Does Google improving SD Card Support Reflect Poorly on the Galaxy S6?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we prefer Samsung.
So we don't want to buy something else.
We liked the options we had, and don't want Samsung to continue this direction.
People expressed they wanted a more elegant looking device like Apple, and Samsung listened. Samsung also understood how no one wants to be a wall hugger, so they attempted to make the S6 stellar in battery life, but they missed the mark a bit. Now we are expressing the need/want/advantage of having expandable storage in addition to on board flash storage. That's all.
I wouldn't tell members posting here who want better battery life, better reception, or less bloat to go buy something else or 'vote with their wallet'.

Then fight it as hard as you want. Get on Twitter, G+, and write tons of emails to corporate. Get your friends involved. Screem from the roof tops. Do what ever you have to do. Even if the development of the note 5 is too late, it's not too late for the S7. With enough complaints Samsung will do an HTC and add back the SD card.

Then you'll get what you asked for and a whole lot less... Lack of choice.
Try to understand, as I've said, Samsung will not make multiple internal storage options if they add the SD card slot back. So make a wise choice, and so what you must. I did what you are doing and a whole lot more when the m7 came out. The result was the m8...awesome phone, but a lack of storage choices in retail markets. But it has an SD card slot that the card was way too hard to remove on the fly when not at home, so in the end was useless. You had to use a flash drive or card reader anyway. Awesome. /s

If you need more hints on how to get Samsung to move back to 16gb storage with an SD card slot just pm me. I'll be glad to help. /not sarcasm

Oh, and gl with your new nexus.

Posted via the zenfone 2

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would suggest that Aukey Quick Charge pack for $30 -- Can't beat that :D.

Nice, was already jumping on getting a new case on amazon. Might as well get this too. Was out yesterday using it at a park, so bright auto mode and no wifi plus playing a game for an hour = the first day I had poor battery life.

Big thanks

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have to say I'm loving my S6 more everyday. I've almost convinced one of my iPhone toting friends to convert based on this phone alone. His biggest concern is how to get his iTunes library readily accessible on Android. I'm at a loss how to help him out with that.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have to say I'm loving my S6 more everyday. I've almost convinced one of my iPhone toting friends to convert based on this phone alone. His biggest concern is how to get his iTunes library readily accessible on Android. I'm at a loss how to help him out with that.

Google Play Music has an easy import tool, it'll grab all of his library and make it readily available for download or streaming through the GPM app.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Here you go :) - How to get your iTunes music onto Android | Android Central

I personally would use the Google Play Music option -- easiest way.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Google Play Music has an easy import tool, it'll grab all of his library and make it readily available for download or streaming through the GPM app.

Awesome thx! I don't keep a music library myself so I'd never have known this. I just use Pandora.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Then fight it as hard as you want. Get on Twitter, G+, and write tons of emails to corporate. Get your friends involved. Screem from the roof tops. Do what ever you have to do. Even if the development of the note 5 is too late, it's not too late for the S7. With enough complaints Samsung will do an HTC and add back the SD card.

Then you'll get what you asked for and a whole lot less... Lack of choice.
Try to understand, as I've said, Samsung will not make multiple internal storage options if they add the SD card slot back. So make a wise choice, and so what you must. I did what you are doing and a whole lot more when the m7 came out. The result was the m8...awesome phone, but a lack of storage choices in retail markets. But it has an SD card slot that the card was way too hard to remove on the fly when not at home, so in the end was useless. You had to use a flash drive or card reader anyway. Awesome. /s

If you need more hints on how to get Samsung to move back to 16gb storage with an SD card slot just pm me. I'll be glad to help. /not sarcasm

Oh, and gl with your new nexus.

Posted via the zenfone 2

I know it would never happen but what I really want out of a phone is this:

M9 style body w/ SD slot
Boomsound speakers
64GB of Samsung internal storage
Samsung QHD AMOLED screen
Lollipop 5.1
No bloatware
Larger battery
Gotta love pipe dreams that should be real but never will be.

Last edited:

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I know it would never happen but what I really want out of a phone is this:

M9 style body w/ SD slot
Boomsound speakers
64GB of Samsung internal storage
Samsung QHD AMOLED screen
Lollipop 5.1
No bloatware
Larger battery
Gotta love pipe dreams that should be real but never will be.

Sounds like next years HTC One m10, but that will be 32gb storage since it will have an SD card slot....but one can dream, right? Lol (plus you know that all people here will say, "but the bezels...")

But dude, you can make the SD card slot come back. Trust me, they do listen. Well, I don't think they will listen to have stereo speakers, but SD card slot? Sure they will. You just got to get a lot of friends involved and pressure them to change their minds. I truly would help such a cause, like I did for the gold S6 on Verizon (and don't tell on me that I'm with AT&T. Lol)...but I'm against such a change because I want competition against Apple, and that takes more than 32gb internal storage. So if you want to do more than just cry on a forum, get involved and do something about it. Even HTC changed their minds, so why not Samsung?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I already ordered it before you posted the link, but thanks. Also got a UAG case in clear ice color, and grabbed this because my man cave is running out of outlets (thought others might want to check it out)...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00UV...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4471698

All on sale, how can you go wrong? Lol

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like next years HTC One m10, but that will be 32gb storage since it will have an SD card slot....but one can dream, right? Lol (plus you know that all people here will say, "but the bezels...")

But dude, you can make the SD card slot come back. Trust me, they do listen. Well, I don't think they will listen to have stereo speakers, but SD card slot? Sure they will. You just got to get a lot of friends involved and pressure them to change their minds. I truly would help such a cause, like I did for the gold S6 on Verizon (and don't tell on me that I'm with AT&T. Lol)...but I'm against such a change because I want competition against Apple, and that takes more than 32gb internal storage. So if you want to do more than just cry on a forum, get involved and do something about it. Even HTC changed their minds, so why not Samsung?

Its more of a pipe dream for me than anything else. As much as I want to have an SD slot I will take a bigger battery and no bloat first if I can get at least 64gb internal for a fair price. I think we can get less and less Samsung bloat, but it will take multiple manufacturers of android devices in concert before any of the major carriers would budge on carrier bloat.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Being very tech challenged, I have a question. Isn't the onboard storage faster than sd cards thus consuming less power?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Being very tech challenged, I have a question. Isn't the onboard storage faster than sd cards thus consuming less power?

Faster yes - not sure about power consumption. Faster runs for less time but more power at a time, while slower is the opposite. I'm not sure where the tipping point is. Anyone know how that works?

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Because Samsung has somewhat disappointed me with the S6 and all its issues, I have for the first time in the iPhone's history, been seriously considering getting an iPhone 6+, but the jump up in price for more GBs is ridiculous. Especially when SD cards or so inexpensive.
It wasn't broken, Samsung.
You didn't need to try and be an iPhone. :-(
I gave up the 6 plus for the s6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2