Loving my new S6! Battery is actually killer!

Throwbackent

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Coming from my S4, what a change!!!!

This thing kicks ***. The morons at Verizon kept my phone for 3 hours and couldn't get anything to transfer and smart switch didn't work. I took it home and got it to work with the quickness!

Speaking of quickness, this phone is snappy and it's factory charger took me from 19% to 96% in one hour flat and I was on it during the charge! That's over 1% per minute. Samsung is crushing it!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

This thing kicks ***. The morons at Verizon kept my phone for 3 hours and couldn't get anything to transfer and smart switch didn't work. I took it home and got it to work with the quickness!

Speaking of quickness, this phone is snappy and it's factory charger took me from 19% to 96% in one hour flat and I was on it during the charge! That's over 1% per minute. Samsung is crushing it!
Glad you seem to be enjoying your device. I heard about a rumored VZW update so you may want to check just in case.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Wait till you take that sucka OFF the charger. Will take you from 96% to 19% in one hour ! :)

Nah, glad your enjoying it!!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Once you've had a few cycles, hit us back with battery life feedback.

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is way better than my s4. I've had my s6 for over a week now. I did soul myself and get a Samsung quick charger for the car and that has made a big difference on the road. My previous charger wasn't up to snuff.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
My battery life is way better than my s4. I've had my s6 for over a week now. I did soul myself and get a Samsung quick charger for the car and that has made a big difference on the road. My previous charger wasn't up to snuff.

What carrier? Are you using any battery saving or running full open?

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint. Not battery saving apps or anything. Other than constantly having to clear my ram because our is slowing me down with minimal usage.

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I'm on sprint. Not battery saving apps or anything. Other than constantly having to clear my ram because our is slowing me down with minimal usage.

I found a great app for that. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off or you can choose how frequently you want it to kill them if you switch it to turn on. I just switched mine to kill background apps every five minutes. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it

Last edited:

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I found a great app for that. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off or you can choose how frequently you want it to kill them if you switch it to turn on. I just switched mine to kill background apps every five minutes. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it

Who's the creator of the app or a link? I'm interested

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site

Attachments

• 1434255477902.jpg
    1434255477902.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 48

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Here you go. For some reason my Google Play Store at the moment is saying I have no internet connection lol but I managed to capture this screen capture for you

Google play randomly started working again. Here's the link

Take a look at "Advanced Task Manager - Boost"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s?id=mobi.infolife.taskmanager&token=rgs8gtK-

Sounds like a good app. If you have restricted background data on those apps and use the recent apps button to close all, isn't that the same function?

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a good app. If you have restricted background data on those apps and use the recent apps button to close all, isn't that the same function?

No because some apps keep coming up in the background even after you have closed them. For example facebook will keep running in the background. This app will tell you which apps are still running and gives you the option of going to the settings for the app in question from the task killer and force stopping the app preventing it from no longer running in the background. You can also choose to ignore any in the list that crop up so the app won't ever stop them from running in the background. For example I have that option selected for heywire and TouchPal

kevindharrisii

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
My battery has been pretty solid. Two hours off charger, listening to podcast, our in the country with iffy reception, and the phone buried in a tool belt and it only dropped to 84%. My S4 was usually in the low 60s.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome