Phone Insurance

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't know; I have had a checking account with Wells Fargo for many years. It was one of the first banks that let you pay bills online.

Has anyone used the insurance from Wells Fargo and how did it work out. I'm thinking about getting their credit card just for this

Posted via the Android Central App

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
No insurance. The Samsung insurance is $99 plus a $75 service fee if you have to use it ever. So, a cracked screen will cost $175.

Without insurance, Samsung will replace the screen for $200. For the $25 difference I will take my chance.

T-Mobile has a $10/month plan but, again, after just a year you're out $120 even if nothing goes wrong.

I've only ever cracked one screen and I've never lost or destroyed a phone.

I'm totally fine assuming the risk myself and saving the money.

Posted via Android Central App

Samsung's insurance gives you up to 3 claims per policy. So if you have 3 screens replaced, with the insurance would be $325. Without insurance, it would be $600. And it covers everything besides a cracked screen as well.
Plus if you cancel the policy early without using it, you get a pro-rated refund.
Piece of mind for $100 is alot less than what these phones cost.
That being said, to each their own.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Samsung's insurance gives you up to 3 claims per policy. So if you have 3 screens replaced, with the insurance would be $325. Without insurance, it would be $600. And it covers everything besides a cracked screen as well.
Plus if you cancel the policy early without using it, you get a pro-rated refund.

Yep and plus then replacement units are NIB. Can't beat that.

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about others insurance but I know Verizon's insurance does not give you a NIB, they give you a used model that had been refurbished which usually means it's been factory reset

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My GF's phone got stolen at the gym out of the locker and she went to best buy and was able to lease a phone. She pays monthly until she wants a new phone. She doesn't pay for insurance on her plan, she just deals with best buy. And I think whatever she put down was either less or around the same as a deductible would be. She makes out better without the monthly fee you pay for insurance. Look into it. I just deal with Asurion with Verizon. Monthly fee went up since I got an S6 though

Galaxy S6 Gang

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, carriers use grade B and C refurbished phones and Geek Squad uses only grade A refurbished phones which is also slightly cheaper deductible.

I was never aware that samsung offered insurance for our phones.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

I am think that or Wells Fargo.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
The Wells Fargo insurance says it doesn't cover cosmetic issues only something that prevents the phone from making or receiving phone calls. Would just a cracked screen or broken back glass be considered cosmetic and not covered?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I have submitted about 5 claims in my lifetime through the carriers. IMO a cracked screen makes the phone still usable so, it would not be covered. Does Wells Fargo cover water damage?

I had a run-in with Samsung over my Galaxy Gear S. I had a problem where the charging cradle kept breaking on a device that I had owned since December. Just about every month for about 4 months, the charging cradle would break. I wound up buying extras from Amazon to hold me over while I shipped the other one back. Then one day, the lip on the watch where the cradle attaches broke off. Samsung refused to cover it saying that it was not a hardware issue and I had not bought the replacement part directly from Samsung even though, I bought the part from Samsung, it was shipped from Samsung but was ordered through Amazon.

I spoke to supervisors, managers, etc.. and it went no where. They shipped me back the device and it still sits in the drawer.

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
I've had $11 per month Sprint insurance since 2009 and have never made a claim. That is easily over $700 I could have in the bank. Moving to Verizon and a new LG G4 on Thursday. I will be sticking the $11 per month in bank and will pay for damage repairs or replacements myself if they occur. But I think I will look into getting a Wells Fargo Credit card. It doesn't look like their insurance is as good, but at least it's better than nothing if you do not have to pay a premium. The only stipulation I read on their website is that you have to pay your phone bill with that card.

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had $11 per month Sprint insurance since 2009 and have never made a claim. That is easily over $700 I could have in the bank. Moving to Verizon and a new LG G4 on Thursday. I will be sticking the $11 per month in bank and will pay for damage repairs or replacements myself if they occur. But I think I will look into getting a Wells Fargo Credit card. It doesn't look like their insurance is as good, but at least it's better than nothing if you do not have to pay a premium. The only stipulation I read on their website is that you have to pay your phone bill with that card.

I'm on the fence on the Wells Fargo card and need to find out if they cover a cracked or shattered screen or back

larrynj

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Samsung just recently started to offer insurance. I think it's a better deal than from the carrier or another 3rd party. It's only $99 for 2 years and the deductible is much less. I have had warranty claims in the past with Apple Care and Microsoft. It was simple and hassle free and I'd expect Samsung to be similar. It was much better than in the past when I would use an old phone or buy a used one. While I agree that being self insured probably makes the most sense dollar wise. The piece of mind and simplicity in getting a replacement is worth a couple extra dollars to me.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Samsung just recently started to offer insurance. I think it's a better deal than from the carrier or another 3rd party. It's only $99 for 2 years and the deductible is much less. I have had warranty claims in the past with Apple Care and Microsoft. It was simple and hassle free and I'd expect Samsung to be similar. It was much better than in the past when I would use an old phone or buy a used one. While I agree that being self insured probably makes the most sense dollar wise. The piece of mind and simplicity in getting a replacement is worth a couple extra dollars to me.

Link to register for the insurance?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm on the fence on the Wells Fargo card and need to find out if they cover a cracked or shattered screen or back

They don't. If the phone works despite the screen or back crack, they will not replace. They only replace a phone that does not function properly. In spite of that, I am still going to use them, because I paid ATT $10/mo for two years for phone insurance. That was a wasted $240. I'll just replace the screen on my own if that happens. I am also past the 30 day limit for the Samsung insurance and the Costco insurance. So Wells Fargo will just have to do for me.

WF will replace a stolen phone, but not one that is "lost" or" mysteriously disappears."

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
After a lot of research, I decided to go with Samsung's mobile protection plan. It seemed to be the best in my opinion for my peace of mind.

Newbomb Turk

May 17, 2015
Visit site
They don't. If the phone works despite the screen or back crack, they will not replace. They only replace a phone that does not function properly. In spite of that, I am still going to use them, because I paid ATT $10/mo for two years for phone insurance. That was a wasted $240. I'll just replace the screen on my own if that happens. I am also past the 30 day limit for the Samsung insurance and the Costco insurance. So Wells Fargo will just have to do for me.

WF will replace a stolen phone, but not one that is "lost" or" mysteriously disappears."
If your phone was lost or mysteriously disappears, wouldn't it be as easy as filing a police report that it was stolen and then providing that to WF?

Wouldn't it be as easy as if

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay