From M8 to S6 impressions and questions

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I recently moved from Verizon to AT&T and when I did an S6 since I could use the M8. Overall I am very happy with the S6. I Samsung did a great job with it. The one thing I really miss from the M8 is double tapping the screen to wake it essentially, that was nice. I am still getting used to the button. Battery life is good, I used the tips I found on here and it is still early so time will tell.

Contacts, I have not found a way to only display only contacts with phone numbers like my S3. This might be a lollipop issue but I think I could do that with M8 after lollipop. My car shows the contacts email addresses and I don't want all of those.I am using Touchdown and have 2 profiles plus Google and use a customized contacts list

The wireless charger looks promising too.

Overall this is a great phone and I am very happy with it and AT& so far.

MonkeyNews

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Put the wave feature on to wake the screen. Not as practical as double tapping as only really works on flat surfaces but it's something. Glad you're enjoying it though!

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I miss those M8 speakers! and lol amazing how much heavier and bulky the M8 feels compared to the S6 too

sent from my Galaxy S6 using tapatalk

Zod1010

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I made the same switch M8 to S6 and am also very happy. However, I too miss this feature.
I don't miss my M8 at all. The S6 is definitely a superior device. However, there were two features from the M8 I'd love on this phone; tap to wake and being able to filter your contacts based on those you have phone numbers. I simply don't need to see FB contacts in my dialer address book if I don't have a phone number for them. Actually, the M8 dialer app was also superior in that it would more intelligently sync contacts with one another. If you had the same person listed in FB, Google, your phone book, Linked In, etc., it would recommend linking them together and then do so for you.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I don't miss my M8 at all. The S6 is definitely a superior device. However, there were two features from the M8 I'd love on this phone; tap to wake and being able to filter your contacts based on those you have phone numbers. I simply don't need to see FB contacts in my dialer address book if I don't have a phone number for them. Actually, the M8 dialer app was also superior in that it would more intelligently sync contacts with one another. If you had the same person listed in FB, Google, your phone book, Linked In, etc., it would recommend linking them together and then do so for you.

Those are the 2 features I miss the most too. I agree the S6 is a better phone and the M8 was a great phone too.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante