How would you change the Galaxy S6?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
In the US anyway, hoping this and RAM management are addressed in 5.1.1 later this month and/or Android Moon Pie.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

It's unbelievable when I wake up after 8 hours and my Samsung has gone down around 10-20% of battery while my iPhone is at 99% lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
In the US anyway, hoping this and RAM management are addressed in 5.1.1 later this month and/or Android Moon Pie.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

It would be nice if they would push that out to us. :(.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
BIGGEST problem with the Galaxy S6 is the Lollipop 5.*.* software. I follow the Android Developers forum and it looks as Google has yet to come up with a fix for the battery drain issues and the memory leak issues that plague every type of smart phone out regardless of carrier or manufacture. The issues are still present in the pure android 5.1.1 release and are being reported by many NEXUS users as well as others who have received the latest 5.1 and 5.1.1 updates either via OTA or Mod version.

I wont be surprised to see Google scrap further Lollipop updates and move straight to Android M push outs if these issues can't get resolved.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I take back what I said about the battery life. Since discovering that it was 3g that was draining my battery I got over 19 hours off the charger yesterday with close to 6.5 hours of Sot. So while I don't necessarily think it needs a bigger battery it DOES need better software managememt. Standby drainage is terrible. So is google services drain usage but that's a google not Samsung problem

You lucky SOB!! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
BIGGEST problem with the Galaxy S6 is the Lollipop 5.*.* software. I follow the Android Developers forum and it looks as Google has yet to come up with a fix for the battery drain issues and the memory leak issues that plague every type of smart phone out regardless of carrier or manufacture. The issues are still present in the pure android 5.1.1 release and are being reported by many NEXUS users as well as others who have received the latest 5.1 and 5.1.1 updates either via OTA or Mod version.

I wont be surprised to see Google scrap further Lollipop updates and move straight to Android M push outs if these issues can't get resolved.

I agree! Google needs to get their crap together.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Is the Ram issue fixable with root?

I have never needed to root my phone before, but if 5.1 doesn't address the Ram issue I may have to.

dreaming of electric sheep

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the Ram issue fixable with root?

I have never needed to root my phone before, but if 5.1 doesn't address the Ram issue I may have to.

Pretty confident about 5.1.1 will help and Android Moon Pie will take it another notch. I would wait to root unless you really have an itch that can't be scratched. As always, if you've never done rooting, you could end up with a very expensive brick.

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Pretty confident about 5.1.1 will help and Android Moon Pie will take it another notch. I would wait to root unless you really have an itch that can't be scratched. As always, if you've never done rooting, you could end up with a very expensive brick.

Just had a peak over at XDA and they seem to have just figured out the RAM issue, several members can now use multi tasking without the apps refreshing.

Im going to try be patient until 5.1

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just had a peak over at XDA and they seem to have just figured out the RAM issue, several members can now use multi tasking without the apps refreshing.

Im going to try be patient until 5.1

Heard about it this morning. I am risk averse and not very tech savvy so I plan on waiting as similar changes should be included in upcoming updates.

DougC42182

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
The auto flash on the camera seems to be subpar. In lighting my S3, S4 or S5 would have enabled the flash, I'm getting nothing. Lower to medium light pictures are pretty much useless looking in my opinion. I also am annoyed touch and shoot is gone on the camera. I just got the S6 today, so no opinion on battery life just yet.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
The auto flash on the camera seems to be subpar. In lighting my S3, S4 or S5 would have enabled the flash, I'm getting nothing. Lower to medium light pictures are pretty much useless looking in my opinion. I also am annoyed touch and shoot is gone on the camera. I just got the S6 today, so no opinion on battery life just yet.

I am having the same problem with auto flash. Last night I was in a room with no lights on and auto flash didn't even enable

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana