When I first got my new Samsung S6 (on Verizon), I was disappointed on the batter life (3-4 hours). I had to plug it into a charger several times per day (unacceptable!)

There are many threads on Samsung S6 battery life, some quite complicated (I don't want root my phone), but I stumbled on this SIMPLE FIX for the Verizon Samsung S6 that extended my battery life to ALL DAY! (I still have 20-30% after 18 hours).

Go to SETTINGS -> BATTERY -> and make note of what applications are using your battery power.

In my case, an application called CLOUD was SUCKING ALL MY BATTERY POWER! What is this ap? Is it from Verizon or Android OS? I don't know, but it cannot be UNINSTALLED, but you can DISABLE it. You will get a warning that if you disable it applications may not work correctly but EVERYTHING STILL WORKS FOR ME: Google Drive, Email and notifications, GPS, MAPS, Chrome, etc. - EVERYTHING I use still works as before. The only difference is my battery will last all day now.

If anyone knows what this "Cloud" AP is or what it does or where it comes from (is it on Verizon only?), please reply to this thread. Meanwhile, those who are disappointed in your new S6 battery life, DISABLE CLOUD and BE HAPPY!

Note: I also clicked "Power Saving Mode" in SETTINGS and it adds a couple more hours to battery life, but does not interfere with performance like the "Ultra Power Saving Mode" does.
    06-10-2015 11:17 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

This thread may be moved by the Moderators to the S6 forum, where it will reach far more users of that device.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Almeuit likes this.
    06-10-2015 12:00 PM
    It's red and looks like a Verizon app. I look those first thing.
    06-10-2015 12:27 PM
    Cloud saves your photos, contacts, etc. I use it in case something happens to my phone so I won't lose everything

06-10-2015 02:48 PM
    Cloud saves your photos, contacts, etc. I use it in case something happens to my phone so I won't lose everything

Just use Google for that.

I noticed that my battery was draining wicked fast today. Looked at my battery and peel was top using 5% along with Google services. I never used peel. I never set it up. But it was using my battery. Google needs to fix this crap.

06-10-2015 04:56 PM
    Idk what happened but i checked my battery life after a long work day.

Posted from GS6 or Tab 10.5
    Attached Thumbnails Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Battery Life Restored!-7658.jpg  
    06-10-2015 06:21 PM
    Just use Google for that.

I noticed that my battery was draining wicked fast today. Looked at my battery and peel was top using 5% along with Google services. I never used peel. I never set it up. But it was using my battery. Google needs to fix this crap.

My phone had one drive at 5% even though I have it disabled. I had to force stop it lol
    06-10-2015 06:40 PM