07-18-2015 01:32 AM
62 123
tools
    On my zenfone 2 I only have history like my S6. Just saying that.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    06-05-2015 04:44 PM
    On my zenfone 2 I only have history like my S6. Just saying that.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    I spoke too soon, as it just received a Google Play service update and there it went the separate Location History and Reporting and immediately I could see the Location Icon in my Notification bar ALL the time, meaning, draining my battery at a huge speed.
    06-05-2015 04:49 PM
    Where can I disable Google Now? I am not sure where to look?

Posted via the Android Central App
    In Google settings app.
    https://support.google.com/websearch.../2824784?hl=en
    06-05-2015 10:30 PM
    I can't really show you cause I'm at 100 percent is what I'm saying and I just don't think you should have to follow tips. Most people who buy this phone won't be like us and go to these sites and do all this. Just feel out of the box the battery should be better. .....here is stats but does show anything at the moment

Yes, there are adjustments you will have to make and it isn't just to Samsung. This is Android, not iOS and everything isn't set up by default in Android, because most of us don't want that, hence the reason we are using Android.
    06-06-2015 07:05 PM
    It's possible that you got a lemon battery. Is your warranty still valid?
    06-06-2015 07:23 PM
    It's possible that you got a lemon battery. Is your warranty still valid?
    Samsung warranty is one year?
    06-06-2015 09:54 PM
    You said that you have your phone on Wi-Fi. I have found that when I use Wi-Fi it drains my battery like there is no tomorrow often going through 2% every five minutes. I quickly decided not to use Wi-Fi as much as I could avoid it
    06-07-2015 08:43 AM
    You said that you have your phone on Wi-Fi. I have found that when I use Wi-Fi it drains my battery like there is no tomorrow often going through 2% every five minutes.
    Not normal...I have my phone on wifi 100% at home, and for example this weekend my battery is off charge for 1 day 10 hours, 3:04 mins SOT and 22% remaining.

06-07-2015 08:54 AM
    Not normal...I have my phone on wifi 100% at home, and for example this weekend my battery is off charge for 1 day 10 hours, 3:04 mins SOT and 22% remaining.

I'm starting to get close to six hours of screen on time using 4g
    06-07-2015 09:02 AM
    That's amazing, I can't say I think I'd reach that and too scared to try as my wife and I only share 2gb of data. If you got unlimited I'd stick with using your data connection.

06-07-2015 09:09 AM
    One of the first things I posted back in april was that it seems that for some people been connected to a 5ghz wifi router was causing huge drains, once they switched to 2.4ghz connections, everything went back to normal, have you tried that?
    06-07-2015 09:13 AM
    That's amazing, I can't say I think I'd reach that and too scared to try as my wife and I only share 2gb of data. If you got unlimited I'd stick with using your data connection.

The weird thing is this phone sucks up so little data. Yesterday I was at 43% of my monthly data allowance. Today it's 45%
    06-07-2015 09:16 AM
    One of the first things I posted back in april was that it seems that for some people been connected to a 5ghz wifi router was causing huge drains, once they switched to 2.4ghz connections, everything went back to normal, have you tried that?
    Would I find the setting for that on my Wi-Fi device or on my phone?
    06-07-2015 09:16 AM
    Would I find the setting for that on my Wi-Fi device or on my phone?
    You can see it in both, but I think it's easier to just login to your Wifi router and look for the wifi connections and try to disable the 5ghz connection, if it works better with the 2.4ghz, great, if not you can simply go back and re-enable it.

If you want to see which one you are currently using, just go to Wifi settings and click in your connection, it will give you a summary of it, and it should show your the frequency.

Obviously, the above is assuming you have already turned off Smart network and Scanning Always available in Wifi settings, and if you have the Wifi calling option to be sure to turn it off until you really need it.
    06-07-2015 09:25 AM
    You said that you have your phone on Wi-Fi. I have found that when I use Wi-Fi it drains my battery like there is no tomorrow often going through 2% every five minutes. I quickly decided not to use Wi-Fi as much as I could avoid it
    I think it's more an LP issue than Samsung, but it's amazing how much it has to be manipulated in order to get decent battery life.

If Android ever wants to attract iPhone users, they'll need to get better optimization out of the box. Not a problem for us obviously, but for the majority of users, I can see why this is an issue.

my personal problem is I shouldn't have to disable a bunch of features, that I pay a pretty penny for, in order for it to run the way it should ... and by "should" I mean getting longer than 4 hours SOT without disabling anything and not having half the stand by issues we've been having.

06-07-2015 02:28 PM
    I'm good with my TMO version too. Getting about 1 percent drain every 3 hours in standby. Between 2-3 hours SOT by 50 percent battery which is pretty normal by the time I get home each day.

The biggest help for me was unchecking the WiFi on while the phone is sleeping.

I also use Smart WiFi Toggler which automatically turns off your WiFi when you leave the area of a known connection.

I don't use power savings mode since the benefits are minimal when I look at the additional time I'd get on the battery screen.

Display is always on auto. I tried the Lux auto brightness app and the settings are more aggressive than Samsung so it's a lot brighter than you need.
    06-07-2015 03:21 PM
    I'm good with my TMO version too. Getting about 1 percent drain every 3 hours in standby. Between 2-3 hours SOT by 50 percent battery which is pretty normal by the time I get home each day.

The biggest help for me was unchecking the WiFi on while the phone is sleeping.

I also use Smart WiFi Toggler which automatically turns off your WiFi when you leave the area of a known connection.

I don't use power savings mode since the benefits are minimal when I look at the additional time I'd get on the battery screen.

Display is always on auto. I tried the Lux auto brightness app and the settings are more aggressive than Samsung so it's a lot brighter than you need.
    Try Velis Auto Brightness instead:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...uto.brightness
    player22 likes this.
    06-07-2015 03:49 PM
    I think it's more an LP issue than Samsung, but it's amazing how much it has to be manipulated in order to get decent battery life.

If Android ever wants to attract iPhone users, they'll need to get better optimization out of the box. Not a problem for us obviously, but for the majority of users, I can see why this is an issue.

my personal problem is I shouldn't have to disable a bunch of features, that I pay a pretty penny for, in order for it to run the way it should ... and by "should" I mean getting longer than 4 hours SOT without disabling anything and not having half the stand by issues we've been having.

Not to be a downer, but when I had a Nexus 6 it had amazing battery life the entire time. So not all Android is bad like that.
    06-07-2015 08:16 PM
    Not to be a downer, but when I had a Nexus 6 it had amazing battery life the entire time. So not all Android is bad like that.
    The forums nexus 6 section says otherwise...very inconsistent from user to user much like the S6

06-07-2015 08:45 PM
    I can say the same about my S6 edge, check my posts and screenshots.
    06-07-2015 09:50 PM
    The forums nexus 6 section says otherwise...very inconsistent from user to user much like the S6

I've learned the forums are generally not a good indication. People, overall, don't come here to talk about their happy good times.

I can say the same about my S6 edge, check my posts and screenshots.
    How? Before I got my 5k battery, my S6 almost died nightly if I didn't charge it mid-way. And all I do is listen to podcasts for about 7 and a half hours with maybe an hour of web browsing. :\
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:01 AM
    I've learned the forums are generally not a good indication. People, overall, don't come here to talk about their happy good times.

How? Before I got my 5k battery, my S6 almost died nightly if I didn't charge it mid-way. And all I do is listen to podcasts for about 7 and a half hours with maybe an hour of web browsing. :\
    Exactly.. The complaints are more prominent here for any phone. Generally people come here to get answers for issued they are experiencing. Most people having no issue don't come post here to let everyone know they love their phone.
    06-08-2015 01:26 AM
    Exactly.. The complaints are more prominent here for any phone. Generally people come here to get answers for issued they are experiencing. Most people having no issue don't come post here to let everyone know they love their phone.
    It would be nice, though, wouldn't it? It gets old sometimes, on every forum from MacRumors to Android Central, to constantly be reminded that every phone sucks in some way.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-08-2015 01:45 AM
    It would be nice, though, wouldn't it? It gets old sometimes, on every forum from MacRumors to Android Central, to constantly be reminded that every phone sucks in some way.
    Yes it would be.. It would give a better picture for people looking for phones.

The Lollipop hate is the single reason I have been using Android Lollipop avatars the last few days.
    06-08-2015 01:47 AM
    Yes you have to expect more

The battery of the S6 combined with the hardware manufactured technology that been used by Samsung on the phone should've enhance the results.

frankly i was not happy with my S6 performance but as soon i found this article here and some of you complaining about 16 hrs i think i have to stop nagging now since my phone lasted over than 1 day and can do more. i was looking forward to 2 or 3 working days..silly me :P

too bad, as you can see below. FaceBook and Google services are consuming more power than anything despite the fact that i use whatsapp here more than anything else. i already disabled the Facebook app today and i hope Google fixed the damn thing with the Google Services so am sure after that i will get a better result.

here is my result and sorry about my weak English.
    Am I expecting too much from this battery-screenshot_2015-06-03-23-19-53.jpg
    06-08-2015 03:57 AM
62 123