06-08-2015 12:28 PM
52 123
tools
    Where are the sales figures? It's the 4th now in Korea.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    It wont be any sales figure release on Jun 3. Its just for samsung electronics investor relations meeting.
    About Samsung - Samsung
    06-04-2015 05:31 AM
    I am sure we will see it any time now.
    06-04-2015 10:11 AM
    In the grand scheme of things (for us as owners of the S6) does it really matter if the sales are low or high? I am sure Samsung will still make the S7 whatever happens at this stage!
    06-04-2015 10:58 AM
    In the grand scheme of things (for us as owners of the S6) does it really matter if the sales are low or high? I am sure Samsung will still make the S7 whatever happens at this stage!
    True and I'm really curious to see how the S6 evolves to the S7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2015 11:09 AM
    True and I'm really curious to see how the S6 evolves to the S7.

If they only make it thicker, but improve features and the camera, acceptance will hopefully be greater.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-04-2015 11:48 AM
    If they only make it thicker, but improve features and the camera, acceptance will hopefully be greater.

Only every so slightly thicker to bring the back flush with the camera and increase battery size.

06-04-2015 12:44 PM
    I must be the only one that like the camera bump and thinks it gives it a little style. A plain,100% flat, slab isn't all that great design wise to me. That's to iPhone to me, most other Android phones with a flush camera have some other sort of style cue somewhere, so if they go what route with the S7 I hope it has some sort of small redesign somewhere to keep if from being a basic, flat slab.
    06-04-2015 02:05 PM
    I must be the only one that like the camera bump and thinks it gives it a little style. A plain,100% flat, slab isn't all that great design wise to me. That's to iPhone to me, most other Android phones with a flush camera have some other sort of style cue somewhere, so if they go what route with the S7 I hope it has some sort of small redesign somewhere to keep if from being a basic, flat slab.
    Good deal, but it's also a liability if you don't use a case. I use a case.

06-04-2015 03:47 PM
    Good deal, but it's also a liability if you don't use a case. I use a case.

I would still use a case.

06-04-2015 04:12 PM
    Well it kind of might.

Samsung are the only ones who were doing well in the Android space and making decent profits. If they drop, then Android on a whole will drop.

That could mean OEM's are more reluctant to develop high-end android phones because the market isn't there to purchase them.

If Samsung isn't doing well, it could affect android on a whole.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    06-04-2015 06:24 PM
    And iMore will chuckle.
    06-04-2015 06:27 PM
    And iMore will chuckle.
    Screw imore.

berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-04-2015 07:06 PM
    Well it kind of might.

Samsung are the only ones who were doing well in the Android space and making decent profits. If they drop, then Android on a whole will drop.

That could mean OEM's are more reluctant to develop high-end android phones because the market isn't there to purchase them.

If Samsung isn't doing well, it could affect android on a whole.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    I don't agree. Another OEM will take its place. But I agree that if Samsung isn't doing well, it will affect android as a whole.... But I think Sammy did it to themselves these last couple of times.

06-04-2015 07:09 PM
    Screw imore.

:-p - Love it!
    06-04-2015 07:10 PM
    I'm not so sure it could be called a 'win'. No actual sales figures from Samsung yet (which is somewhat telling in itself) but there were independent third party reports released yesterday. S6 may have only moved 6 million units (actually sold to consumers) in the 3 weeks in April, still the #1 Android phone but behind the now 6 month old iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which is somewhat surprising.

I was really hoping there would be broader market acceptance of the S6 since I think the redesign was the right direction for Samsung, even if not executed terribly well from a software standpoint.

Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Struggles to Keep Up With Apple’s iPhone 6 - WSJ
    06-04-2015 07:11 PM
    I'm not so sure it could be called a 'win'. No actual sales figures from Samsung yet (which is somewhat telling in itself) but there were independent third party reports released yesterday. S6 may have only moved 6 million units (actually sold to consumers) in the 3 weeks in April, still the #1 Android phone but behind the now 6 month old iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which is somewhat surprising.

I was really hoping there would be broader market acceptance of the S6 since I think the redesign was the right direction for Samsung, even if not executed terribly well from a software standpoint.

Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Struggles to Keep Up With Apple’s iPhone 6 - WSJ
    People are comfortable with what is familiar. With the exception of occasional screen size changes, material choices and NFC, how much has the iOS and the material design really changed. Sure it's also gone slimmer and metal but it's still essentially the same design and OS perspective since launch. While Samsung could have gone further on the software side, they didn't go far enough on the hardware side. The exclusion of two,primary features is a much more radical design departure for Samsung. It's will,pay more rewards on future Galaxy devices.
    06-04-2015 07:36 PM
    If this is Samsungs reply and its sure a lose and not a win.
    “Sales of the S6 and S6 Edge are meeting our internal target,” = not expected sales.
    S5 took 25 days to ship 10M units and need S6/S6 Edge combined to reach simlilar shipping units.
    Coming from a manufacturing company myself, and an electronics one to boot, I spent 7 years in customer service/sales department, "internal sales" "projected sales", forecasted sales rarely hit targets. When they do hit or sometimes exceed, it's always cool, but I learned not to expect it. Increasing 8-10 points is great, but most targets are set by sales department heads and they dream big. In short, it's too soon to tell. They do need to focus on what we, the consumer, are saying or complaining about and address it. Word of mouth is everything. Just my opinion

06-04-2015 07:38 PM
    I agree. I really like my S6 edge but I still can't wait to see more. Speaking of the Galaxy S7, if it is released, when do you think it will be?
    06-04-2015 09:44 PM
    06-05-2015 02:11 PM
    06-05-2015 02:14 PM
    I agree. I really like my S6 edge but I still can't wait to see more. Speaking of the Galaxy S7, if it is released, when do you think it will be?
    Next April probably. That's the way it's been for years now.
    06-05-2015 02:21 PM
    Next April probably. That's the way it's been for years now.
    Even better the rumor mill starts in February.
    06-05-2015 02:53 PM
    Almost 2 months in and Samsung still mysteriously has not releases sales figures. On Verizon, the largest carrier, both S6's are already at reduced price. We all know what that means. Then there's this article stating that the S6 will outsell the S5! Really? Shouldn't that be a given since the S5 was a sales disaster last year? So Samsung is weighing success based on a device that sold poorly last year? With a bar set that low, of course the Samsung Galaxy S6 will be a success! I figured since Samsung created the Samsung iphone S6 their target would be the Apple iPhone variant. When did Apple cease to be Samsung's target? All of a sudden, after 2 months of silence, Samsung reveals that it's competing with a failed device from last year? Seems like Samsung peeked at iPhones most recent numbers and decided to change opponents.
    By the way, June 3rd has come and gone.
    06-07-2015 07:58 AM
    06-07-2015 08:20 AM
    I rarely saw people with GS6 for the last month ornso. Most people that I see with samsung device uses gs5 or the note 4.
    06-07-2015 10:25 AM
52 123