New phone here

NJmikePE

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
My question has to do with the stock messaging app. My carrier is verizon. I'm trying to apply notification sounds to each contact so I can tell who's texting me. I've applied the tone to the individual contacts, but when I receive a message from anyone, it is the same default tone. How do I override this and make it use the assigned tones per contact?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully I am wrong, but of all the Androids I have had, I can't attach a unique tone for text messages, like you can ring tones. A different text application might, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the AC Forums, there are so many other features and performance that will more than offset. Hit us back with feedback and questions as you get more time with your GS6.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
To do it . Go to your contacts and click on the one you want. Click edit, scroll to the bottom and click add another field, and click message tone.

Then that option will show up. Click on it to change.

Posted via the Android Central App

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My question has to do with the stock messaging app. My carrier is verizon. I'm trying to apply notification sounds to each contact so I can tell who's texting me. I've applied the tone to the individual contacts, but when I receive a message from anyone, it is the same default tone. How do I override this and make it use the assigned tones per contact?

Try going to the Edit under the contact and add another field selecting Message Tone?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Not enough caffeine. You can set the default tone in Settings/App Notifcations/ and hit the settings icon. Then Notification Sound. For each Contact, select Add Another Field. Scroll down to Mesaging. Select it and hit Save.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Not enough caffeine. You can set the default tone in Settings/App Notifcations/ and hit the settings icon. Then Notification Sound. For each Contact, select Add Another Field. Scroll down to Mesaging. Select it and hit Save.

You can do that by going to contacts

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22