I just traded my Samsung s4 for s6...got home and it will not accept my password for my secure wifi....tells me it is wrong...It is the same one that is used on every phone in this house.and it works on them...what is the problem....any help will be greatly appreciated
    06-14-2015 05:56 PM
    Bring it back and ask the store associate to connect to the store's secure wifi. If it doesn't, get another phone. Have it checked in the store before accepting it.

If it does work in the store, change your wifi encryption to AES if it's TKIP or TKIP+AES. That usually doesn't stop connecting, it just slows the connection so much that dial up seems super fast, but it could make the connection so slow that the router drops the connection request.
    msyank likes this.
    06-14-2015 06:09 PM
    Do you know how to get into your WiFi router settings? It is possible you have enabled WiFi MAC address filter, so it will only allow devices where you have OK'd their MAC address to be accepted by the router. If it is on, turn it off in the router settings to see if this corrects the problem. I have WiFi MAC address filtering on and forgot about it. Had a family member visit my house and we tried for hours to get the WiFi connected and finally realized this was the problem.
    msyank likes this.
    06-14-2015 06:09 PM