Making the switch..LG g3 to Galaxy s6, right choice?

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I owned several samsung devices, and they were always OK to me. But last year I bought a g3 and I LOVED IT. The bezels/size, the clarity of the screen, it's just a great phone. BUT samsung really changed the game with the new galaxy series, the only complaint of course it not having expandable storage but the design and specs are seemingly overpowering the g4 design and specs (to me). The s6 is a beautiful phone and has brought equal or more powerful screen resolution and processing power to the g4. I have also read that the g4 is thicker and heavier than the g3, whereas the s6 is thinner and lighter while only being .4 inches smaller. Tell me what you believe is the best choice. is the s6 the right choice, or is sticking to LG the better option. My update is in July so I have some time. Please write pros/cons to your experiences with both. Whether you are a developer or a user. Thanks! :)

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I use a S6 for personal and for work I have an LG G3. While the G3 is a very nice phone, it cannot compare to my S6 in terms of camera, screen and single hand usability. If it was me and I had no dependence on the SD card coming from a G3, I'd say the S6 was a positive move. In terms of battery life I would say they're practically on par, G3 ever so slightly a little better buy I have a lot of features off I've got on my S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
thanks for your reply! yeah the g4 is generally the same the g3 (mins the added perks) hearing your positive experience with the s6 is great :) how much memory did you buy as I know its not expandable. I think 64 gb should be enough..

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I got the 32GB version but would recommend the 64GB minimum.

I love my S6, but if you really like your G3 and in the past had a so-so experience with Samsung devices id still suggest testing both out to see which suits your needs. You may find the screen too small on the S6, or not prefer the TW launcher...they are both great phones and if it were me id being doing some deep research before jumping in.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
If you like a slightly smaller form factor, better camera and battery life is not as important than the S6 could be great. Going to use my S6 on the weekends when battery life is not as critical and need a good camera! I had a G3 for a while and like the S6 better. I got the 64 GB model and think it is a great device.

Posted via my ZenFone 2!

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Go with s6 I also came from the G3.And to me it's night and day.S6 Has a better camera IMO a brighter screen.The design alone is enough to blow you away.I love the feel of the phone also IMO it's easier to view in sunlight.I purchased the 64GB S6.To be honest I don't miss my G3 one bit.Battery life is about the same to me.Some people complain about the S6 battey life.But to be honest I don't have a issue.

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S6

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Go to the store and check them both out. The G4 is much nicer than the G3. Gets my vote over the S6 for sure.

Posted via Android Central App

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
awesome! and what colors did you guys go with? I have decided to not go with the edge as I don't like how it feels in hand but I am between white or gold, I will use a glass screen protector so I have heard that the gold one reflects in the sun and is almost blinding and also for case purposes I think the white is the better choice but the gold is so appealing, so yea share your opinions on colors too, I value what everyone has to say :)

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
awesome! and what colors did you guys go with? I have decided to not go with the edge as I don't like how it feels in hand but I am between white or gold, I will use a glass screen protector so I have heard that the gold one reflects in the sun and is almost blinding and also for case purposes I think the white is the better choice but the gold is so appealing, so yea share your opinions on colors too, I value what everyone has to say :)

I love my pearl white one with a tempered glass screen protector and clear case.

mrsean67

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have heard that the gold one reflects in the sun and is almost blinding and also for case purposes I think the white is the better choice but the gold is so appealing, so yea share your opinions on colors too, I value what everyone has to say :)
I have not had any problems with sun glare outdoors with my gold S6. This is the phone you want, if you need to see your screen outdoors.

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Can you guys upload some pics of your gold s6 and white s6. The gold is soooo nice I just am unsure how it I'll look with colored cases and I am constantly changing my case. White is safe and still beautiful looking. Ahhhhh such a hard choice lol

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Black sapphire is the way to go. It certain light, it looks smoky black and others blue sapphire. Hope you love your device. I've had kind since launch and....

http://youtu.be/yHtLF6IicNk

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Black sapphire is the way to go. It certain light, it looks smoky black and others blue sapphire. Hope you love your device. I've had kind since launch and....

I took a long walk on the Avenue today while playing with my phone. I got 3 complements asking what blue phone I had. The black sapphire is the color to get. It's amazing, and I agree with you.

White and gold is nice, but I'm telling you, the black sapphire is the way to go.

Posted via the zenfone 2

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
You really have to compare the s6 to the g4....
It's like choosing between the g4 and the s5...need to compare this years flagship's in my opinion.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Ya I love this about the black...it changes but very drastically in different shades. It goes from dark black, to shadow/smokey black to almost cyan blue...and the range between those can vary too. I get a lot of compliments about it, it's a really cool detail that myself and others gawking appreciate :)

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
You really have to compare the s6 to the g4....
It's like choosing between the g4 and the s5...need to compare this years flagship's in my opinion.

Well I am kind of asking that. Asking if jumping from my g3 and not getting the g4 to the s6 is the best desicion

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I actually just left best buy and think the gold is too flashy and not for me. The black was very nice!!! I am now between the black and white but I don't like getting colored phones and the fact that it looks blue scares me a bit. I also put on a lot cases so. Idk ahhh!! Post pictures of your phones it'll help me decide I'm such a geek hahaha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool