What's your choice of launcher? Fancy a change...

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have tried several including NOVA Prime, but GO Launcher is by far the best launcher out there.

Stylish, Smart, Slim, Let’s GO Launcher!
GO Launcher is a stylish, smart & slim system for your Android phone. The 2015 brand new version “GO Launcher Z’ provides 365-day updated themes & HD wallpapers to decorate your screen, and abundant widgets, gestures & tools to make your ideal phone. Its previous version “GO Launcher EX” ranked as NO.1 launcher in Google Play with over 200 million users!

Stylish: Decorate every corner of your screen with updated themes & wallpapers. Get them from theme store!
Smart: Insert your brain into the phone with tools, widgets & gestures;
Slim: 4M APK to enhance phone performance.

Highlight features:
APPs management: Hide & Lock APPs to protect phone security;
Store: Theme store & APP center brings you fashion & fun;
Transition Effect: XX effects available, magic every slide!

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have tried several including NOVA Prime, but GO Launcher is by far the best launcher out there.

Stylish, Smart, Slim, Let’s GO Launcher!
GO Launcher is a stylish, smart & slim system for your Android phone. The 2015 brand new version “GO Launcher Z’ provides 365-day updated themes & HD wallpapers to decorate your screen, and abundant widgets, gestures & tools to make your ideal phone. Its previous version “GO Launcher EX” ranked as NO.1 launcher in Google Play with over 200 million users!

Stylish: Decorate every corner of your screen with updated themes & wallpapers. Get them from theme store!
Smart: Insert your brain into the phone with tools, widgets & gestures;
Slim: 4M APK to enhance phone performance.

Highlight features:
APPs management: Hide & Lock APPs to protect phone security;
Store: Theme store & APP center brings you fashion & fun;
Transition Effect: XX effects available, magic every slide!

Go wants you to buy EVERYTHING... Ads everywhere. Huge fail for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I have no ads what so ever, and I have GO Launcher install on 2 phones and a Tab Pro. Maybe you had an much older version installed, the current version doesn't have that issue and I have been running GL since March.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have no ads what so ever, and I have GO Launcher install on 2 phones and a Tab Pro. Maybe you had an much older version installed, the current version doesn't have that issue and I have been running GL since March.

Hmmm that's definitely weird. They used to above all kinds of ads in my face shorn all I had installed was the free Go Locker app. Good app, but just not fond of the ads and I want going to buy it.

what5k

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for nova prime, it's hard to beat. The main things for me are easy folder making, customizing my app drawer and I love not having to swipe down all the way from the notification bar.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for nova prime, it's hard to beat. The main things for me are easy folder making, customizing my app drawer and I love not having to swipe down all the way from the notification bar.

Adding another myself. I've experimented with several replacement launchers recently and Nova Prime won out in terms of customization and gesture tweaks. For the few apps I'd like to see unread badges from, TeslaUnread is working great for me in tandem.

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Apex here. Pretty much the same as Nova personally speaking and just like the way Apex looks.

There is tons though, others include;

There/MyColorScreen
Buzz Launcher

But these don't quite fit my requirements. As suggested previously though, try a few and see what works for you.

CharlesCC2

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Another vote for Nova.

-Many icon themes to select from
-A lot of customization with icon layout, from number of rows/columns, off set icons on the grid, multiple such pages
-GESTURES! This can cut down on icons for your most common app and feature usages. I swipe two fingers in a circular clockwise motion to open settings, counterclockwise for Nova settings, swipe up to open the app drawer, hit the home button to execute Greenify hibernation, amongst a few more

Make sure you get the unread badge count plug in with Nova. Without it you week not have badges for unread messages for any messaging or email app. Unread badge count adds badges for WhatsApp, Hangouts, SMS, email, and I believe Facebook messenger. I don't like that it does not have badges for Viper, and other messaging apps such as Tango.

You'll also need to download the Digital Clock Xperia widget if you use the TouchWiz clock, as it's probably the best replacement for it.

I also feel like my battery life has been improved since using Nova but haven't done any thorough testing to be able to make a conclusion.

jonrmojr10

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I stick with TouchWiz because I like complete uniformity of the UI throughout the OS. Nothing worse in my opinion than being jolted back and forth from one UX to another as I switch through apps. The Samsung apps are the main ones, so the UI has to fit them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke