Coming from my S4, what a change!!!!

This thing kicks ***. The morons at Verizon kept my phone for 3 hours and couldn't get anything to transfer and smart switch didn't work. I took it home and got it to work with the quickness!

Speaking of quickness, this phone is snappy and it's factory charger took me from 19% to 96% in one hour flat and I was on it during the charge! That's over 1% per minute. Samsung is crushing it!
    neiljay6 likes this.
    06-12-2015 08:33 PM

This thing kicks ***. The morons at Verizon kept my phone for 3 hours and couldn't get anything to transfer and smart switch didn't work. I took it home and got it to work with the quickness!

Speaking of quickness, this phone is snappy and it's factory charger took me from 19% to 96% in one hour flat and I was on it during the charge! That's over 1% per minute. Samsung is crushing it!
    Glad you seem to be enjoying your device. I heard about a rumored VZW update so you may want to check just in case.
    06-12-2015 08:37 PM

Wait till you take that sucka OFF the charger. Will take you from 96% to 19% in one hour !

Nah, glad your enjoying it!!
    drone3, emad1995 and anon(5630457) like this.
    06-13-2015 04:48 AM

Once you've had a few cycles, hit us back with battery life feedback.
    06-13-2015 08:50 AM
    My battery life is way better than my s4. I've had my s6 for over a week now. I did soul myself and get a Samsung quick charger for the car and that has made a big difference on the road. My previous charger wasn't up to snuff.
    06-13-2015 12:11 PM
    Had my S6 about three weeks now, and the S6 battery lasts much longer than my S4 did.
    06-13-2015 01:27 PM
    My battery life is way better than my s4. I've had my s6 for over a week now. I did soul myself and get a Samsung quick charger for the car and that has made a big difference on the road. My previous charger wasn't up to snuff.
    What carrier? Are you using any battery saving or running full open?
    06-13-2015 05:45 PM
    Had my S6 about three weeks now, and the S6 battery lasts much longer than my S4 did.
    What carrier? Are you using battery saving measures or running wide open?
    06-13-2015 05:46 PM
    I'm on sprint. Not battery saving apps or anything. Other than constantly having to clear my ram because our is slowing me down with minimal usage.
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-13-2015 07:19 PM
    I'm on sprint. Not battery saving apps or anything. Other than constantly having to clear my ram because our is slowing me down with minimal usage.
    I found a great app for that. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off or you can choose how frequently you want it to kill them if you switch it to turn on. I just switched mine to kill background apps every five minutes. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it
    06-13-2015 09:38 PM
    I found a great app for that. It's called advanced task manager. It will clear your apps when your screen turns off or you can choose how frequently you want it to kill them if you switch it to turn on. I just switched mine to kill background apps every five minutes. Also shows all apps running in the background and allows you to kill, ignore, force stop or white list. I love it
    Who's the creator of the app or a link? I'm interested
    06-13-2015 10:51 PM
    Who's the creator of the app or a link? I'm interested
    Here you go. For some reason my Google Play Store at the moment is saying I have no internet connection lol but I managed to capture this screen capture for you

Google play randomly started working again. Here's the link

Take a look at "Advanced Task Manager - Boost"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fe.taskmanager
    Attached Thumbnails Loving my new S6!  Battery is actually killer!-1434255477902.jpg  
    06-13-2015 11:18 PM
    Here you go. For some reason my Google Play Store at the moment is saying I have no internet connection lol but I managed to capture this screen capture for you

Google play randomly started working again. Here's the link

Take a look at "Advanced Task Manager - Boost"
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...fe.taskmanager
    Sounds like a good app. If you have restricted background data on those apps and use the recent apps button to close all, isn't that the same function?
    06-14-2015 11:55 AM
    Thanks that app plus a factory reset seems to be doing the trick.
    06-14-2015 02:44 PM
    Sounds like a good app. If you have restricted background data on those apps and use the recent apps button to close all, isn't that the same function?
    No because some apps keep coming up in the background even after you have closed them. For example facebook will keep running in the background. This app will tell you which apps are still running and gives you the option of going to the settings for the app in question from the task killer and force stopping the app preventing it from no longer running in the background. You can also choose to ignore any in the list that crop up so the app won't ever stop them from running in the background. For example I have that option selected for heywire and TouchPal
    06-14-2015 03:13 PM
    Wait till you take that sucka OFF the charger. Will take you from 96% to 19% in one hour !
    And what's funny is that you're not all that wrong...I'd say an hour off the charger will more likely bring it down to ~55%.
    06-14-2015 04:50 PM
    My battery has been pretty solid. Two hours off charger, listening to podcast, our in the country with iffy reception, and the phone buried in a tool belt and it only dropped to 84%. My S4 was usually in the low 60s.
    06-14-2015 05:22 PM