-03-2015 04:40 PM
    Mod Note - Some posts have been cleaned. Let's keep it civil & on topic everyone. If you think a post is out of line / trolling please use the report button to let the mods handle it.

Thanks! .
    erasat likes this.
    06-03-2015 04:49 PM
    Personally, I don't see what all the worry about battery life is all about. I'm getting just fine battery performance. I should mention that this is typical screen on time for me, this is just how I usually use my phone. In fact I had to force myself to play some games just to get the screen time up a little. Also, about 6 of those hours was me sleeping. These caps were taken after about 6 complete charge cycles, so GSAM is using those for the averages.

All I did to tweak my battery life was to follow as many of the suggestions in this thread as I found practical. I also use Greenify.

06-04-2015 09:28 PM
    This was after the Verizon update

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-4733.jpg  
    06-05-2015 02:12 AM
    😊

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-4746.jpg  
    06-05-2015 08:05 AM
    I was wondering what that meant ... it had said my average was 5:02 then I installed gsam and it says 4:48. interestingly enough, I've noticed I've been getting better battery usage after I removed batter doctor.

if anybody understands the 145% please let me know. thx!

I hate to be the bad guy, but it looks like you charged partially during a charge cycle. You actually went through about 1.5 batteries (capacity-wise) to achieve that. If you would've posted the graph, it would look like a camel, not a ski slope.
    06-05-2015 09:24 AM
    I have had the phone since May 12th and not once have I needed to charge my phone during the day.

If I ever get my battery down to single digits (which only happened when I was TRYING to, for the sake of these conversations, lol) I get:
    -16 hours a day (roughly 730am - 1130pm)
    -4+ hours SOT
    -1+ hour of bluetooth audio (to car or headphones, usage changes day to day)

I'm certainly not dismissing those having poopy battery life, but mine has been rock solid and more than I need. Most nights, my typical daily usage leaves me with roughly 30-40% be the end of the day.

I have screenshots, what features I have on and off, and an entire S6 review available here:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ove-phone.html
    nelamvr6 likes this.
    06-05-2015 09:32 AM
    Loving this device

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-3053.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-3052.jpg  
    06-05-2015 03:19 PM
    We don't have one of these in the Edge forum. I had my first day over 6 hours SOT today. Just wiped the cache partition yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-563.jpg  
    06-05-2015 05:58 PM
    My best so far on AT&T S6. It would've lasted around 3 days if I drained the battery completely but I had to charge it up since the next day was a long day. Post Your Best Battery Performance-uploadfromtaptalk1433550428922.jpg
    06-05-2015 07:27 PM
    06-05-2015 11:31 PM
    I'm on AT&T s6 edge. Before these screenshots I'd be lucky to hit 2hrs of SoT. I finally got fed up and did a factory reset and my results are tons better! And right after these screen shots I had about 10 more minutes of a game I was playing before my phone powered down. I mean sure I'm not getting the 6-8hrs of SoT that some are getting but I'm much happier now than I was before!
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433600413607.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433600425227.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433600431747.jpg  
    deeb215 likes this.
    06-06-2015 09:21 AM
    This is depressing. Took off charger right before bed. Didn't use it any.
    I've been running some tests doing the same thing; charge to 100%, reboot, take it off of charger before going to bed.

My typical night goes like this:
    Post Your Best Battery Performance-samsung-91.png
    I lose more than 1%/hr according to this. That's more than I wish it would be, but kinda average compared to other people who post in these threads.

Last night I changed things a bit; before taking it off the charger I turned Wi-Fi off.
    Post Your Best Battery Performance-samsung-100.png
    I was astonished, it went all night without any battery usage!

I've been doing tweaks to improve battery for weeks. I have Location turned on with highest accuracy because I like using Google Now. A lot of stuff I have setup to only sync over Wi-Fi or only sync while charged and on Wi-Fi. I've frozen a few of the stock apps but still use Facebook, Google Photos, Flipbook, and several other things that probably drain battery at times.

My conclusion is, for me, Wi-Fi is a big drain along with whatever I'm doing while the phone is on Wi-Fi. And I still need to improve my battery usage in some way. My 'average' life and screen-on-time as reported in GSam is still pretty low compared to others that I see here sometimes. But I figure if I can minimize the drain that occurs when it's just sitting than I'm on the right track.
    06-06-2015 02:15 PM
    I think my battery drains faster when I have WiFi on too :/

06-06-2015 04:40 PM
    I don't have a problem with my battery at all. That's about halfway through a charge. I have all types of apps (about 90 in total fb, instagram, Google+ etc) and I've been on wifi the whole time. Also, I have a poor cell signal in my house.
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433689607702.jpg  
    06-07-2015 10:08 AM
    My s6 barely afford 3HRS SOT. The biggest issue seems to be gpsd. Don't know how to stop it. Have installed (and uninstalled several times) greenify.. Carat.. Gsam all in vain… any ideas?

06-07-2015 10:46 AM
    My s6 barely afford 3HRS SOT. The biggest issue seems to be gpsd. Don't know how to stop it. Have installed (and uninstalled several times) greenify.. Carat.. Gsam all in vain… any ideas?

Location reporting is now incorporated into Location History, Google changed that last month, so now your Location (GPS) will be your biggest offender, even greater than Display.

If you have your location on just for weather (like a lot of people I know) I will tell you that you don't need that to get your local city or cities syncing, just go to your Weather widget settings and turn off the Location option and just enter manually your city or cities.

If you use Location for Google maps or other apps that you use just some times, use the quick toggles to turn on and off the location before and after you use it. Also, you can use any of the other options there like Power saving mode (Network and cell data only) or only GPS, both of them will use less battery than the High accuracy one. In addition to this if you don't use Google Now (Location cards) then use the preferred location settings but go to Location history settings and turn it off, this is the one that is causing the issue as Location reporting is linked now to Location history, pinging your location ALL the time.

If you want to use your location at full throttle and not using Quick toggles or any of the above suggestions, then sorry, but this is the way it is for now, until Google decides to do another change in the Location History settings.
    06-07-2015 11:11 AM
    I STILL can't figure out what is taking battery on this. I have all syncing and location settings switched OFF
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433693619541.jpg  
    06-07-2015 11:13 AM
    Thanks big time erasat..had done most of what you are suggesting after going through your previous posts. For some reasons while playing around with location settings I saw live weather as requesting location (and disabled it in the app manager) will wait and see how it goes

06-07-2015 11:43 AM
    Had my first day with six hours of screen on time today. This phone has been like a completely different device ever since I switched from 3G to 4G in my settings
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433696964022.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-1433696974887.jpg  
    06-07-2015 12:09 PM
    By any chance does anyone know why when I change the locating method to "GPS only" it goes back to high accuracy when I turn off the GPS? No matter how many times I change the setting it keeps reverting back to high accuracy when I turn off the location

06-07-2015 01:39 PM
78 1234