06-13-2015 09:32 PM
31 12
tools
    How in the world does any one find the time in a day to stare at the screen for six plus hours lol. Not knocking any one but during the work day I average about 1.5 hours max, then maybe another two hours personal at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I have never got beyond 4hrs SOT, but I do believe you could run an entire business from your S6, I have had to do this several times when on the road without my macbook.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-13-2015 06:48 PM
    I have never got beyond 4hrs SOT, but I do believe you could run an entire business from your S6, I have had to do this several times when on the road without my macbook.

I get between 5-6 hours Sot on mine though would LOVE to know how much I get without the stupid Google Play services
    06-13-2015 06:53 PM
    I get between 5-6 hours Sot on mine though would LOVE to know how much I get without the stupid Google Play services
    5-6 hours SOT is great!

I'm still trying to increase the battery life, just wondering

1. Did you do a factory reset and did it increase your battery life?

2. Did you separate your WiFi channels to eliminate 5ghz and did it help your battery?

06-13-2015 07:12 PM
    My biggest offender is still this bs Google Play services. I've had enough of it
    Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services.

Sorry but what you are experiencing is one of the known Lollipop bugs that Google fixes sometimes with some updates and then it comes back.
    06-13-2015 07:48 PM
    5-6 hours SOT is great!

I'm still trying to increase the battery life, just wondering

1. Did you do a factory reset and did it increase your battery life?

2. Did you separate your WiFi channels to eliminate 5ghz and did it help your battery?

That's five to six hours of screen on time off Wi-Fi and on 4g coverage. These are the things I implemented:

Turned off auto brightness and have it on the lowest setting
    Turned off location settings
    Turned off background data for apps
    Turned off syncing
    Uninstalled facebook and installed Fast

Samsung on twitter suggest I put my phone into safe mode. While it was in safe mode I checked to see which apps were missing as these were the battery hogs and more than doubled my battery life once I deleted any of them that I didn't need.

Also I found a great app that has helped too. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off if you switch it to turn on. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it

This is my current time since my last charge and I have 37% left.

When I AM using wi-fi it only works in 2.4ghz. The longest screen on time I've experienced is 6 hours and 52 minutes.

It's why when there was some issues with my phone I was very reluctant to take it back because I was worried of getting a phone like others in Australia have.

Try any of these and see if they help you
    Attached Thumbnails Is battery that bad?-1434248858287.jpg  
    06-13-2015 09:27 PM
    Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services.

Sorry but what you are experiencing is one of the known Lollipop bugs that Google fixes sometimes with some updates and then it comes back.
    Thank you Erasat. I will definitely take your advice. You have helped me get as much screen on time as I am currently getting.

If it's a lollipop bug I hope it will be squashed in M because the only google services I use are chrome and play store and it still drains like that
    06-13-2015 09:32 PM
31 12