Why does my S6 not play music in my car via AUX?

A

AC Question

Why does my s6 not play music in my car via AUX

I have the S6, and it wont play music through the AUX cable no matter which cable or music player app I use. I had a nexus 4 previous to this and it worked fine. My brother has a s4 and it also works fine for him. Any help?

I drive a 2011 Nissan Sentra if this helps.

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why does my s6 not play music in my car via AUX

Welcome to Android Central! Do headphones work normally on your S6? Make sure the jack doesn't have any debris in it--use a damp toothpick to root around, or blow it out with a can of compressed air.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

my S6 works fine through my AUX on my 2011 Golf

Shon123

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site

This may sound obvious but make sure your case, if you have one, isn't preventing the AUX cable from being pushed all the way into the phone.

tfrankson

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Works fine for me, use it daily.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site

Try a different cable? Try same cable into another radio or stereo? I don't know anything about the 3.5mm jack standards, but I know there are differences between them.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bingo Henderson

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why does my S6 not play music in my car via USB?

Gang- just got an S6 after years of Apple. My car stereo has a USB port which charged the iPhone and allowed my iTunes to be played in the car. The S6 charges but will only play one tune that I don't recognise at all!! When I access the music on the phone, it plays through the speakers but not the stereo. Can you help me? Or shall I just burn the S6/ stereo/ car/ town/ self..?

Lucan Eros

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site

Your issue is that you are trying to do the music through your USB port. That is not a function that android devices have. You will have to use an auxiliary cord to have music going through your car speakers

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site

Your issue is that you are trying to do the music through your USB port. That is not a function that android devices have. You will have to use an auxiliary cord to have music going through your car speakers

I can play audio via USB in my car...but I can only control the tracks through the car's display system and not the phone, so I dont bother.

gagankapur

Dec 5, 2016
Visit site

I have the S6, and it wont play music through the AUX cable no matter which cable or music player app I use. I had a nexus 4 previous to this and it worked fine. My brother has a s4 and it also works fine for him. Any help?

I drive a 2011 Nissan Sentra if this helps.

Thanks!

did you find out the solution?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx