can't capture screenshot on GS6

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
According to the information that I had read so far. There are 2 ways to capture screenshot:

1. Press the power button & Home button together.

2. Use the Motion & gestures, palm swipe to capture method.

Method 2 so far work for me. But it's a little tricky because sometimes the screen register my palm swipe as finger swipe and it moves the page...

I prefer the use of physical button. But I couldn't figure how to use the method 1. Whenever I try to hold down the power and home button together (for about 2 seconds), it's either launch Google Now or it bring me back to the home screen...

Need some advise here.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
According to the information that I had read so far. There are 2 ways to capture screenshot:

1. Press the power button & Home button together.

2. Use the Motion & gestures, palm swipe to capture method.

Method 2 so far work for me. But it's a little tricky because sometimes the screen register my palm swipe as finger swipe and it moves the page...

I prefer the use of physical button. But I couldn't figure how to use the method 1. Whenever I try to hold down the power and home button together (for about 2 seconds), it's either launch Google Now or it bring me back to the home screen...

Need some advise here.

Not really sure what advice to give tbh - you are doing the correct steps for method 1 - just ensure you press the home button and power button at the same time, hold for 1 / 2 seconds then it should take the screen shot for you. If this method doesn't work there is always a ton of apps in the play store that will help you capture a screen shot.

Wai Kong Pang

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Not really sure what advice to give tbh - you are doing the correct steps for method 1 - just ensure you press the home button and power button at the same time, hold for 1 / 2 seconds then it should take the screen shot for you. If this method doesn't work there is always a ton of apps in the play store that will help you capture a screen shot.

Hi, I'd figured it out thanks to your reply.

1. Previously, I used to press power button first, and then home button (within less then a second) and hold both for 2 seconds. That result in bringing me back to home screen.

2. However if press the home button first, and then power button and hold both for 2 seconds, it launch Google now...

The correct way is to press both at the same time, not 1 after another (the old habit develop when using iPhone 4). I get it. Thanks.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I'd figured it out thanks to your reply.

1. Previously, I used to press power button first, and then home button (within less then a second) and hold both for 2 seconds. That result in bringing me back to home screen.

2. However if press the home button first, and then power button and hold both for 2 seconds, it launch Google now...

The correct way is to press both at the same time, not 1 after another (the old habit develop when using iPhone 4). I get it. Thanks.

Glad you got it sorted out :)

joe_fresh

Trusted Member
Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Method 2 needs to be a Swype holding your hand like you are doing a karate chop. Best to make sure the whole side of your hand is touching the display.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Method 2 needs to be a Swype holding your hand like you are doing a karate chop. Best to make sure the whole side of your hand is touching the display.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7

Agreed. It can be a little tricky.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

kittysback

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I always have trouble with the hand swipe... It always moves the screen to the next screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

lholton

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Good day, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, my phone fell into water and i quickly took it out and dried it. my volume button doesn't want to work properly and I can't take a screenshot with the button combo either. Is there a way to activate the button combo or does it come standard with the phone?

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Good day, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, my phone fell into water and i quickly took it out and dried it. my volume button doesn't want to work properly and I can't take a screenshot with the button combo either. Is there a way to activate the button combo or does it come standard with the phone?
You have already started a thread about this. Please use that for any updates.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7