Is battery that bad?

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
The S6 is unbelievable, but it does have some known issues/bugs

1. RAM leakage bug, the S6 can't effectively multi task without refreshing.

2. Lollipop Wake Lock bug, the S6 can't go into deep sleep mode hence the battery drainage on stand by.

Both these issues are software related and members of XDA have been able to fix both bugs effectively.

For those without root, hopefully both bugs will be fixed in the next 5.1 update. And hopefully this will increase battery life even more.

dreaming of electric sheep

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I will say that my average day I use my phone far less so I'm usually around 1.5 hours SOT and probably at 50-60% after a full day. I'm sorry that others are having battery life problems but I've been happy with mine. I've also loved the snappiness and screen quality so much that I've found my ipad stays on the coffee table more. Well see if that holds true as the newness wears off

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
1.5 hours of screen on time at 50-60% equals 3-3.5 hours of SOT on a full charge. That is not good.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Completely disagree. I'm on verizon but was connected to my wifi at work today. I wanted to test my quick charger in my car so I decided to try to drain my battery. I don't disable much (Google now on, high accuracy location, auto brightness) I was streaming music from Google play with the screen on and some texting and I was over 3 hours SOT with 7 hours total use and about 55% battery. The only thing that finally got my battery to dra I need faster was using Google maps as my GPS.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
You should have disconnected it from WiFi if you wanted it to drain quicker.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
You should have disconnected it from WiFi if you wanted it to drain quicker.

My Edge has been on Cell all day long, it has been unplugged for 19 hours and I'm still at 49% with 2 hours 55 minutes of SoT.

No, Cell and no wifi doesn't mean Drain on this phone, at least not in all of them, GPS and Location History and Reporting is the biggest offender because of Google insisting on ping all your location and moves, including Reporting into History when they were separate settings before.

Now if you are talking about the LG G4 that I just returned today then I can tell you that once I was on Cell on that sucker, the battery just took a dive and never recovered.

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
My Edge had been on Cell all day long, it has been unplugged for 19 hours and I'm still at 49% with 2 hours 55 minutes of SoT.

No, Cell and no wifi doesn't mean Drain on this phone, at least not in all of them, GPS and Location History and Reporting is the biggest offender because of Google insisting on ping all your location and moves, including Reporting into History when they were separate settings before.

Now if you are talking about the LG G4 that I just returned today then I can tell you that once I was on Cell on that sucker, the battery just took a dive and never recovered.

My biggest offender is still this bs Google Play services. I've had enough of it

Attachments

• 1434236284836.jpg
    1434236284836.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
How in the world does any one find the time in a day to stare at the screen for six plus hours lol. Not knocking any one but during the work day I average about 1.5 hours max, then maybe another two hours personal at night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I have never got beyond 4hrs SOT, but I do believe you could run an entire business from your S6, I have had to do this several times when on the road without my macbook.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have never got beyond 4hrs SOT, but I do believe you could run an entire business from your S6, I have had to do this several times when on the road without my macbook.

I get between 5-6 hours Sot on mine though would LOVE to know how much I get without the stupid Google Play services

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I get between 5-6 hours Sot on mine though would LOVE to know how much I get without the stupid Google Play services

5-6 hours SOT is great!

I'm still trying to increase the battery life, just wondering

1. Did you do a factory reset and did it increase your battery life?

2. Did you separate your WiFi channels to eliminate 5ghz and did it help your battery?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
My biggest offender is still this bs Google Play services. I've had enough of it

Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services.

Sorry but what you are experiencing is one of the known Lollipop bugs that Google fixes sometimes with some updates and then it comes back.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
5-6 hours SOT is great!

I'm still trying to increase the battery life, just wondering

1. Did you do a factory reset and did it increase your battery life?

2. Did you separate your WiFi channels to eliminate 5ghz and did it help your battery?

That's five to six hours of screen on time off Wi-Fi and on 4g coverage. These are the things I implemented:

Turned off auto brightness and have it on the lowest setting
Turned off location settings
Turned off background data for apps
Turned off syncing
Uninstalled facebook and installed Fast

Samsung on twitter suggest I put my phone into safe mode. While it was in safe mode I checked to see which apps were missing as these were the battery hogs and more than doubled my battery life once I deleted any of them that I didn't need.

Also I found a great app that has helped too. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off if you switch it to turn on. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it

This is my current time since my last charge and I have 37% left.

When I AM using wi-fi it only works in 2.4ghz. The longest screen on time I've experienced is 6 hours and 52 minutes.

It's why when there was some issues with my phone I was very reluctant to take it back because I was worried of getting a phone like others in Australia have.

Try any of these and see if they help you :)

Attachments

• 1434248858287.jpg
    1434248858287.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services.

Sorry but what you are experiencing is one of the known Lollipop bugs that Google fixes sometimes with some updates and then it comes back.

Thank you Erasat. I will definitely take your advice. You have helped me get as much screen on time as I am currently getting.

If it's a lollipop bug I hope it will be squashed in M because the only google services I use are chrome and play store and it still drains like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC