06-19-2015 11:09 AM
113 12345
tools
    That would also make for a lighter phone, right?

Posted via the Android Central App
    Yes.
    06-04-2015 11:46 PM
    Yes.
    I'm all in on that idea too then.

06-05-2015 12:28 AM
    You mentioned earlier that I "lost you" when I mentioned the use of a polymer back in lieu of glass... that you had had enough of plastic. Well, yes, polymer is generically "plastic", but there are MANY grades of polymers, and as an architect and contractor, I can tell you that there are synthetic materials being made now that are every bit as nice as glass for an application like this ... yet, they are more durable. Changing from glass to some type of polymer/plastic/polycarbonate sheet for the back of the phone could/should be done for durability, and would not sacrifice "premium build quality" ... and it would still allow for wireless charging too.

As honestly as I can say this, I think you'd be surprised how nice it could be.
    I'll defer to your technical expertise. My concern is that the synthetic materials be functional and aesthetically pleasing in terms of retaining the premium look. If a synthetic material is uses, I would still want a sealed chassis.
    06-05-2015 06:40 AM
    I would prefer sealed chassis as well.
    06-05-2015 07:20 AM
    I don't care about the battery. I love the phone's dimensions, having determined I would not want anything bigger. One thing the dimensions have done, as I see it, is create a massive aftermarket of cases that fit without becoming too big. I think if you ran this query among case designers they'd scream NO THICKER. Maybe I'm off, but that's my perception coming from a Razr Maxx HD market that wasn't exactly bustling. Perhaps this flood of options isn't so much the good starting point, rather it's typical for Samsung devices?

That said, front facing speakers would be slick. (But, again, I wouldn't want the footprint to change.)

HTC's theme editor would be cool, but I don't mind checking the store for new, free themes every week, even if they do draw the ire of many forumites.

#1 thing to change, no ifs, ands or buts.... the headset. Awful. Who wears buds like that? Ugh. I could leave 5 sets of headphones laying out and I think these are so bad that the dog would chew only the other 4 cords.
    That's just Samsung. When you actually sell millions of phones, companies will make a ton of cases lol.
    06-05-2015 07:41 AM
    After years of being hammered about the cheap plastic look, Samsung may go all in excluding the card slot and replaceable battery.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-05-2015 09:18 AM
    After years of being hammered about the cheap plastic look, Samsung may go all in excluding the card slot and replaceable battery.

IMHO, the problem with Samsung's older phones and the "cheap plastic look" was a product of the plastic bezel and the thin, flimsy plastic back that you could take on/off. Now that they have gone to a metal bezel and a sealed chassis, that opens the option for a true "sheet" of some sort of high-grade plastic or other synthetic backing that doesn't prohibit wireless charging, but at the same time lends itself to a "premium quality build".

Think of a simple sheet of plexi-glass. There are very high grades of clear plexi, and you can also have them colored. A thin "sheet" of that in lieu of the glass would still be hard, look essentially the same as the glass, look/feel very solid, but be lighter and less prone to damage (breakage). It may scar more easily, but it isn't going to break like glass will.

That's all I'm talking about when saying they should consider something like that for the back of the phone instead of glass.
    06-05-2015 09:54 AM
    IMHO, the problem with Samsung's older phones and the "cheap plastic look" was a product of the plastic bezel and the thin, flimsy plastic back that you could take on/off. Now that they have gone to a metal bezel and a sealed chassis, that opens the option for a true "sheet" of some sort of high-grade plastic or other synthetic backing that doesn't prohibit wireless charging, but at the same time lends itself to a "premium quality build".

Think of a simple sheet of plexi-glass. There are very high grades of clear plexi, and you can also have them colored. A thin "sheet" of that in lieu of the glass would still be hard, look essentially the same as the glass, look/feel very solid, but be lighter and less prone to damage (breakage). It may scar more easily, but it isn't going to break like glass will.

That's all I'm talking about when saying they should consider something like that for the back of the phone instead of glass.
    Not to mention that it's much lighter. Still need a case though.

06-05-2015 10:51 AM
    1) battery stamina mode like sony z series.
    2) better speaker. I like its current location, as I use a wallet case
    3) less clunky notification drop down. Not as smooth as stock lollipop
    4) disable hardware back and recent keys, use swipe/tap gesture instead. The amount of times I accidentally press those.....
    6) buy up a launcher company like Nova or Hola and give TouchWiz a military send off. Maybe license out Cyanogen OS??? A lot better than utilizing an in house attempt nobody cares about a la Tizen.

06-05-2015 11:24 AM
    The few shortcomings that I can come up with I can live with.

That being said, along with better battery life, I would love to see continuous scrolling on the homescreens, & the app drawer.

Also, it befuddles me why when you install a new app, you have to continue hitting the A-Z icon in the app drawer, to organize the new app alphabetically with the rest of your apps. Why is this not done automatically??

clintw22 likes this.
    06-05-2015 11:44 AM
    Definitely battery. Other than that it's a darn good phone. But they went the apple route with thinner>>>battery. Could have really had a beast on their hands, had they gone with a 3000+ mah battery.
    06-05-2015 02:56 PM
    Headphone jack stays on bottom with twin on top. Team up with Bose.

Are you referring to twin Bose speakers? That would be hot but put the speakers on the bottom. That phone jack at the bottom just messes with me. It's like its like a hot girl with stink breath, just not right

Galaxy S6 Gang
    06-05-2015 09:35 PM
    "Reliable fingerprint lock. Mine works about one out of five times"

try redoing the fingerprint. Mine fails 1 in 15 times. works 99% of the time.

1mm thicker, all battery.
    uninstall apps I don't want.
    06-06-2015 12:19 AM

06-06-2015 02:27 AM
    Perfect phone except for battery. Not that they need to stuff a bigger battery in there but do something about the standby time that just kills battery.

06-06-2015 06:55 AM
    Add a cancel button in the stock messaging app so you don't have to hit backspace to clear a message reply that you no longer need to send.

06-08-2015 09:05 AM

1mm thicker, all battery.
    uninstall apps I don't want.
    I've redone the fingerprints so many times and so many ways---I'm just tired of it. No one should have so much trouble getting into a phone. Isn't that the whole point of fingerprints? That it should be easy and fast?
    06-08-2015 11:09 AM
    I've redone the fingerprints so many times and so many ways---I'm just tired of it. No one should have so much trouble getting into a phone. Isn't that the whole point of fingerprints? That it should be easy and fast?
    My S6 fingerprint scanner is definitely easy and fast. You shouldn't have to keep your print on the scanner for more than a second once touched. Could be a bad scanner on your device.
    06-08-2015 11:52 AM
    Have you cleared the cache partition or done a reset?

06-08-2015 12:39 PM
    My S6 fingerprint scanner is definitely easy and fast. You shouldn't have to keep your print on the scanner for more than a second once touched. Could be a bad scanner on your device.

Same here ... with regards to my fingerprint scanner function. The only times I have issues, it's because of how I have laid my finger on the scanner. The scanner itself is fine, and works rather quickly given my ability to put my finger on there properly.

One thing I can tell you is ... pay CLOSE attention to how you input your fingerprint info when setting them up. You need to be fully aware of exactly what part of your finger you're putting on the scanner when having it read your print to store it away. THAT is the part of your finger you will need to place on the scanner when going to unlock the phone.
    deeb215 likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:13 PM
    The glass at the back has nothing to do with wireless charging. My 920 was plastic at the back and has built in wireless charging.

Bigger Battery
    Front facing speakers
    More edge functions

06-08-2015 05:29 PM
    Are you sure you have finger prints?

06-08-2015 06:11 PM
    Are you sure you have finger prints?

Hmmm. Now that you mention, I HAVE been called a witch, and come to think of it, I am a Scorpio. Do you think.....Nah.
    06-08-2015 07:30 PM
    I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem
    Zoostation and deeb215 like this.
    06-08-2015 08:03 PM
    I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem
    Hopefully, we get some upside from Android Moon Pie and Lollipop 5.1.1.

06-08-2015 09:28 PM
113 12345