YouTube video problem on my brand new s6

Luke Allen2

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Right so basically I got my s6 today and was having some fun with it and decided to go on YouTube. But for some reason 90% of YouTube videos I try to play either do not load up (just the video, everything else does like description and comments instantly) or they start playing but the video playback is pixelated and show random green squares and ghosting. Anyone have a fix for this? Also, it happens in the app and through a browser, video playback on any but YouTube work perfectly (Facebook videos for example). It's very frustrating !

Thanks!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Right so basically I got my s6 today and was having some fun with it and decided to go on YouTube. But for some reason 90% of YouTube videos I try to play either do not load up (just the video, everything else does like description and comments instantly) or they start playing but the video playback is pixelated and show random green squares and ghosting. Anyone have a fix for this? Also, it happens in the app and through a browser, video playback on any but YouTube work perfectly (Facebook videos for example). It's very frustrating !

Thanks!

Welcome to the AC Forums. Try clearing the app storage cache in Settings. Then, clear the cache partition.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Clear cache partition next.

Turn off your GS6.

Hold Volume Up+Home Button+Power at the same time.

When in Manual Mode, use the volume rocker to toggle to Clear Cache. Select Power to accept.

Then, toggle to Reboot. Power to accept.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Jacob Raptosh

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the exact same problem... everything loads, except any video. I went back to the retailer, and they said it was a known problem that Google is working on fixing. I cleared cache, even did a full reset on the phone , and exact same problem persists. If I'm on wifi, videos work fine. I assumed it was a service issue on Metropcs, but who knows.

As well, I can't download apps from the playstore unless on wifi.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis