GS6 Looks Like a Win for Samsung

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Well... battery life on any phone is highly subjective and based on everyone's differing uses. I would expect most people reading these forums to understand that. As an example, all the iPhones my wife has had she's complained about terrible battery life and we've had to get her a mophie case.

Look at the iPhone forums and I'll bet you see just as many battery complaints.

Posted via the Android Central App

I would have agreed with your statement until recently, and not because people don't have issues with the i6 battery, but because of my recent browsing through iMore and other iOS forms. God forbid anyone criticize apple over there or tjere will be hell to pay. Heck, even in the android section of iMore there's a moderator posting about how they couldn't care less about anything non iOS out there on every thread it seems. To me, there is more civility here in Android Central than in iMore. Nonetheless, The 6 has battery issues, but the 6+ has above average batteryife.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I would have agreed with your statement until recently, and not because people don't have issues with the i6 battery, but because of my recent browsing through iMore and other iOS forms. God forbid anyone criticize apple over there or tjere will be hell to pay. Heck, even in the android section of iMore there's a moderator posting about how they couldn't care less about anything non iOS out there on every thread it seems. To me, there is more civility here in Android Central than in iMore. Nonetheless, The 6 has battery issues, but the 6+ has above average batteryife.

I would change my user name to Yarrel (or how ever it's spelled) and troll the hell out of their forums, but I'm not 20 years old anymore. That place is horrible and has no class.

Posted via the zenfone 2

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
In the grand scheme of things (for us as owners of the S6) does it really matter if the sales are low or high? I am sure Samsung will still make the S7 whatever happens at this stage!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
In the grand scheme of things (for us as owners of the S6) does it really matter if the sales are low or high? I am sure Samsung will still make the S7 whatever happens at this stage!

True and I'm really curious to see how the S6 evolves to the S7.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
True and I'm really curious to see how the S6 evolves to the S7.

If they only make it thicker, but improve features and the camera, acceptance will hopefully be greater.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If they only make it thicker, but improve features and the camera, acceptance will hopefully be greater.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Only every so slightly thicker to bring the back flush with the camera and increase battery size.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I must be the only one that like the camera bump and thinks it gives it a little style. :p A plain,100% flat, slab isn't all that great design wise to me. That's to iPhone to me, most other Android phones with a flush camera have some other sort of style cue somewhere, so if they go what route with the S7 I hope it has some sort of small redesign somewhere to keep if from being a basic, flat slab.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I must be the only one that like the camera bump and thinks it gives it a little style. :p A plain,100% flat, slab isn't all that great design wise to me. That's to iPhone to me, most other Android phones with a flush camera have some other sort of style cue somewhere, so if they go what route with the S7 I hope it has some sort of small redesign somewhere to keep if from being a basic, flat slab.

Good deal, but it's also a liability if you don't use a case. I use a case.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Well it kind of might.

Samsung are the only ones who were doing well in the Android space and making decent profits. If they drop, then Android on a whole will drop.

That could mean OEM's are more reluctant to develop high-end android phones because the market isn't there to purchase them.

If Samsung isn't doing well, it could affect android on a whole.

Sent from my SM-G920I

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Well it kind of might.

Samsung are the only ones who were doing well in the Android space and making decent profits. If they drop, then Android on a whole will drop.

That could mean OEM's are more reluctant to develop high-end android phones because the market isn't there to purchase them.

If Samsung isn't doing well, it could affect android on a whole.

Sent from my SM-G920I

I don't agree. Another OEM will take its place. But I agree that if Samsung isn't doing well, it will affect android as a whole.... But I think Sammy did it to themselves these last couple of times.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm not so sure it could be called a 'win'. No actual sales figures from Samsung yet (which is somewhat telling in itself) but there were independent third party reports released yesterday. S6 may have only moved 6 million units (actually sold to consumers) in the 3 weeks in April, still the #1 Android phone but behind the now 6 month old iPhone 6 and 6 Plus which is somewhat surprising.

I was really hoping there would be broader market acceptance of the S6 since I think the redesign was the right direction for Samsung, even if not executed terribly well from a software standpoint.

Samsung’s Galaxy S6 Struggles to Keep Up With Apple’s iPhone 6 - WSJ

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance