How would you change the Galaxy S6?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Definitely battery. Other than that it's a darn good phone. But they went the apple route with thinner>>>battery. Could have really had a beast on their hands, had they gone with a 3000+ mah battery.

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Headphone jack stays on bottom with twin on top. Team up with Bose.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Are you referring to twin Bose speakers? That would be hot but put the speakers on the bottom. That phone jack at the bottom just messes with me. It's like its like a hot girl with stink breath, just not right

Galaxy S6 Gang

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
"Reliable fingerprint lock. Mine works about one out of five times"

try redoing the fingerprint. Mine fails 1 in 15 times. works 99% of the time.

1mm thicker, all battery.
uninstall apps I don't want.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Perfect phone except for battery. Not that they need to stuff a bigger battery in there but do something about the standby time that just kills battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Add a cancel button in the stock messaging app so you don't have to hit backspace to clear a message reply that you no longer need to send.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
"Reliable fingerprint lock. Mine works about one out of five times"

try redoing the fingerprint. Mine fails 1 in 15 times. works 99% of the time.

1mm thicker, all battery.
uninstall apps I don't want.

I've redone the fingerprints so many times and so many ways---I'm just tired of it. No one should have so much trouble getting into a phone. Isn't that the whole point of fingerprints? That it should be easy and fast?

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
I've redone the fingerprints so many times and so many ways---I'm just tired of it. No one should have so much trouble getting into a phone. Isn't that the whole point of fingerprints? That it should be easy and fast?

My S6 fingerprint scanner is definitely easy and fast. You shouldn't have to keep your print on the scanner for more than a second once touched. Could be a bad scanner on your device.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Have you cleared the cache partition or done a reset?

Wiggum333

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
My S6 fingerprint scanner is definitely easy and fast. You shouldn't have to keep your print on the scanner for more than a second once touched. Could be a bad scanner on your device.

Same here ... with regards to my fingerprint scanner function. The only times I have issues, it's because of how I have laid my finger on the scanner. The scanner itself is fine, and works rather quickly given my ability to put my finger on there properly.

One thing I can tell you is ... pay CLOSE attention to how you input your fingerprint info when setting them up. You need to be fully aware of exactly what part of your finger you're putting on the scanner when having it read your print to store it away. THAT is the part of your finger you will need to place on the scanner when going to unlock the phone.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
The glass at the back has nothing to do with wireless charging. My 920 was plastic at the back and has built in wireless charging.

Bigger Battery
Front facing speakers
More edge functions

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure you have finger prints? ;)

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem

Hopefully, we get some upside from Android Moon Pie and Lollipop 5.1.1.

mistyisland

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you cleared the cache partition or done a reset?

Could you explain how to do that please? It has been factory reset once the first time I couldn't get in, but that was a huge hassle setting it back up. Maybe clearing the cache partition will work? There was a tapping technique described on another thread,, and that seems to work more than just pressing once, but it doesn't always work. When I go in and test the fingerprints, they always work and the correct fingerprints light up, but getting in to the phone is not good.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Could you explain how to do that please? It has been factory reset once the first time I couldn't get in, but that was a huge hassle setting it back up. Maybe clearing the cache partition will work? There was a tapping technique described on another thread,, and that seems to work more than just pressing once, but it doesn't always work. When I go in and test the fingerprints, they always work and the correct fingerprints light up, but getting in to the phone is not good.

Turn your device off.

Hold Volume Up+Home+Power at the same time until the screen shows manual mode.

Use the volume rocker to toggle to Clear Cache Partition. Power button to accept.

When done, use the volume rocker to toggle to Reboot. Power to accept.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance