What are the pros and cons of the different ways Samsung with Verizon does simultaneous voice and data?
    I understand the previous Verizon Samsung devices did it with two radios.
    How is the way they're doing it now better or worse than the way they did it previously?
    06-02-2015 09:37 PM
    It's better for them because one day they want to be only LTE. So this is like then future proofing.

The only down side is if you have a weak LTE signal you could get dropped calls... Otherwise there really isn't a down side.
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-02-2015 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Also thanks for fixing the title.
    06-02-2015 09:51 PM
    I've been using Google Voice for several years. My business number rings this phone through Google voice.
    Are the calls I make through Google voice similar to the way Samsung is doing simultaneous voice and data now?
    06-02-2015 09:53 PM
    Not sure about your area, but in mine, the sound quality is terrible. The ringer alone is distorted, but once the conversation starts? The voices echo, or sound computerized, or sometimes it sounds like the speaker is blown out. I took my phone in to Verizon thinking it was defective, but they acknowledged that the sound quality isn't great right now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-02-2015 09:59 PM
    There is no pros it's all cons.
    There wasn't anything wrong with the way they did it before. Doing it this way probably somehow puts more money in Verizon's pocket since the hard ware is probably cheaper to make. They now have one less antenna than before.
    06-03-2015 12:02 AM
    There is no pros it's all cons.
    There wasn't anything wrong with the way they did it before. Doing it this way probably somehow puts more money in Verizon's pocket since the hard ware is probably cheaper to make. They now have one less antenna than before.
    It doesn't really hence why they charge you nothing for it. Sure an antenna cost is small but all technology is working towards VoLTE... Not just Verizon. They want to phase the old stuff out to use that old spectrum towards LTE spectrum. In reality it's more pros than cons.
    06-03-2015 12:38 AM
    I didn't even know verizon had this now. I never have data when I'm talking on the phone. If someone sends me a picture I always have to hang up to be able to receive it. How do I get this?

06-03-2015 03:38 AM
    I didn't even know verizon had this now. I never have data when I'm talking on the phone. If someone sends me a picture I always have to hang up to be able to receive it. How do I get this?

You can go into your account and add advanced calling to enable the feature. It is a free feature to add.
    06-03-2015 07:47 AM
    I think I did but it still doesn't work :/

06-03-2015 01:30 PM
    It doesn't really hence why they charge you nothing for it. Sure an antenna cost is small but all technology is working towards VoLTE... Not just Verizon. They want to phase the old stuff out to use that old spectrum towards LTE spectrum. In reality it's more pros than cons.
    oh I fully understand why there doing it but theres really no reason not to keep things like they were until they get all the spectrum swapped over to lte. that would have been the best of both worlds . in my opinion its about 1 or 2 years to soon to be forcing this on everybody. for some of us its not working well enough right now to run a business on.
    06-03-2015 01:45 PM
    oh I fully understand why there doing it but theres really no reason not to keep things like they were until they get all the spectrum swapped over to lte. that would have been the best of both worlds . in my opinion its about 1 or 2 years to soon to be forcing this on everybody. for some of us its not working well enough right now to run a business on.
    There is a reason though.. If they just dropped all the old and started swapping it to LTE every person without a VoLTE capable phone would be in trouble including their prepaid. They wouldn't just exclude all of them.. It wouldn't make sense.
    06-03-2015 01:47 PM
    You can go into your account and add advanced calling to enable the feature. It is a free feature to add.
    I doubled checked to make sure. I do have it on but it's never worked 😒

06-03-2015 06:27 PM
    There is a reason though.. If they just dropped all the old and started swapping it to LTE every person without a VoLTE capable phone would be in trouble including their prepaid. They wouldn't just exclude all of them.. It wouldn't make sense.
    Yes but most all the new phones have the ability to do volte with a simple software update so it's not like anybody's getting left out. If anything the new way is forcing people with older phones that can't be volte capable with a update to upgrade there phone.
    There's no real reason to remove one antenna and force this way of doing volte right now unless it some how saves them money. They could keep making phones the old way and slowly phase out all the old spectrum until everybody was on the same page.
    06-03-2015 11:59 PM
    Yes but most all the new phones have the ability to do volte with a simple software update so it's not like anybody's getting left out. If anything the new way is forcing people with older phones that can't be volte capable with a update to upgrade there phone.
    There's no real reason to remove one antenna and force this way of doing volte right now unless it some how saves them money. They could keep making phones the old way and slowly phase out all the old spectrum until everybody was on the same page.
    Just saying -- technology moves forward. It never just sits and waits. Hence why graphics cards for PCs churn out fast, phones come out every year with the best of the best hardware, and then carriers push more and more LTE speeds. They're not going to just stall and wait then instantly switch everyone without testing and all that -- it would be a horrible idea.
    06-04-2015 09:49 AM