Ever since my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 system was updated to version G920VVRU1AOE2 two or three days ago, I receive a notification at 6:20 am with the day's weather prediction, and the notification uses sound + vibrate. I can find no way to turn off the sound and the vibration of this notification. Android version is still 5.0.2. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Any suggestions on how to mute this event?
    06-06-2015 12:29 PM
    Ever since my Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 system was updated to version G920VVRU1AOE2 two or three days ago, I receive a notification at 6:20 am with the day's weather prediction, and the notification uses sound + vibrate. I can find no way to turn off the sound and the vibration of this notification. Android version is still 5.0.2. Is anyone else encountering this problem? Any suggestions on how to mute this event?
    Welcome to Android Central!

Are you using the stock weather widget or a third party one?
    06-10-2015 08:42 AM
    It's the stock widget--a feed from Accuweather. In any case the problem went away after I unchecked the Show Notifications box on the Weather Daemon app (Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Weather Daemon). That was the only thing I could find to change--the Show Notifications box was grayed out on the Weather app (Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Weather). So far so good.
    06-10-2015 02:44 PM
    I use the Do Not Disturb feature, which at least keeps the notification from making any sound when it shows up. This particular notification is very strange. When I first got the phone on launch day, I got the notifications everyday...then after a while they dwindled to only appearing on random days, then they disappeared completely for quite a while. When that last VZW update came through...they started appearing daily again for a few days, then have mostly disappeared again since. I think I've only got the notification one morning within the last week.
    06-10-2015 03:48 PM
    That's an excellent idea to use Do Not Disturb. And I agree it's a weird notification.
    06-10-2015 04:23 PM