06-07-2015 08:33 AM
41 12
tools
    I have finally had enough of the battery drain on my samsung galaxy s6. I lose about 20% every hour. I got off the phone with my phone company and they said I have a new phone feeling and can replace my phone in the first month. Im tossing between the galaxy note 4 and the LG phone. Battery life is very important to me. So is a good camera. Does the S pen have to be used with the note 4?

Any advice would be appreciated
    06-04-2015 06:29 PM
    There's some well unbiased posts in the 'Phone Wars' section of these forums.
    Because of the S6, and Verizon still not dropping the price on the Note4, I bit the discount bait that's currently running on the N6 (Nexus 6)
    I hope to have it next week.
    06-04-2015 06:33 PM
    Regarding the S-Pen, you don't have to use it for anything.
    I very rarely use it with my Note2.
    06-04-2015 06:35 PM
    Get the LG G4 if possible, it's a very good all round phone. It's best to get the most current phone so the phone has longer value and you will receive more updates.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-04-2015 06:38 PM
    I am terrified of it not being the case of me being able to change phones and me getting another s6 with this same battery drain issue.

My phone has gone from 100-50% in two hours and 19 minutes...
    06-04-2015 06:49 PM
    I have finally had enough of the battery drain on my samsung galaxy s6. I lose about 20% every hour. I got off the phone with my phone company and they said I have a new phone feeling and can replace my phone in the first month. Im tossing between the galaxy note 4 and the LG phone. Battery life is very important to me. So is a good camera. Does the S pen have to be used with the note 4?

Any advice would be appreciated
    20% an hour sounds like a defective phone unless you have everything on and screen brightness set all the way up
    06-04-2015 06:56 PM
    20% an hour sounds like a defective phone unless you have everything on and screen brightness set all the way up
    I have everything off and auto brightness switched off and at the lowest brightness setting. All notifications are switched off too
    06-04-2015 07:05 PM
    I have everything off and auto brightness switched off and at the lowest brightness setting. All notifications are switched off too
    You might have an app that's chugging down juice. Go into your app manager and see what's running. Kill all apps that you don't use and see what that does.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2015 07:13 PM
    That's way too much battery drain. It's still under warranty. If you work with your carrier, you may be able to get a device that doesn't suffer so much drain. G4 is a good alternative but the size doesn't appeal to me as well as the performance and materials. While useful to some, the card slot and swappable battery are of no use to me. The G4 is an incremental move that would cause me to pass on it if I had the G3.
    06-04-2015 07:24 PM
    That's way too much battery drain. It's still under warranty. If you work with your carrier, you may be able to get a device that doesn't suffer so much drain. G4 is a good alternative but the size doesn't appeal to me as well as the performance and materials. While useful to some, the card slot and swappable battery are of no use to me. The G4 is an incremental move that would cause me to pass on it if I had the G3.
    I am going into my local telstra store next week but this is my current battery life
    Attached Thumbnails Which Is Better?-1433466956522.jpg  
    06-04-2015 08:16 PM
    I am going into my local telstra store next week but this is my current battery life
    I'm on Telstra, those are very similar battery results to mine, actually yours are better. I have done so many tweaks, but I'm still trying to figure out why this battery is not lasting. I have no doubt that this is a software issue, I think it relates to the Australian firmware.

06-04-2015 08:23 PM
    So you've got 2 hours of screen on time and used 57% battery? That's on the lower end of what I've seen...but also why you are draining so fast. Also a good bit of talk time it looks like.

4-5 hours screen on time is about as good as it gets on a full charge.

Edit: your app usage is way up there too. That battery report makes it look like you are constantly using the phone in one way or another.

06-04-2015 08:23 PM
    You may want to take gator352 advice about apps.
    06-04-2015 08:24 PM
    Any other Australian S6 users out there? Is anyone getting over 3.5 hours SOT?

Edit - I'm starting another thread for the Aussies

06-04-2015 08:28 PM
    Lol high app usage. The only app that was in the top five was chrome. I even uninstalled facebook and Facebook Messenger wondering if it would improve battery life. It did nothing
    06-05-2015 03:27 AM
    You have defo got a defective unit. Mine usually uses between 1.5 - 2% in battery life per hour if its on standby. I only have location turned off and brightness is at around 25% when indoors. Everything else is on.

06-05-2015 03:35 AM
    Lol high app usage. The only app that was in the top five was chrome. I even uninstalled facebook and Facebook Messenger wondering if it would improve battery life. It did nothing
    Do you not see the app usage line showing 29%? That screams an app in the background acting up to me.

Edit: and if you're just looking for information about two phones that aren't S6's rather than help with the S6, wouldn't those be the forums to post in?

06-05-2015 03:38 AM
    IMO If you are not an S pen user then go straight for the G4 which has better camera definitely. I think the note 4 advantage is the stylus pen so why have it if u r not using it. Plus it is bigger and slimmer. Or just wait until september....Note 5 is coming.
    The whole smartphone landscape will change a lot before the of the year so if you have the time just wait....

06-05-2015 04:10 AM
    For some reason my battery life has been a bit better today over 4g instead of 3g. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

The battery on this thing is so weird and so inconsistent
    06-05-2015 12:30 PM
    IMO If you are not an S pen user then go straight for the G4 which has better camera definitely. I think the note 4 advantage is the stylus pen so why have it if u r not using it. Plus it is bigger and slimmer. Or just wait until september....Note 5 is coming.
    The whole smartphone landscape will change a lot before the of the year so if you have the time just wait....

There's more to the Note4 than the S Pen. That and everything else about it is perfect.

I get about 2 days battery with moderate use and about 4 on the rare occasions I hardly touch the thing. And I don't fiddle with any settings to get that.

Posted via a kicking Note4 on Lollipop.
    06-05-2015 12:45 PM
    This has been my battery life so far today doing almost exactly the same thing as I was doing yesterday. It goes from giving me a four hour battery life to this.

To the person asking me why I posted this in a Samsung thread. I have since found out that I am not allowed to change to a different device so now my only options are to switch the device for another s6 or keep this phone for the next twelve months. I just dont understand how the battery life can be such a huge difference in two days. Its weird and it keeps doing this
    Attached Thumbnails Which Is Better?-1433526348136.jpg   Which Is Better?-1433526357146.jpg  
    06-05-2015 12:46 PM
    Just an observation, but you had absolutely no phone usage time in your second set of battery stats, where you had an hour and a half on the first. Maybe phone calls are really the culprit burning through your battery?

06-05-2015 01:49 PM
    Just an observation, but you had absolutely no phone usage time in your second set of battery stats, where you had an hour and a half on the first. Maybe phone calls are really the culprit burning through your battery?

I don't think so. Most days I never use the phone call. Here is another example of the battery draining with zero phone call usage.

The battery on this phone is so inconsistent. I'm hoping if I get it replaced this will no longer happen. Its beyond frustrating at this point. The battery doesn't know the definition of consistency. Though I appreciate your suggestion
    Attached Thumbnails Which Is Better?-1433532687690.jpg   Which Is Better?-1433532792654.jpg  
    06-05-2015 02:33 PM
    Between this inconsistent battery and the clearing cache partition no longer working FML
    06-05-2015 03:39 PM
    Wow, that's a lot. I'm dropping maybe 5% an hour. Sounds like a bad phone. Are you going in and our of signal areas? Searching for the carrier will kill my battery at rates you're seeing.
    06-05-2015 03:51 PM
41 12