06-26-2015 11:40 PM
78 123 ...
tools
    Like the title says.

I got 1 day 20 hours on mine. Only had 4 hours of screen on time but I'm a delivery driver and work a lot so not much time to stay on it. I only used power save mode at night when I sleep (not ultra). I have just a handful of apps and disabled a lot of preinstalled apps.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-551.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-552.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-553.jpg  
    jerryrip likes this.
    05-29-2015 06:03 AM
    looking at your usage it seems like you didn't use it much at all. kinda tough to gauge battery life on such light use ... I would be disappointed with 4 hours SOT. I have an S4 that gets 5 hours on a year old battery.

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-screenshot_2015-05-29-09-22-59.jpg  
    05-29-2015 08:23 AM
    No I didn't use it a lot but people has been complaining about stand by battery usage. I had over 3 hours of talk time, 4 hours of SOT, was in Chrome for a good little bit, and just shy of 48 hours off the charger with 25% still to go.

I've seen people complain about the drain their device has even when not being used. Clearly I don't have an issue.

BioFanatic, neiljay6 and tazman69 like this.
    05-29-2015 08:40 AM
    The battery life battle between people who are light users is still going I see
    05-29-2015 11:00 AM
    The battery life battle between people who are light users is still going I see
    I am by far a light user but if I don't use my phone at all, I can get 18 hours if I'm lucky. But I'm getting 14 to 16 with 3 hours SOT. I can squeeze 3 1/2 of I don't make any or receive calls.

05-29-2015 04:07 PM
    How bright do you keep your display? I've got it on auto brightness and SOT is about 1 hr and battery is already down to 75%. I suppose that would equate to 4 hrs of SOT when the battery reaches zero.
    05-29-2015 06:34 PM
    No I didn't use it a lot but people has been complaining about stand by battery usage. I had over 3 hours of talk time, 4 hours of SOT, was in Chrome for a good little bit, and just shy of 48 hours off the charger with 25% still to go.

I've seen people complain about the drain their device has even when not being used. Clearly I don't have an issue.

I wonder the reason for such inconsistency from user to user ... it seems to be all over the place. I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but it's too bad they didn't just use a 3200 battery and made it slightly thicker. I think even the people experiencing solid battery life would welcome the trade off.

glad you're in the camp that's not getting drain, and hopefully Google will finally deliver with Volta/Doze so you get better SOT. I'd personally be disappointed if I was getting less than 6 hours on auto brightness, especially on a device with a sealed battery.

thanks again for sharing with us!

05-29-2015 08:52 PM
    I'm finding that I'm averaging about 14 - 20 hours with about 4 hours of SoT. Some days a little better, some days a little worse. I'm good with this. It gets me through a whole day without recharging and I know I can always top it off with a half hour recharge if I want more. I'm quite happy with battery life.
    BioFanatic and neiljay6 like this.
    05-29-2015 10:16 PM
    Many of the battery drain issues especially overnight is to do with the mobile radio being kept active by apps that use Internet, even when they're not using it..

Google Services seems to be on top battery usage list because it uses Internet for syncing etc often set to overnight/inactive but other apps with Internet access may also appear on the list

Mobile radio active will always be kept active by these apps that may even only download just a few bytes and Google Services appears often as the most energy hungry app as its uses just enough to register on the usage, The battery app is just reading from the system, it's not Google Services itself IMO this iI believe is slightly wrong reporting, it's the radio being kept open by any app that checks the connection from time to time

This is why we do not seem able to isolate the cause of the drain as we focus on Google Services but IMO I think its a problem in Lollipop generally with the mobile radio being kept active. It also helps to explain why there are many variants/user difference as depends on installed apps and how often they check. In addition to some specific carrier issues.

This issue seems wide spread to many devices that are now running lollipop and its not exclusive to the S6
    dgroff likes this.
    05-30-2015 01:59 AM
    looking at your usage it seems like you didn't use it much at all. kinda tough to gauge battery life on such light use ... I would be disappointed with 4 hours SOT. I have an S4 that gets 5 hours on a year old battery.

How do you use 145% of your battery?

BioFanatic likes this.
    05-30-2015 04:47 AM
    Wasn't this thread about posting results? Now its just became another discussion thread about the battery life.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-30-2015 07:44 AM
    Has anyone had an issue with "Google Play Services" chewing up their battery the last couple days. I looked at my battery usage this morning and it was using 60% of my battery. I went from 80% down to 9% overnight.
    20blks and drone3 like this.
    05-30-2015 09:25 AM
    Has anyone had an issue with "Google Play Services" chewing up their battery the last couple days. I looked at my battery usage this morning and it was using 60% of my battery. I went from 80% down to 9% overnight.
    Go to Applications manager-All and look for Google Service Framework and Google Play Services and Clear cache and Force Stop both.

That should stop the service from keeping your phone awake but if and it's very like to reoccur after a reboot or a Google related app or service update, you should go to Applications Manager and Uninstall updates for Google play services, then do an update when it ask you to or try to go to Play Store and see if it allows you to update from there, you can always sideline the correct version (ends in 440) from the Apkmirror website.
    05-30-2015 10:13 AM
    How bright do you keep your display? I've got it on auto brightness and SOT is about 1 hr and battery is already down to 75%. I suppose that would equate to 4 hrs of SOT when the battery reaches zero.
    I keep mine on auto.

05-30-2015 02:50 PM
    I had my best battery performance yesterday with a SoT of 3 hours, 12 minutes, before my battery was drained.
    05-30-2015 02:55 PM
    I come here to read about problems and also good points when trying to decide what/if I want to buy when it comes to cell phones. I try to gauge professional reviews from all the usual sites with that of normal everyday users like you and I. From reading all these good/bad posts with hardly any screenshots is very confusing. Some people state that they get 24-36 hrs with 4-6 hrs of sot and than I see the complete opposite. It would really help the argument for or against if people put up some screenshots.
    05-30-2015 05:22 PM
    This was from 2 weeks ago.

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-402.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-403.jpg  
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:35 PM
    With the tweaks and tips I posted in my thread, weekdays with Bluetooth all day paired with my Android wear watch and weekends with just a couple of hours with Bluetooth and watch on.

I've never turned on any Power Saving mode.

Weekdays:

Attachment 178937 Attachment 178938

Weekend: (5/19 Tuesday, stayed at home sick, same usage than weekends)

Attachment 178941 Attachment 178942
    ScottsoNJ likes this.
    05-30-2015 05:46 PM
    With the tweaks and tips I posted in my thread, weekdays with Bluetooth all day paired with my Android wear watch and weekends with just a couple of hours with Bluetooth and watch on.

I've never turned on any Power Saving mode.

Weekdays:

Attachment 178937 Attachment 178938

Weekend: (5/19 Tuesday, stayed at home sick, same usage than weekends)

Attachment 178941 Attachment 178942
    Wow that's amazing, with tweaks and power saver I'm happy if I get 3hrs SOT.

dreaming of electric sheep
    05-30-2015 06:18 PM
    Wow that's amazing, with tweaks and power saver I'm happy if I get 3hrs SOT.

Do you have Location on? If so, do you turn off Location History? I'm asking because like I've explained before after Google removed the option to turn off Location Reporting (biggest battery drain there is) and incorporated it to Location History people looking to use Google Now cards are forced to let Location History on that it's also reporting to Google all the time, hence the huge battery drain in all devices with Lollipop and latest Google Play services. Shame on you Google.
    05-30-2015 07:51 PM

I was wondering what that meant ... it had said my average was 5:02 then I installed gsam and it says 4:48. interestingly enough, I've noticed I've been getting better battery usage after I removed batter doctor.

if anybody understands the 145% please let me know. thx!

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-screenshot_2015-05-29-09-22-59.jpg  
    05-30-2015 07:57 PM
    Do you have Location on? If so, do you turn off Location History? I'm asking because like I've explained before after Google removed the option to turn off Location Reporting (biggest battery drain the is) and incorporated it to Location History people looking to use Google Now cards are forced to let Location History on that it's also reporting yo Google all the time, hence the huge battery drain in all devices with Lollipop and latest Google Play services. Shame on you Google.
    Google Now is turned 'off', and my location is usually off, but I toggle it on when I need it.

I read somewhere where a guy flashed another country's firmware, and he claims it solved all his issues. I'm currently on Australian firmware and I'm curious to know if all Australian devices have similar battery trouble.

05-30-2015 08:15 PM

Because the phone was charged at 50%, and not allowed to run down. That also means they didn't get 5 hours of on screen time, on a single charge.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    05-31-2015 10:18 AM
    I can't belive people are getting so little screen time, look at my usage for today nearly 5 and half hours of screen time so far and 13 hours on.

Mixture of WiFi and 4G data usage as we went out for lunch today and did some shopping.

Loving this phone so far!

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-555.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-554.jpg  
    05-31-2015 02:27 PM
    My s6 battery life.

Attached Thumbnails Post Your Best Battery Performance-2901.jpg   Post Your Best Battery Performance-2902.jpg  
    05-31-2015 07:46 PM
78 123 ...