I am experiencing incredible battery drain on my s6. I decided to try and clear the cache partition to see if it would help but when I turned the phone off and held the power button, volume up and home screen buttons it vibrated once but then continued loading the phone and didnt enter the mode to clear the partition. Im so confused
    06-04-2015 05:38 PM
    You need to hold it until you see "Recovery Booting..." in the top left corner. Then you can let it go. Otherwise, it will boot normally
    06-04-2015 05:40 PM
    You need to hold it until you see "Recovery Booting..." in the top left corner. Then you can let it go. Otherwise, it will boot normally
    I held it the entire time even when the phone had finished booting to its normal home screen
    06-04-2015 05:51 PM
    Don't hit the power button until the other two are pressed, hold until you see the blue android screen. I let go then did it again at that screen. Next screen will be android with exclamation over it. Carry on from there

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    06-04-2015 06:08 PM
    Don't hit the power button until the other two are pressed, hold until you see the blue android screen. I let go then did it again at that screen. Next screen will be android with exclamation over it. Carry on from there

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    I'm telling you it's not working. Do I need to enable something in the settings to see it?

It vibrated but did NOT enter into the blue android screen and instead booted like normal
    06-05-2015 03:30 PM
    I held it the entire time even when the phone had finished booting to its normal home screen
    You are holding it too long. Let go once you see your carrier boot logo or once you see that thing in the top left corner. Do not hold it the entire time, that will not work for you.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    06-05-2015 04:40 PM
    You are holding it too long. Let go once you see your carrier boot logo or once you see that thing in the top left corner. Do not hold it the entire time, that will not work for you.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    The carrier logo appears before the Samsung logo?
    06-05-2015 06:47 PM
    The carrier logo appears before the Samsung logo?
    I'm sorry, haven't done it in a while. My mistake.

Let go of the buttons the moment you see the screen day "Samsung Galaxy S6 and Android at the bottom", we'll before the carriers logo. Once you see this, let go of the buttons and you'll get the Android mascot. Then he will look dead. Then you'll get what you want.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-05-2015 08:34 PM
    Will you lose data clearing the cache or have to reinstall apps? Curious about the process and what benefits come with clearing? I'm new and never did that before. Thanks
    06-06-2015 06:47 AM
    Will you lose data clearing the cache or have to reinstall apps? Curious about the process and what benefits come with clearing? I'm new and never did that before. Thanks
    No, clears out old junk cookies and such. Its like defraging your computer.
    06-06-2015 07:01 AM
    No, clears out old junk cookies and such. Its like defraging your computer.
    Exactly. I personally only do this if I have an issue with something. Others may also want to do this after a major Android update as this will fix 90%of issues before trying a factory reset.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-06-2015 07:38 AM
    I am experiencing incredible battery drain on my s6. I decided to try and clear the cache partition to see if it would help but when I turned the phone off and held the power button, volume up and home screen buttons it vibrated once but then continued loading the phone and didnt enter the mode to clear the partition. Im so confused
    This is what works for me. I have the S6 edge.

I turn the phone off.

Hold Volume up, home, then hold power button. I keep ahold of all three until the Galaxy S6 Edge screen pops up, then I just let go of the power button.

Then a light blue screen pops up with a pic of the android guy pops up and I let go of Volume up and home. After a short time the pic changes to him on his back then the chart appears where I can use volume down to get to wipe cache. then I hit power button.

If that doesn't work, then either you have either a faulty home button, or volume up button, cause if you hold all three until the Galaxy S6 logo or S6 edge logo comes up depending on which you have, it should go to the light blue screen.

Funny thing is when I do it, I never get a vibration when I boot the phone into recovery mode, I know the S4 and S5 both did, but my S6 edge only vibrates when I shut it off or reboot.
    06-06-2015 01:21 PM
    My phone still will not allow me to do it. When I hold the down button with the home and power button it will go to the change the OS menu but when I press the volume up button with the home button and power button it will act as though I have pressed no buttons and keep loading the phone as normal
    06-11-2015 04:46 AM
    My phone still will not allow me to do it. When I hold the down button with the home and power button it will go to the change the OS menu but when I press the volume up button with the home button and power button it will act as though I have pressed no buttons and keep loading the phone as normal
    Try holding the volume up first, not letting go. Then the volume up and not letting go. Then the power. Granted this all happens quickly. Hold the button combination until manual mode. Keep trying. I know it might seem a bit frustrating as we know you have been. You'll get there.
    06-11-2015 06:39 AM
    Try holding the volume up first, not letting go. Then the volume up and not letting go. Then the power. Granted this all happens quickly. Hold the button combination until manual mode. Keep trying. I know it might seem a bit frustrating as we know you have been. You'll get there.
    I'm telling you it doesn't work
    06-11-2015 11:11 AM
    I'm telling you it doesn't work
    Take it into a store like Best Buy and get them to try? I'd do it for you but a trip to Australia is not exactly cheap.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-11-2015 11:26 AM
    Take it into a store like Best Buy and get them to try? I'd do it for you but a trip to Australia is not exactly cheap.

Which part of it doesnt work aren't you understanding? The same way I am trying now used to work for me previously. I have read a lot of other reports of people that have had similar issues with their android phones. I would replace the phone but don't think this is a big enough issue to need to replace it. Especially considering other people in Australia are getting 3-4 hours of screen on time and I'm managing on average 6 and a half hours per charge. It's just frustrating
    06-11-2015 11:37 AM
    Which part of it doesnt work aren't you understanding? The same way I am trying now used to work for me previously. I have read a lot of other reports of people that have had similar issues with their android phones. I would replace the phone but don't think this is a big enough issue to need to replace it. Especially considering other people in Australia are getting 3-4 hours of screen on time and I'm managing on average 6 and a half hours per charge. It's just frustrating
    Factory reset already been tried. Then, I got nothing other than a warranty return.

06-11-2015 01:15 PM
    Factory reset already been tried. Then, I got nothing other than a warranty return.

I haven't tried a factory reset yet but I might do so soon if it still won't work
    06-11-2015 01:37 PM
    I found a fix which seemed to work on the forum. It was to hold the home button down and then press the power and left button down simultaneously while the home button is already down. When you see the Samsung screen release the volume up and power button but keep holding down the home button. It entered recovery mode but showed the android sign with the blue screen and a yellow exclamation mark?
    06-11-2015 01:49 PM
    Just download CCleaner from Google app store and run it, it's free. It will clean out your memory cashe, app cashe, system cashe, log files, remove empty folders, clear out downloaded files, free up memory and storage. I work in I.T and been using CCleaner for desktops for years and it's one of the best out there. It's worth a install....
    drone3 likes this.
    06-11-2015 02:54 PM
    Just download CCleaner from Google app store and run it, it's free. It will clean out your memory cashe, app cashe, system cashe, log files, remove empty folders, clear out downloaded files, free up memory and storage. I work in I.T and been using CCleaner for desktops for years and it's one of the best out there. It's worth a install....
    Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'm downloding it now
    06-11-2015 03:40 PM