I know this may be silly to some, but for me its super annoying. If I'm in the middle of no where and a customer calls me and asked to pull up their estimate on my email, I can't even do it while on the phone anymore. Surfing the net and stuff while on the phone isn't the end of the world. But... something that interferes with my daily business and sales calls sure does. This is odd to me because none of my other galaxy phones ever did this. Check it out in the screenshot below:
    Biggest gripe with S6 so far..anyone else having a problem with email?-screenshot_2015-06-13-14-35-07.jpg
    06-14-2015 04:19 AM
    Weird, it works fine for me on data only with WiFi off, may be carrier or region specific? I am in the UK on Tesco mobile.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-14-2015 04:38 AM
    You must be on Verizon. From what I understand, the Verizon S6 only has one radio instead of 2 as with past phones. The radio handles voice calls over the data connection, so no browsing while talking, unless your connected to WiFi.

06-14-2015 05:58 AM
    Yup I'm in Verizon. That sucks!
    06-14-2015 06:09 AM
    Yup I'm in Verizon. That sucks!
    Don't feel bad. Us Sprint users are in the same boat.
    06-14-2015 06:32 AM
    It only works if you are on an HD call. My wife has the turbo and I was just browsing the web while on the phone with her. I called my work phone which is a basic flip phone and could not do both.

Posted via Android Central App nexus 7
    06-14-2015 09:43 AM
    Turn on advanced calling or VoLTE. Now you'll be able to serf and speak at the same time.

jcp007 likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:05 AM
    As said above, enable advanced calling in the settings and also make sure that the advanced calling feature is on your plan. When on 4GLTE, you can talk and surf simultaneously. When on 3g,you can not talk and surf simultaneously

Sent from my Verizon LG G4
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-14-2015 10:15 AM
    Last year I intended to buy three Galaxy S5. I was with Sprint and my son cancelled the order.At this time Consumer Reports came out with a warning that because of Sprints tri-band network all their new phones ,regardless of make or model, would only have one antenna instead of the usual two. This was due to having three radios needed in each phone taking up so much space. I immediately went over to T-Mobile who paid off my ECF of $770 and got three S5s each having two antennas. I did not know Verizon had this problem also, but I do not go near to AT&T and Verizon (dumb and dumber) because of their prices/policies.
    06-14-2015 10:15 AM
    It only works if you are on an HD call. My wife has the turbo and I was just browsing the web while on the phone with her. I called my work phone which is a basic flip phone and could not do both.

Well scratch this off the list, I called my wife and it was a regular call and could not use the web. Yet when she calls me its HD and can... Yeah this is weird..

06-14-2015 11:01 AM
    Well scratch this off the list, I called my wife and it was a regular call and could not use the web. Yet when she calls me its HD and can... Yeah this is weird..

I have the Droid Turbo and it is the same way, but it works with Advanced Calling enabled in your settings. Did you enable Advanced Calling? It is also suggested you go to the Verizon website and log into your account and make sure Advanced Calling is enabled. Also, it works on ALL calls, regardless of who you call. As mentioned, the Turbo works the same way. All that is required is that you are in a 4G area, AC is enabled on your phone, and you have enabled it on the website. You do not have to be on an HD call.
    06-14-2015 06:19 PM