Why is my system memory so high?

A

AC Question

why is my system memory so high?

I just bought a new s6 64gb. And now i open the storage and see the system memory taking up 38.79gb. Thats over half the phones storage. Is that normal? Or is there something wrong? I understand that a portion of the storage is for the os, but that just seems outrageously high.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: why is my system memory so high?

It does. I'll ask some S6 geniuses whom I happen to know. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Is there anyway you can attach a screenshot?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

My 64GB S6 has 9.43GB used for the system memory. If yours is really 38GB then there is something quite wrong since you can't add to that, it's locked off from the rest of the storage. Fresh out of the box nothing should be taking up 38GB.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It really is 38gb i promise. Its rediculous. Any ideas as to what it is? Or how to fix it?

Sounds like you're confusing storage and memory, they are two different things. Go to storage and give us a list of what it shows.

Posted via the Android Central App

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

Something doesn't add up, can you give us a screen shot?

Hold down home and power buttons together the same time until it takes a screen shot.

dreaming of electric sheep

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Fixed via factory reset. Thanks for trying to help tho

Sorry about the delay in replying. Glad you got it fixed. It was probably an error in storage reporting that the reset fixed. A screenshot is usually done by simultaneously clicking power and volume down, or in Samsung's case, power and home.

Maazak

Sep 3, 2017
Visit site
That's because your phone had already got a newer but not installed version of Android from that built in installed version.
When you'll install it the extra files and the older versiob will be deleted and then your phone system memory will drop to almost 10gb

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX