Which Is Better?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
This has been my battery life so far today doing almost exactly the same thing as I was doing yesterday. It goes from giving me a four hour battery life to this.

To the person asking me why I posted this in a Samsung thread. I have since found out that I am not allowed to change to a different device so now my only options are to switch the device for another s6 or keep this phone for the next twelve months. I just dont understand how the battery life can be such a huge difference in two days. Its weird and it keeps doing this

Attachments

• 1433526348136.jpg
    1433526348136.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 1433526357146.jpg
    1433526357146.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 49

Travo79

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Just an observation, but you had absolutely no phone usage time in your second set of battery stats, where you had an hour and a half on the first. Maybe phone calls are really the culprit burning through your battery?

Posted via the Android Central App

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Just an observation, but you had absolutely no phone usage time in your second set of battery stats, where you had an hour and a half on the first. Maybe phone calls are really the culprit burning through your battery?

I don't think so. Most days I never use the phone call. Here is another example of the battery draining with zero phone call usage.

The battery on this phone is so inconsistent. I'm hoping if I get it replaced this will no longer happen. Its beyond frustrating at this point. The battery doesn't know the definition of consistency. Though I appreciate your suggestion :)

Attachments

• 1433532687690.jpg
    1433532687690.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 48
  • 1433532792654.jpg
    1433532792654.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 48

jjfinazzo

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Wow, that's a lot. I'm dropping maybe 5% an hour. Sounds like a bad phone. Are you going in and our of signal areas? Searching for the carrier will kill my battery at rates you're seeing.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so. Most days I never use the phone call. Here is another example of the battery draining with zero phone call usage.

The battery on this phone is so inconsistent. I'm hoping if I get it replaced this will no longer happen. Its beyond frustrating at this point. The battery doesn't know the definition of consistency. Though I appreciate your suggestion :)

I'm confused. These two screen grabs are not from the same time. It looks like you are using the phone nonstop in some of your screen shots in this thread, then complaining that the phone isn't lasting long. Are you using it nonstop once you take it off the charger?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I bet we will sooner or later .... just waiting on first getting to root and then for sense to be ready for 2.0

You seriously don't get what I posted AT ALL. I know that the screen shots I posted were at different times -_- I was showing how one day my battery drains at 20% per hour and the following day at 5% per hour with zero consistency. I thought that point of my posts was obvious

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that's a lot. I'm dropping maybe 5% an hour. Sounds like a bad phone. Are you going in and our of signal areas? Searching for the carrier will kill my battery at rates you're seeing.

I have full 4g coverage so I don't think it is the signal. It is ridiculous to me that a phone drains at 20% per hour one day and 6% per hour the following day doing the exact same thing. There has never been consistency in this battery

thoots

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
Well, hang on a dang minute!!

In the first screen grab, you've been talking on the phone for an hour and a half, and you've had the screen "on" for two hours -- correct? Well, that's some of the heaviest use I have ever seen in my entire life!! Heck yes, you should be burning through your battery with that.

Then, in your second screen grab, you've had your screen "on" for ALMOST THREE HOURS -- two hours and 43 minutes???????? What on Earth are you doing with your screen on for hours and hours and hours and hours all day long?? Once again, that should burn through your battery like there's no tomorrow.

Then, in your third screen grab, you haven't been on the phone at all, and your screen was "on" only 43 minutes. But, on the other hand, you still had the screen "on" almost all of the time -- the measurement was for only 46 minutes. Again, what are you doing with your screen "on" all the time???

All I can tell you is that having your screen "on" most of the time is going to eat tons of battery life. Talking on the phone for hours is going to eat tons of battery life. If you truly have been keeping your screen on "almost all of the time" like this, and if you truly have been talking on the phone as long as it showed that one time, then you are USING YOUR PHONE, and that's what will use up its battery life. As opposed to, say, just having it sit on your desk or wherever, with the screen off, and perhaps just checking for e-mail every now and then.

If you truly have been using your screen the lengths of time that your screen grabs have shown, YOU DON'T HAVE A BATTERY LIFE PROBLEM. Same goes for talking on the thing for a couple of hours. You are USING THE PHONE, which simply uses battery life. But, if you HAVE NOT been keeping the screen on for the kinds of hours shown in your screen grabs, then you would have a problem. In the end, NOTHING is going to give you appreciably better battery life, if you're going to keep your screen "on" for hours like that. The best you could do would be to find the phone with the largest battery available, whatever it might be.

For whatever it might be worth, that's sure how I see things. I'm happy with my S6's battery life, but I'm mostly worried about "battery drain overnight" and such stuff -- if it's burning through the battery when it's just sitting there doing virtually nothing. And I sure don't have any problem like that with my S6. But it sure looks like you are HEAVILY using your phone -- almost CONSTANTLY using it. And yes, that will burn through battery life. Again, if you're going to be constantly using a phone like that, then you don't want something like the S6 with a rather smallish battery -- you want to hunt down the biggest battery in the entire industry.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I have full 4g coverage so I don't think it is the signal. It is ridiculous to me that a phone drains at 20% per hour one day and 6% per hour the following day doing the exact same thing. There has never been consistency in this battery

That sucks for you, while my S6 battery isn't the greatest it's been definitely very consistent in terms of usage and idle time. I have used the note 4 and have a G3 for work, based on those two scenarios it's a tough call but I'd likely chose the G4 mainly due to easier single hand usability. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

NadaAddict

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth, wifi, GPS, and mobile data on 24/7. I stream music 45 minutes each way to and from work, read the news, text, and check email every hour or so, and my phone goes from 0800-0130 on a single charge, every day.

Posted via Android Central App

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site

That readout shows your screen was on for 43 of the 46 minutes off charger. That much SOT will guzzle the battery on any phone.

Edit: all your screenshots point to user habits guzzling the battery, not a defective phone.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
People are seriously missing the point of what I'm saying. Yes I have the screen on for long periods of time but some days my phone is going through 20% per hour and other days 6% per hour doing the EXACT SAME THING.

forget it. I won't bother posting on this thread again

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
People are seriously missing the point of what I'm saying. Yes I have the screen on for long periods of time but some days my phone is going through 20% per hour and other days 6% per hour doing the EXACT SAME THING.

Could it be your network? Your initial posts make reference to having both the GS6 and i6+ in relation to work on your network.

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site

None of your posts show you doing the exact same thing. They all show varied heavy usage which equals varied levels of battery drop. That's the point we are trying to make.

Sorry you can't see what's right in front of you.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

When you experience the most drain, are those areas where signal strength is weak?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site

It would be easier for guys to pick up what you're saying if the screenshots reflected that. (Identical usage, different drain rates).

So, that out of the way. Going back to a 3g 4g thing I read a few posts back... My experience on CDMA is that 3g will absolutely eat up battery at a much higher rate than 4g.

Shopping advice:
There are usually "core" items that folks identify as being critical in their consideration for their next device. Some have radio performance high, some camera, some screen, some storage, some aesthetics and so on. Based on what we see of your usage, I would think that battery ascends to being your #1 consideration. With that in mind, and based on what I've read so far on the G4, you probably should scratch that off your list. Is there a Droid Turbo equivalent on your network?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It would be easier for guys to pick up what you're saying if the screenshots reflected that. (Identical usage, different drain rates).

So, that out of the way. Going back to a 3g 4g thing I read a few posts back... My experience on CDMA is that 3g will absolutely eat up battery at a much higher rate than 4g.

Shopping advice:
There are usually "core" items that folks identify as being critical in their consideration for their next device. Some have radio performance high, some camera, some screen, some storage, some aesthetics and so on. Based on what we see of your usage, I would think that battery ascends to being your #1 consideration. With that in mind, and based on what I've read so far on the G4, you probably should scratch that off your list. Is there a Droid Turbo equivalent on your network?

He has an i6+

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I just wanted to post to say that the issue I have been experiencing with battery life have pretty much evaporated since I switched my phone from 3g to 4g coverage. I have been EXTREMELY impressed. Yesterday I got 5 hours of sot with 12 hours per charge. Can someone please explain to me why 3g drains the battery like there is no tomorrow and 4g is like a different phone with how much better the battery is? I would have thought that with how much faster 4g is it would drain the battery a lot quicker but with how much better the phone battery is on 4g I now see no reason to take it back