Screen died, any way to mirror phone?

lisamaryxoxo

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
So I dropped my phone a couple days ago, it started off black in the one corner and eventually the whole screen came to it as well. I've looked and looked online and haven't really found any help to "mirroring" my phone to the computer (unless I've been searching it wrong) so I can access my stuff. The phone still works, just can't see anything.
I've already used my insurance and will be receiving my new phone tomorrow in the mail. My biggest thing is I can't use the smart switch since I can't see it and transfer EVERYTHING to my new phone. Should I get a usb otg converter to somehow hook up to my computer?
Help anyone??!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
So I dropped my phone a couple days ago, it started off black in the one corner and eventually the whole screen came to it as well. I've looked and looked online and haven't really found any help to "mirroring" my phone to the computer (unless I've been searching it wrong) so I can access my stuff. The phone still works, just can't see anything.
I've already used my insurance and will be receiving my new phone tomorrow in the mail. My biggest thing is I can't use the smart switch since I can't see it and transfer EVERYTHING to my new phone. Should I get a usb otg converter to somehow hook up to my computer?
Help anyone??!

You had a couple of good cable-less options but as far as I know most if not all of them must be initiated from the phone, not been able to see the screen will be a hard task. SideSync is a Great alternative, AirDroid will also help but you must turn them on on both devices in order to work, I think Screen Mirroring should have also worked if you set it to automatically connect to your TV, etc...

I was going to suggest you to get a USB-HDMI adapter but then I remembered that it seems that our phones (S6/S6 edge) have no HDMI support, for some strange reason it was removed by Samsung, at least that's what it was noted when they were released.

Sorry, but it doesn't look too good for you, unless your carrier has some other tool that they may use I don't know if you will be able to do other than just connect your phone to a PC and copy manually your files (Photos, videos, music and other folders you can later transfer to your new phone), plus you can always try Smart Switch for PC, it should copy all your files and do a Backup of your actual phone, then it can be restore to your new one. Look in this forum for a thread I created back in April or look in Google for it.