06-19-2015 11:09 AM
113 1234 ...
tools
    - Larger battery capacity or better improvements to suck less juice out of the battery. Whatever they do, just make the battery life better. If they increase capacity, make the back of the device flush with the camera hump.

- Remove occasional stutter/lag in the UI.

- Improve the speaker. IMO it's not very good at all.

- Swap the back and multitask buttons around.

- The theming engine is really quite poor. Allow us to build our own themes from the ground up or at the very least let us customise the themes from the store.

- Greatly slim down Touchwiz, preferably move towards stock android more.

- Reduce the saturation levels on AMOLED Adaptive and AMOLED Cinema display modes. To me they're too saturated and colours look too intense. Whereas Adobe photo and basic modes look too dull and washed out. Need a setting in the middle.

- A new striking physical design. The Galaxy line has stuck with the same formula for quite a while now. Would prefer something different.

Sent from my SM-G920I
    06-04-2015 04:44 PM
    Until TW has all the options that Nova offers, I don't care how "streamlined" they make it. I'm not gonna use it as there are things Nova lets me to do that TW hasn't even come close to implementing ... so I don't care about that. I don't care about the lack of SD card slot ... I really don't. The internal memory is WAY too fast for me to consider using an SD card. I'm ok with having paid more for the internal memory vs. the SD card price. But, I'm a user that doesn't go off for days w/out access to a PC and take a gazillion pics that need to be offloaded ... or store all kinds of movies/shows/music on my phone that would limit my space internally - thus requiring me to have a slew of SD cards with stuff on them that I could swap out at will. I DO realize that some people do this, and the SD card slot (while slower to access) is a benefit for having the ability to carry tons of storage that you can load-up at will.

As much as I love the camera, I would be fine if the camera were not quite as good as it is now - and the reason I say that is, it's probably all the lenses and electronics that make up this awesome camera that require it to be as "thick" as it is through that section of the phone. If you reduced it's quality just a little - NOT MUCH - but a tiny bit, you could make that portion/section of the camera thinner ... THEN ... increase battery thickness/capacity and make the phone a "block" that's flat on both the front and back ... and the overall phone thickness still wouldn't be too thick at all.

THAT is the main thing I dislike about the samsung phones. Never cared for the hump on my S4, and really don't care for it at all on my S6.

As for the back glass ... I love it from a pure design standpoint, and realize it's there at least partially due to the wireless charging. However, they could have used a very high-strength high-quality polymer instead of glass ... it would look basically the same as the glass, still allow for wireless charging ... and be less prone to damage. I think it would still feel just as "premium" as it does now, but offer more protection and less ability to be damaged. Win-Win if you ask me.

Do those two main things and you'd have a pure winner... even if the phone was slightly thicker.

Google (as mentioned above) still needs to address the software issues causing battery drain ... Samsung still needs to work on the TW interface (even if I don't personally care) ... If they wanna add an SD card slot back, that's fine with me ... I don't care. I'm GLAD they didn't waterproof this phone ... I would MUCH rather deal with keeping it dry and NOT have to screw with those port covers. My wife had an S4 active, and that charging/data port cover was nothing but a pure and royal PITA. If you want some better weatherproofing, just get some of those port filler thingys that some people around here are using. While you might be able to lose them, they are far easier to deal with than the ones that are hinged/attached to the phone itself.
    06-04-2015 04:47 PM
    Until TW has all the options that Nova offers, I don't care how "streamlined" they make it. I'm not gonna use it as there are things Nova lets me to do that TW hasn't even come close to implementing ... so I don't care about that. I don't care about the lack of SD card slot ... I really don't. The internal memory is WAY too fast for me to consider using an SD card. I'm ok with having paid more for the internal memory vs. the SD card price. But, I'm a user that doesn't go off for days w/out access to a PC and take a gazillion pics that need to be offloaded ... or store all kinds of movies/shows/music on my phone that would limit my space internally - thus requiring me to have a slew of SD cards with stuff on them that I could swap out at will. I DO realize that some people do this, and the SD card slot (while slower to access) is a benefit for having the ability to carry tons of storage that you can load-up at will.

As much as I love the camera, I would be fine if the camera were not quite as good as it is now - and the reason I say that is, it's probably all the lenses and electronics that make up this awesome camera that require it to be as "thick" as it is through that section of the phone. If you reduced it's quality just a little - NOT MUCH - but a tiny bit, you could make that portion/section of the camera thinner ... THEN ... increase battery thickness/capacity and make the phone a "block" that's flat on both the front and back ... and the overall phone thickness still wouldn't be too thick at all.

THAT is the main thing I dislike about the samsung phones. Never cared for the hump on my S4, and really don't care for it at all on my S6.

As for the back glass ... I love it from a pure design standpoint, and realize it's there at least partially due to the wireless charging. However, they could have used a very high-strength high-quality polymer instead of glass ... it would look basically the same as the glass, still allow for wireless charging ... and be less prone to damage. I think it would still feel just as "premium" as it does now, but offer more protection and less ability to be damaged. Win-Win if you ask me.

Do those two main things and you'd have a pure winner... even if the phone was slightly thicker.

Google (as mentioned above) still needs to address the software issues causing battery drain ... Samsung still needs to work on the TW interface (even if I don't personally care) ... If they wanna add an SD card slot back, that's fine with me ... I don't care. I'm GLAD they didn't waterproof this phone ... I would MUCH rather deal with keeping it dry and NOT have to screw with those port covers. My wife had an S4 active, and that charging/data port cover was nothing but a pure and royal PITA. If you want some better weatherproofing, just get some of those port filler thingys that some people around here are using. While you might be able to lose them, they are far easier to deal with than the ones that are hinged/attached to the phone itself.
    Agree mostly. You lost me on polymer for the back as I take it to mean plastic and I am so over plastic.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-04-2015 05:03 PM
    Bigger battery. Or shall I say better battery management. Then a better speaker, or front facing would be nice.

Posted via the Android Central App
    berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-04-2015 05:15 PM
    Bigger battery. Or shall I say better battery management. Then a better speaker, or front facing would be nice.

Same
    adelcastillo78 likes this.
    06-04-2015 05:20 PM
    I must be the only one who thinks the device is fine as it 😯
    06-04-2015 05:32 PM
    Only three words. Longer lasting battery.

I'm fed up of my phone dying after only four hours on screen time
    06-04-2015 05:40 PM
    Only three words. Longer lasting battery.

I'm fed up of my phone dying after only four hours on screen time
    Your lucky you get 4 hours. I barely get 2 1\2 to 3 and I've got everything turned off to where my phone is barely usable.

06-04-2015 06:18 PM
    I must be the only one who thinks the device is fine as it 😯
    No. There are a few others. But y'all are in the minority.

berdinkerdickle likes this.
    06-04-2015 06:19 PM
    Your lucky you get 4 hours. I barely get 2 1\2 to 3 and I've got everything turned off to where my phone is barely usable.

This phones battery is a nightmare. It loses 20% battery every hour
    06-04-2015 06:51 PM
    Battery is fine for me but i bought mophie case anyways.

Sent from my T-Mobile Black Sapphire 64gig Galaxy S6
    06-04-2015 06:52 PM
    Hey Phil, here's my suggestions.

1. Software optimization (fix ram, lag, WiFi, background apps, interrupting audio notification issues)
    2. Battery optimization
    3. A bigger battery
    4. Onscreen buttons (that we can edit)
    5. Front facing speakers
    6. Touchwizz aesthetic overhaul with a cohesive design and ui.
    7. Colour calibration slider
    8. Some decent minimal theme
    9. Move away from iPhone like phone design, more like the S6e , they need to have a unique design.
    10. Quality control.
    11. Make better use of the amoled screen for active notifications and time functions etc...
    12. Always listening voice assistant

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-04-2015 06:57 PM
    Lots of "what would you change" articles, huh?

Removable battery (and more capacity).
    External SD card.
    Tell AT&T and Verizon where the short pier is (no locked bootloaders, no Knox stubs or eFuses).
    Front facing speaker probably - it's just better technically, but I don't use much audio - ringtones, etc. (My wife watches movies, I hang out here.)

All the "make it look like ... on the screen" stuff doesn't bother me - I have TW still installed in case someone has a question about it, but I never use it, and never have, since my first Samsung I put on whatever icons, wallpaper, boot and shutdown graphics, keyboard, etc., I want. And I don't fault Samsung for Lollipop - anything Lollipop-related is Google's fault.
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-04-2015 07:35 PM
    Lots of "what would you change" articles, huh?

Removable battery (and more capacity).
    External SD card.
    Tell AT&T and Verizon where the short pier is (no locked bootloaders, no Knox stubs or eFuses).
    Front facing speaker probably - it's just better technically, but I don't use much audio - ringtones, etc. (My wife watches movies, I hang out here.)

All the "make it look like ... on the screen" stuff doesn't bother me - I have TW still installed in case someone has a question about it, but I never use it, and never have, since my first Samsung I put on whatever icons, wallpaper, boot and shutdown graphics, keyboard, etc., I want. And I don't fault Samsung for Lollipop - anything Lollipop-related is Google's fault.
    We part company only on the replaceable battery and sd card. IMO, while useful and desireable to some, their day has come and gone. Better power/resource management on a slightly larger battery would be as far as I would go from a battery perspective. Battery technology has to take a leap forward as well.
    06-04-2015 07:44 PM
    Well, the good thing is it looks like Google has addressed the deep sleep situation with M, and bas we on reports from the preview users it seems to be working. Of course I don't expect to see M on my carrier device for 9 months or so.

06-04-2015 07:53 PM
    A bigger battery would be my pick. Also, having the bluetooth dialog box not appear if you're already connected to a BT device would be greatly appreciated. Every time I enable BT my phone pairs to the device immediately. However, the dialog box still finds it necessary to appear afterwards showing the device I'm currently connected to and other BT devices I've previously paired my phone to.
    06-04-2015 07:56 PM
    Well, the good thing is it looks like Google has addressed the deep sleep situation with M, and bas we on reports from the preview users it seems to be working. Of course I don't expect to see M on my carrier device for 9 months or so.

Really looking forward to Doze and RAM management. Even better battery life and faster performance. Come on, Android Moon Pie.
    06-04-2015 07:59 PM
    Like pretty much everyone has said. better battery.

I dont like the glass back either. A step up from the S3/4 but I would have preferred either metal (iphone/htc one series) or plastic (nokia/moto/nexus series).

And the UI. Michael Wolfson mentioned "moments of delight" on all about android.. Touchwiz just doesnt have enough of those.
    Its functional. It might even be decently fast... but it is just not fun to use .. at least for me.
    It looks a bit boring too..
    Touchwiz bashing is getting old.. I know.. and I cant quite explain what it is.. but its just not that fun to use.
    06-04-2015 08:10 PM
    I dont like the glass back either. A step up from the S3/4 but I would have preferred either metal (iphone/htc one series) or plastic (nokia/moto/nexus series).
    I've mentioned this before and it's just speculation on my part, but I think Samsung went with a glass back to keep wireless charging compatibility. Samsung has tended to have a soft spot for wireless charging. A metal back would have interfered with wireless charging and to please those that demanded a more premium (non-plastic) build quality, they went with glass.
    06-04-2015 08:50 PM
    Mine are:
    1. Larger battery.
    2. Sapphire glass front panel and camera lens.
    3. Back panel made of different materials to make the phone grippy
    4. Able to remove bloat.
    5. Offer a non-touchwiz option, not a Google Play edition, just allow you to choose the theme and launcher

06-04-2015 09:03 PM
    Mine are:
    1. Larger battery.
    2. Sapphire glass front panel and camera lens.
    3. Back panel made of different materials to make the phone grippy
    4. Able to remove bloat.
    5. Offer a non-touchwiz option, not a Google Play edition, just allow you to choose the theme and launcher

As more companies like car and furniture manufacturers and restaurants offer wireless charging, what other material can be substituted to retain this feature built in? It's not a feature that I would change. Removing it is a step backward, IMO.
    06-04-2015 09:14 PM
    My no.1 issue to improve would be the fingerprint sensor.
    After that, software optimisation would be tops. After numerous factory resets, I still get apps that FC (mainly Gapps) and I get random glitches.
    06-04-2015 09:32 PM
    As more companies like car and furniture manufacturers and restaurants offer wireless charging, what other material can be substituted to retain this feature built in? It's not a feature that I would change. Removing it is a step backward, IMO.
    I wouldn't want it to affect wireless charging either. But there are definitely other materials or designs that will provide better grip while keeping wireless charging.

KJ78 likes this.
    06-04-2015 10:21 PM

You mentioned earlier that I "lost you" when I mentioned the use of a polymer back in lieu of glass... that you had had enough of plastic. Well, yes, polymer is generically "plastic", but there are MANY grades of polymers, and as an architect and contractor, I can tell you that there are synthetic materials being made now that are every bit as nice as glass for an application like this ... yet, they are more durable. Changing from glass to some type of polymer/plastic/polycarbonate sheet for the back of the phone could/should be done for durability, and would not sacrifice "premium build quality" ... and it would still allow for wireless charging too.

As honestly as I can say this, I think you'd be surprised how nice it could be.
    DWS44, KJ78 and M Stuart like this.
    06-04-2015 11:35 PM
    You mentioned earlier that I "lost you" when I mentioned the use of a polymer back in lieu of glass... that you had had enough of plastic. Well, yes, polymer is generically "plastic", but there are MANY grades of polymers, and as an architect and contractors, I can tell you that there are synthetic materials being made now that are every bit as nice as glass for an application like this ... yet, they are more durable. Changing from glass to some type of polymer/plastic/polycarbonate sheet for the back of the phone could/should be done for durability, and would not sacrifice "premium build quality" ... and it would still allow for wireless charging too.

As honestly as I can say this, I think you'd be surprised how nice it could be.
    That would also make for a lighter phone, right?

06-04-2015 11:41 PM
113 1234 ...