Black screen blue flashing LED.

Throwbackent

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
My worst fear came ttue. I slept past my alarm because my Verizon S6 in white 64gb decided to go black screen with the flashing blue led light while it was on the charger overnight .

I've searched everywhere and it seems to be common. The reboot isn't working. Volume down and home screen isn't working. I work on the road for in home sales and need my phone for when I leave here in 3 hours. Please help!

Jon

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I may be wrong but try volume down + power button for about 10 seconds. It's pretty much the same as a battery pull. Sorry if you've already tried this.

Throwbackent

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Tried volume down and power button for over an hour. Finally finally rebooted. Everything is good, but why would it do this? How canice I prevent it from happening again? Now I'm so paranoid.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Volume down+home+power is what you did to reboot.

Try volume up+home+power. Use the volume rocker to toggle to clear cache partition. Power to accept.

Toggle to reboot. Power to accept.

If your issue occurs again, I would exchange. It's not a normal behavior.

agsags

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
This has happened to me as well. Soft reboots, cache refreshes, and many iterative rounds of factory resets (with varying levels of reconfiguration) has failed to solve the problem. The phone is 5 days old and neither Verizon nor Samsung can offer any advice other than obtain a certified like-new device or take the phone back to best buy and ask for a replacement new phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This has happened to me as well. Soft reboots, cache refreshes, and many iterative rounds of factory resets (with varying levels of reconfiguration) has failed to solve the problem. The phone is 5 days old and neither Verizon nor Samsung can offer any advice other than obtain a certified like-new device or take the phone back to best buy and ask for a replacement new phone.

If you've tried all of that, get a new one.