Hopefully I made the right decision...

I've been back and forth so much between the S6 and LG G4, its ridiculous. I've played with both and am so used to Samsung (currently own S4 and have had the 2 and 3, my girl has the 5) that I didn't have the balls to switch flagships at the end of the day. I still am concerned with the battery life, but we'll see what happens.

I couldn't take advantage of any promos at Best Buy as I have a business account, so I called Verizon customer service and had them work out a deal for me. I ordered the 64gb white. I toggled between black sapphire and white, but I think the white just looks cleaner and doesn't retain figerprints upon examination in store, so thats what I rocked with. I got the phone for 299.99. You save $50 instantly instead of mail-in rebate by buying over the phone. Unfortunately, I will only receive $145 back for my S4 in trade-in by sending it in, but thats only $5 less than in store trade-in toward S6.

I also got the OtterBox defender for $35 with my business discount and an additional discount. Also, got the fast car charger for $21 instead of $35. They were all out of the charging pads, but he wasn't sure if they work with the otterbox on? Anyone know?

Did I make the right decision...??? I sure hope so.

Any insight on how I did?

And is there a way to get the mail-in rebate, too or just take my instant savings and run?

Let me know!
    -Jon-
    bcbbanga4l likes this.
    06-10-2015 04:37 PM

I've been back and forth so much between the S6 and LG G4, its ridiculous. I've played with both and am so used to Samsung (currently own S4 and have had the 2 and 3, my girl has the 5) that I didn't have the balls to switch flagships at the end of the day. I still am concerned with the battery life, but we'll see what happens.

I couldn't take advantage of any promos at Best Buy as I have a business account, so I called Verizon customer service and had them work out a deal for me. I ordered the 64gb white. I toggled between black sapphire and white, but I think the white just looks cleaner and doesn't retain figerprints upon examination in store, so thats what I rocked with. I got the phone for 299.99. You save $50 instantly instead of mail-in rebate by buying over the phone. Unfortunately, I will only receive $145 back for my S4 in trade-in by sending it in, but thats only $5 less than in store trade-in toward S6.

I also got the OtterBox defender for $35 with my business discount and an additional discount. Also, got the fast car charger for $21 instead of $35. They were all out of the charging pads, but he wasn't sure if they work with the otterbox on? Anyone know?

And is there a way to get the mail-in rebate, too or just take my instant savings and run?

Let me know!
    -Jon-
    Only you know if you made the right decision. I feel you did. I upgraded from the GS4 and passed on the GS5.

The GS6 is by far the best smartphone that I have ever owned.

Wireless charging works great with the Defender. Check out my YouTube video review.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-10-2015 04:41 PM
    Doesn't the phone come with the fast charger there? Here in Australia the s6 comes with the fast charger as the default charger in box
    06-10-2015 04:42 PM
    I got the fast car charger for my vehicle!
    06-10-2015 04:45 PM
    Only you know if you made the right decision. I feel you did. I upgraded from the GS4 and passed on the GS5.

The GS6 is by far the best smartphone that I have ever owned.

Wireless charging works great with the Defender. Check out my YouTube video review.

What charging pad did you buy?
    06-10-2015 04:48 PM
    Let us know what you think once you get it! .
    06-10-2015 04:50 PM
    What charging pad did you buy?
    I got the OEM wireless charging pad free with my preorder at Best Buy. Works like a charge but I use it in my home office and used the rapid charger out of the box to charge overnight,
    06-10-2015 07:59 PM
    You might find the following helpful.

DetroitBorg a Review Video

Battery Saving Tips

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-s6-edge.html

More Tips and Tricks

Hit us back with feedback and questions. Congrats on your new device.
    06-10-2015 08:00 PM
    Wireless charging does work through the defender, but due to the additional thickness, placement is more critical than with a thin case. When Qi v1.2 comes out, it is supposed to be able to go further, so placement won't be much of an issue.
    06-10-2015 08:09 PM
    Wireless charging does work through the defender, but due to the additional thickness, placement is more critical than with a thin case. When Qi v1.2 comes out, it is supposed to be able to go further, so placement won't be much of an issue.
    Never had an issue with OEM charging pad. A device has to be pretty goofy proof for me to mess it up.
    06-10-2015 08:12 PM
    Never had an issue with OEM charging pad. A device has to be pretty goofy proof for me to mess it up.
    I've got the original one they came out with for the S4, and also an aftermarket one that is good to 10mm distance. Both of these require precise placement of the S6 with the defender, while my S4 with a thin case wasn't so fussy. Maybe the newer round charger has a bigger "sweet spot"?
    06-10-2015 08:42 PM
    I've got the original one they came out with for the S4, and also an aftermarket one that is good to 10mm distance. Both of these require precise placement of the S6 with the defender, while my S4 with a thin case wasn't so fussy. Maybe the newer round charger has a bigger "sweet spot"?
    It has a Big Bertha sweet spot. Check out my Defender review on my YouTube channel.
    06-10-2015 08:52 PM

Let me know!
    -Jon-
    You won't be dissapointed I love this phone and I hated Samsung ui.. I came from lgg4 battery is not as good however the quick wireless battery charging makes up for it.
    06-10-2015 10:47 PM
    You might find the following helpful.

DetroitBorg a Review Video

Battery Saving Tips

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...y-s6-edge.html

More Tips and Tricks

Hit us back with feedback and questions. Congrats on your new device.
    These were incredible videos.

When he said to put in other prints at your discretion I was like... Was I the only one that couldn't see his night clock? Why do people always assume left handed people only use their phones with their left hand. I use mine with both and even on my iPhone six plus predominantly with my right hand. Though right now I'm using my left hand and I'm noticing I'm making less spelling errors so maybe there is something in that lol.

Though when that guy said "your Grandma will never ask you to show her how to do anything on her phone again" I laughed so hard but in my case it's my mom who I'm the tech wiz for xd.

It amazes me that I have had this phone for almost a month and I am constantly finding out new things that it can do
    06-10-2015 11:15 PM

Let me know!
    -Jon-
    only you can be the judge of whether or not it was a good move. time will tell

I'm in a similar spot. I was holding out for the Nexus/Note Moto X but my S4 finally shattered so I might get the S6 too.

I tested the G4 for a full day, and I honestly wasn't all that impressed. I just couldn't get over the UX and prefer the S6.

Keep is posted on how you like it after a couple weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-11-2015 12:31 AM
    only you can be the judge of whether or not it was a good move. time will tell

I'm in a similar spot. I was holding out for the Nexus/Note Moto X but my S4 finally shattered so I might get the S6 too.

I tested the G4 for a full day, and I honestly wasn't all that impressed. I just couldn't get over the UX and prefer the S6.

Keep is posted on how you like it after a couple weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Touchwiz is more optimized but UX is like the little brother just a step or two behind. They'll get the clue to reduce the clutter and not throw in the kitchen sink. LG made less of a misstep than HTC in terms of design choices and direction.

06-11-2015 08:40 AM