External Battery Charger - which one is best?

whodathunkit

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a post on the BB site saying how convenient it is to simply take out a depleted battery and pop in a freshly charged battery on my BB Bold 9900. Now the S6 is sealed and won't allow anything like that so if I need to charge my battery on the go, I either bring a cord and tether myself to the wall while it charges in rapid mode - which still takes some time - or purchase an external battery charger. I opt for the latter but there are so many choices. The ones I have seen are as large as the S6 itself. What's that about?!

Can anyone direct me to something that is much smaller, fits in your pocket so you don't have a bulge when carrying your S6 also that gives a reasonable amount of charging power while on the go?

Thank you.

PS - Now that I am experiencing the S6 in real life, it makes no sense to me why they changed it to not allow the choice to change out the battery. How easy would it be and in a matter of a minute or less have a 100% fully charged battery. It is what it is and no amount of ranting is going to change it but I think a very poor choice and hope they change it back on the S7.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a post on the BB site saying how convenient it is to simply take out a depleted battery and pop in a freshly charged battery on my BB Bold 9900. Now the S6 is sealed and won't allow anything like that so if I need to charge my battery on the go, I either bring a cord and tether myself to the wall while it charges in rapid mode - which still takes some time - or purchase an external battery charger. I opt for the latter but there are so many choices. The ones I have seen are as large as the S6 itself. What's that about?!

Can anyone direct me to something that is much smaller, fits in your pocket so you don't have a bulge when carrying your S6 also that gives a reasonable amount of charging power while on the go?

Thank you.

PS - Now that I am experiencing the S6 in real life, it makes no sense to me why they changed it to not allow the choice to change out the battery. How easy would it be and in a matter of a minute or less have a 100% fully charged battery. It is what it is and no amount of ranting is going to change it but I think a very poor choice and hope they change it back on the S7.

The years of being ridiculed about the plastic backs and lack of premium materials. With faster storage and more energy efficient screen, the smaller battery is performing just fine. The GS7 may be thicker to accommodate the camera hump allowing for a larger battery but I still think the chassis will be sealed. Card slot may or may not make a come back.

whodathunkit

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the Anker and it arrived. It was certainly larger than I thought. It is a bit larger than a roll of quarters but probably smaller than other ones available.

I tried it and it took 30 minutes to charge 25% on my device. Is that standard timing?

Silly question - why not carry the charge cord around with you and tether to a plug while having lunch or coffee? I supposed if I were on the run and not in my car or anywhere else where tethering is possible, an external battery charger might be useful, but.....? The charge cord and plug are small when wound tightly and I assume with the advertised fast charge it is at least as fast if not faster.

Another plug (no pun intended) for a removable battery option. Nothing beats swapping out a depleted battery with a fully charged one with 100% charge - - down time 1 min max - - and your good to go for a long time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2