Not sure if mistake is a good word. But, I have a s4 and I ready for a new phone. Thinking of the S6, but should I look at another phone? Not sure about the battery life and not running the latest lollipop.

I would definitely root it , I believe it is possible to rot this phone from what I've read. Wondering if samsung will release another phone this summer that might have a bigger battery.

Let me know your thoughts if any.
    06-08-2015 07:24 PM
    Not sure if mistake is a good word. But, I have a s4 and I ready for a new phone. Thinking of the S6, but should I look at another phone? Not sure about the battery life and not running the latest lollipop.

I would definitely root it , I believe it is possible to rot this phone from what I've read. Wondering if samsung will release another phone this summer that might have a bigger battery.

This was my battery life from yesterday. Battery life is different for different people. I had the Samsung Galaxy S4. The S4 was actually my last Samsung device. I am finding the battery life MUCH better on this phone. It drained on 3g but since I switched to 4g and Wi-Fi instead I haven't looked back
    Attached Thumbnails Would I be making a mistake getting the S6?-1433809791796.jpg   Would I be making a mistake getting the S6?-1433809803400.jpg  
    06-08-2015 07:30 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How's the disk space? I'm thinking of the 64gb. How much space is lost to the OS?
    06-08-2015 07:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply. How's the disk space? I'm thinking of the 64gb. How much space is lost to the OS?
    I went with the 64gb version too. This is the current storage on my phone. And you're welcome. I'm glad I could answer. Goodness knows I ask my fair share of questions on here lol
    Attached Thumbnails Would I be making a mistake getting the S6?-1433810164790.jpg  
    06-08-2015 07:36 PM
    Thanks. 9gb, I can deal with that. lol Any good pointers on maximizing your battery. or other settings that should be done?

thanks
    06-08-2015 07:41 PM
    Thanks. 9gb, I can deal with that. lol Any good pointers on maximizing your battery. or other settings that should be done?

thanks
    These are the things I did to improve my battery life thanks to the amazing tips from everyone on this forum. Especially a member called Erasat.

Some are my doing though.

Whatever you do do NOT use 3g coverage. My phone used to drain in five hours until I discovered this.

I always have power saver mode switched on. Literally permanently lol

Turn off the Wi-Fi smart switch

Turn off auto brightness and have it on as low as is comfortable for you.

Turn off notifications for any apps you don't want or need notifications for

Turn off Wi-Fi calling when you don't need it (it's not available in Australia but I heard it can be a battery drain)

Turn off location history if you don't want it. I actually have all location services switched off

Disable any of the bloatware you don't want or won't use
    06-08-2015 07:49 PM
    Wow you can tell I talk about this phones battery way too much lol
    06-08-2015 07:50 PM
    LOL, thank again. I might be making the plunge very soon. Have you rooted it yet?
    06-08-2015 07:53 PM
    LOL, thank again. I might be making the plunge very soon. Have you rooted it yet?
    I've never rooted any phone I've had so that is one question I can't answer but I hope someone else will be able to answer for you xd definitely check out erasats thread on battery saver tips. He seems to be the battery king on here lol
    06-08-2015 07:54 PM
    I have my S4 rooted and love it. So much you can do. I'm running a clean version of lollipop now. Works great.
    06-08-2015 07:56 PM
    I have my S4 rooted and love it. So much you can do. I'm running a clean version of lollipop now. Works great.
    I just bumped that battery tips thread up for you so you can find it easily
    06-08-2015 07:58 PM
    reading it now. thanks!
    06-08-2015 08:00 PM
    reading it now. thanks!
    You're very welcome
    06-08-2015 08:03 PM

I came from an AT&T GS4. The GS6 is the best smartphone that I have ever owned. It's fast and very smooth thanks in part to more highly optimized hardware and software. Touchwiz is slimmed down enough that a third party launcher isn't a necessity but an option to further customize your device. Is there an issue with Lollipop, sure but not something updates and Android Moon Pie won't fix. If you're rooting, there is some thought that you might want to speed up your decision as Google may make it no longer possible to do so. If you don't care about a huge display or the card slot and removable battery, then that helps make the choice easier. I don't miss either as battery life is not an issue for me and I have 50GB free. The battery issue encountered by primary CDMA users, some of whom are not having battery issues, and some TMO users is very real but would appear to be a combination of mainly Lollipop and to a lesser extent the carrier. Battery life is also a function of usage habits
    The camera is great. There is no noticeable lag. The wireless charging is great and the display is awesome. There is some tweaking for battery preservation but not enough to justify not giving the GS6 a good go.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-08-2015 09:05 PM
    I'll weigh in... I came from an M8 that didn't know how to swim. Got a gold 64GB for the price of a 32, and had a coupon for a free wireless charger.

Battery life is sufficient for a normal day streaming music through Bluetooth 45 minutes each way to and from work, leave auto brightness on, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc. I text, check email and make phone calls whenever. It's a good phone.

My only gripe is that it doesn't remember my volume setting when it disconnects and connects to Bluetooth. What I mean is my M8 would automatically go to one click below full blast when it would connect to Bluetooth, then drop down to 25% when it disconnected.

Other than that, it's a good phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-08-2015 09:15 PM