I have been waiting for this to happen. A few days it got close. The closest I got was six hours and 52 minutes. Then today it happened. I reached the seven hour mark of on screen time. Yes ok I'm making a deal about it but considering my phone only got 3-4 hours of on screen time when I first got it I'm very impressed. My boyfriend meanwhile who is a total apple fanboy and has a cousin who had a bad experience with battery drain on the S6 typically says "it will go back to being bad again" lol
    Attached Thumbnails Very Impressed- It Finally Happened-1434274983531.jpg   Very Impressed- It Finally Happened-1434274994821.jpg  
    chezm likes this.
    06-14-2015 04:43 AM
    Dont know why this obsessed on SoT. Just use the phone normal and as long it get through the day and why care SoT?
    06-14-2015 06:34 AM
    Dont know why this obsessed on SoT. Just use the phone normal and as long it get through the day and why care SoT?
    Agreed but the sot thing is starting to slow down on this forum its usually a big deal when a new phone comes out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-14-2015 07:02 AM
    I have been waiting for this to happen. A few days it got close. The closest I got was six hours and 52 minutes. Then today it happened. I reached the seven hour mark of on screen time. Yes ok I'm making a deal about it but considering my phone only got 3-4 hours of on screen time when I first got it I'm very impressed. My boyfriend meanwhile who is a total apple fanboy and has a cousin who had a bad experience with battery drain on the S6 typically says "it will go back to being bad again" lol
    So did you do what I suggested and it stopped the Google Play Services from keeping awake your device?
    06-14-2015 08:05 AM
    So did you do what I suggested and it stopped the Google Play Services from keeping awake your device?
    How is this change done?
    06-14-2015 12:28 PM
    How do I get this many hours? the most I got was 3:30 of SoT
    06-14-2015 01:24 PM
    How is this change done?
    The following was what I suggested to him/her but it's what I always suggest when the issue is Google Play Services, until Google finally fixes the issue.

"Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services. "
    06-14-2015 01:45 PM
    The following was what I suggested to him/her but it's what I always suggest when the issue is Google Play Services, until Google finally fixes the issue.

"Go to Application Manager on Settings, and in the All tab look for Google services Framework and Play services and clear cache and Force stop both of them. That should stop the bleeding but it may come back after a reboot or any other Update of any of the related Google services.

One other thing you can do is going to the same menu in Application Manager and Uninstall all Google Play Services update, then go to the Play store and install latest version or wait for any of the errors you'll begin seeing in the notification bar telling you to update Play services. "
    Does this inhibit any the device functionality or performance?
    06-14-2015 02:09 PM
    I'm getting amazing battery life on my S6 Active.
    06-14-2015 02:24 PM
    I'm getting amazing battery life on my S6 Active.
    That's cool. If the active was on vz I would sell my edge in a second and get it.

06-14-2015 02:31 PM
    Yeah because you wouldn't care that you got seven hours per charge after only originally getting three or four
    06-14-2015 02:34 PM
    Yes I did. Here's hoping it helps. Again I really appreciate your help
    erasat likes this.
    06-14-2015 02:35 PM
    No, you are just "resetting" the service.
    06-14-2015 03:53 PM
    Yeah but you won't lose anything. You'll have to sync Google contacts again. I honestly didn't notice any difference as far as battery life
    06-14-2015 04:10 PM
    Wow that's awesome! My SoT always ends up at a max of 4.5 hours . Mostly google play services eats my battery. Does anyone know how to stop it massive drain without having to turn off location?

Attached Thumbnails Very Impressed- It Finally Happened-screenshot_2015-06-14-14-43-33.jpg  
    06-14-2015 04:45 PM
    Wow that's awesome! My SoT always ends up at a max of 4.5 hours . Mostly google play services eats my battery. Does anyone know how to stop it massive drain without having to turn off location?

I wish I could help you in regards to the location settings. I have my GPS and location settings switched off at all times on my phone. Maybe someone else will be able to help you
    06-14-2015 06:35 PM