I'm surprised not to find a generic discussion on thus Twitter-owned app. Let's try here since so many S6 owners are out in the marketplace. Periscope has already upgraded the app at least four times since releasing the app last Thursday. Today the version number rolled up to 1.0.1 which mostly seem to be stability fixes.

Updates are coming so quickly that it is probably too much to expect a help guide somewhere on line. I would like to see some kind of search by location -- think breaking news -- and an easier way -- other than logging out -- to halt notifications when you don't want to be interrupted by audio beeps and squeaks.

My prime question here:

How can we toggle between front and rear cameras when streaming from our handset? I see iOS users doing so, apparently quite easily. If the camera toggling is available, I haven't found the control yet.

What say you all? Any hidden features or tricks found?
    05-30-2015 07:44 PM
    I'm surprised not to find a generic discussion on thus Twitter-owned app. Let's try here since so many S6 owners are out in the marketplace. Periscope has already upgraded the app at least four times since releasing the app last Thursday. Today the version number rolled up to 1.0.1 which mostly seem to be stability fixes.

Updates are coming so quickly that it is probably too much to expect a help guide somewhere on line. I would like to see some kind of search by location -- think breaking news -- and an easier way -- other than logging out -- to halt notifications when you don't want to be interrupted by audio beeps and squeaks.

My prime question here:

How can we toggle between front and rear cameras when streaming from our handset? I see iOS users doing so, apparently quite easily. If the camera toggling is available, I haven't found the control yet.

What say you all? Any hidden features or tricks found?
    I'm not sure but can't you just swipe the screen when recording to switch to the front cam?
    05-31-2015 05:45 AM
    Thanks for the tip. Double-tapping the screen does the trick on both the S6 and my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 LTE tablet. Swipe down stops the broadcast.

A word in defense of my query. Clearly the app was updated since I posted the question 14 hours ago. A message at the top of the screen now tells the user broadcasting to double-tap the screen to change cameras. That was NOT there before.. No update to the version 1.0.1 number.

Some kind of developer-prepared work-in-progress help file or web page would be helpful here. Just saying. :-)
    05-31-2015 10:32 AM