06-19-2015 11:09 AM
113 ... 2345
tools
    Hopefully, we get some upside from Android Moon Pie and Lollipop 5.1.1.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    I sure hope so. It will be interesting though to see how long they take to come out in Australia xd
    06-08-2015 09:53 PM
    Have you cleared the cache partition or done a reset?

Could you explain how to do that please? It has been factory reset once the first time I couldn't get in, but that was a huge hassle setting it back up. Maybe clearing the cache partition will work? There was a tapping technique described on another thread,, and that seems to work more than just pressing once, but it doesn't always work. When I go in and test the fingerprints, they always work and the correct fingerprints light up, but getting in to the phone is not good.
    06-09-2015 12:58 PM
    Could you explain how to do that please? It has been factory reset once the first time I couldn't get in, but that was a huge hassle setting it back up. Maybe clearing the cache partition will work? There was a tapping technique described on another thread,, and that seems to work more than just pressing once, but it doesn't always work. When I go in and test the fingerprints, they always work and the correct fingerprints light up, but getting in to the phone is not good.
    Turn your device off.

Hold Volume Up+Home+Power at the same time until the screen shows manual mode.

Use the volume rocker to toggle to Clear Cache Partition. Power button to accept.

When done, use the volume rocker to toggle to Reboot. Power to accept.

mistyisland likes this.
    06-09-2015 01:10 PM
    I'd take a bigger battery anyday. Other than that, I'm loving this thing. I'm glad I made the switch.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-10-2015 10:22 AM
    Samsung really need to sort out their battery drain in standby...
    06-10-2015 10:52 AM
    Samsung really need to sort out their battery drain in standby...
    In the US anyway, hoping this and RAM management are addressed in 5.1.1 later this month and/or Android Moon Pie.

06-10-2015 10:58 AM
    In the US anyway, hoping this and RAM management are addressed in 5.1.1 later this month and/or Android Moon Pie.

It's unbelievable when I wake up after 8 hours and my Samsung has gone down around 10-20% of battery while my iPhone is at 99% lol
    06-10-2015 11:00 AM

It would be nice if they would push that out to us. .
    06-10-2015 11:34 AM
    It would be nice if they would push that out to us. .
    Who knows when it's ever coming out in Australia xd. Next year perhaps ๐Ÿ˜‚
    06-10-2015 11:36 AM
    Who knows when it's ever coming out in Australia xd. Next year perhaps ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Don't lose hope just yet.

06-10-2015 11:45 AM
    Don't lose hope just yet.

I won't. I just know Australia's record with Android updates which is one of the main reasons I got a six plus xd
    06-10-2015 11:51 AM
    BIGGEST problem with the Galaxy S6 is the Lollipop 5.*.* software. I follow the Android Developers forum and it looks as Google has yet to come up with a fix for the battery drain issues and the memory leak issues that plague every type of smart phone out regardless of carrier or manufacture. The issues are still present in the pure android 5.1.1 release and are being reported by many NEXUS users as well as others who have received the latest 5.1 and 5.1.1 updates either via OTA or Mod version.

I wont be surprised to see Google scrap further Lollipop updates and move straight to Android M push outs if these issues can't get resolved.
    06-10-2015 12:11 PM
    I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem
    You lucky SOB!!

06-10-2015 06:19 PM
    BIGGEST problem with the Galaxy S6 is the Lollipop 5.*.* software. I follow the Android Developers forum and it looks as Google has yet to come up with a fix for the battery drain issues and the memory leak issues that plague every type of smart phone out regardless of carrier or manufacture. The issues are still present in the pure android 5.1.1 release and are being reported by many NEXUS users as well as others who have received the latest 5.1 and 5.1.1 updates either via OTA or Mod version.

I wont be surprised to see Google scrap further Lollipop updates and move straight to Android M push outs if these issues can't get resolved.
    I agree! Google needs to get their crap together.

06-10-2015 06:22 PM
    Larger screen would have been nice. It's on that threshold of being too small. 5.5 would have been ideal.
    06-10-2015 06:23 PM
    You lucky SOB!!

Try turning off 3g and only using 4g or Wi-Fi. Especially only 4g. I find the phone drains more on Wi-Fi coverage than on 4g. This was my battery life today
    Attached Thumbnails How would you change the Galaxy S6?-1433979405709.jpg ย 
    06-10-2015 06:36 PM
    Bigger battery and an SD card and I would not hesitate buying it to upgrade from S5

06-10-2015 07:10 PM
    Bigger battery and an SD card and I would not hesitate buying it to upgrade from S5

Bigger battery is likely but not the card slot.
    06-10-2015 07:23 PM
    Is the Ram issue fixable with root?

I have never needed to root my phone before, but if 5.1 doesn't address the Ram issue I may have to.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-10-2015 07:33 PM
    Is the Ram issue fixable with root?

I have never needed to root my phone before, but if 5.1 doesn't address the Ram issue I may have to.

Pretty confident about 5.1.1 will help and Android Moon Pie will take it another notch. I would wait to root unless you really have an itch that can't be scratched. As always, if you've never done rooting, you could end up with a very expensive brick.
    06-10-2015 07:46 PM
    Pretty confident about 5.1.1 will help and Android Moon Pie will take it another notch. I would wait to root unless you really have an itch that can't be scratched. As always, if you've never done rooting, you could end up with a very expensive brick.
    Just had a peak over at XDA and they seem to have just figured out the RAM issue, several members can now use multi tasking without the apps refreshing.

Im going to try be patient until 5.1

06-10-2015 08:00 PM
    Just had a peak over at XDA and they seem to have just figured out the RAM issue, several members can now use multi tasking without the apps refreshing.

Im going to try be patient until 5.1

Heard about it this morning. I am risk averse and not very tech savvy so I plan on waiting as similar changes should be included in upcoming updates.
    06-10-2015 08:09 PM
    The auto flash on the camera seems to be subpar. In lighting my S3, S4 or S5 would have enabled the flash, I'm getting nothing. Lower to medium light pictures are pretty much useless looking in my opinion. I also am annoyed touch and shoot is gone on the camera. I just got the S6 today, so no opinion on battery life just yet.
    06-10-2015 09:53 PM
    The auto flash on the camera seems to be subpar. In lighting my S3, S4 or S5 would have enabled the flash, I'm getting nothing. Lower to medium light pictures are pretty much useless looking in my opinion. I also am annoyed touch and shoot is gone on the camera. I just got the S6 today, so no opinion on battery life just yet.
    I am having the same problem with auto flash. Last night I was in a room with no lights on and auto flash didn't even enable
    DougC42182 likes this.
    06-10-2015 10:01 PM
    I am having the same problem with auto flash. Last night I was in a room with no lights on and auto flash didn't even enable
    Well at least it's not just me!
    06-10-2015 10:09 PM
113 ... 2345