So I'm looking into getting an s6 this weekend and I'm sold on everything about the phone but I do have one concern. I read online that using the quick charger that comes with the phone may ultimately damage the battery in the long run. And not having a removable battery on the s6 makes me wonder. Is this a legit concern or will it be just fine using the quick charge charger everyday.. Maybe I'm just being paranoid
    06-03-2015 12:26 PM
    It will be fine for a 2 year stretch. Quick charge does put more strain on the battery but you should be fine.
    maclifer and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    06-03-2015 12:36 PM
    It's fine to use every time you charge the phone. One major warning, as you may already know the battery life on this phone is not the best around. Still, I like it a lot and got used to it after around a week of owning it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    maclifer likes this.
    06-03-2015 12:38 PM
    Buy a Samsung wireless charger or charge it with a regular samsung charger if you're worried. It will charge at a normal rate and you don't have to be concerned. I like being able to have a full charge quickly and I'm pretty sure by the time, if yoyr battery even becomes an issue, you'll probably get a new phone anyway. If you're a worried buyer, stick with the phone you have if there's nothing wrong with it or buy a phone with a removable battery. If you're a "go for it" buyer like me, just do it. Every phone will have some sort of issue at some point. It's useless to go crazy worrying about it

Galaxy S6 Gang
    ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    06-03-2015 02:56 PM
    Quick charge is an amazing feature. Honestly gets me to 100 from 30 in 50 minutes. Gone are the days I would delay going out after work to charge my phone haha.
    maclifer and ShaunAFC3 like this.
    06-03-2015 03:18 PM
    It's fine to use every time you charge the phone. One major warning, as you may already know the battery life on this phone is not the best around. Still, I like it a lot and got used to it after around a week of owning it.

Not the case for everyone, battery life is good for some of us, it is hit and miss it seems and I think carrier specific, I get 4 to 6 hours SOT. Today I have been busy, so only 2 hours screen time but on for 15 hours so far and and currently on 65% battery.

ShaunAFC3 likes this.
    06-03-2015 03:24 PM
    I am also one who is NOT whining and moaning and complaining about battery life -- I've been very happy with mine. And, I also recommend wireless charging -- that's one of the big reasons why I went for an S6. I chose to go with the TYLT Vu charger, which seems to be a bit easier to get the phone sitting onto properly compared to the flat hockey-puck-style chargers:

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

And it's still plenty fast -- I rarely get much below 70% or 80% during a day's usage, and the TYLT Vu will get me back to 100% in very short order. All I can tell you is that I have been VERY happy and satisfied with my S6's battery life, and I just love the wireless charging. It's a great way to go!
    06-03-2015 06:48 PM
    I am also one who is NOT whining and moaning and complaining about battery life -- I've been very happy with mine. And, I also recommend wireless charging -- that's one of the big reasons why I went for an S6. I chose to go with the TYLT Vu charger, which seems to be a bit easier to get the phone sitting onto properly compared to the flat hockey-puck-style chargers:

TYLT • VU • Wireless Charger

And it's still plenty fast -- I rarely get much below 70% or 80% during a day's usage, and the TYLT Vu will get me back to 100% in very short order. All I can tell you is that I have been VERY happy and satisfied with my S6's battery life, and I just love the wireless charging. It's a great way to go!
    I believe that there is also a version for the car.
    06-03-2015 08:56 PM
    I just came from the Nexus 6, and I can say thus far the battery on the S6 is better. I'm using the hell out of the phone, and am very pleased. I have a wireless charger, car and rapid charger, so I don't worry about battery life. Still, in normal use, it's better than I anticipated.
    06-03-2015 09:17 PM