06-20-2015 06:28 AM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I'm on Verizon and I have never had that issue at all since day one with the release of this phone

Posted via the Android Central App
    I know people with Verizon/ATT they both have the Cell Standby issues (S6/S6E). I also know someone with T-mobile (S6) without cell standby issues.

I myself suffer from both memory management issues, and cellstandby issues even after update.
    06-15-2015 12:42 PM
    I'm on Verizon and I have never had that issue at all since day one with the release of this phone

Not all have -- Just like not all T-Mobile users experience it... But if you look around the forums each carrier variant has reported the issue.
    06-15-2015 12:42 PM
    Might be placebo effect but battery life seems better. I updated then went to sleep with full battery and woke up 5 hours later with 98 percent battery. Still too soon to say for sure.
    06-15-2015 01:20 PM
    Does anyone know if you can change the shutter speed

06-15-2015 02:41 PM
    I know people with Verizon/ATT they both have the Cell Standby issues (S6/S6E). I also know someone with T-mobile (S6) without cell standby issues.

I myself suffer from both memory management issues, and cellstandby issues even after update.
    Cell standby issue(s) typically are seen in areas with weak cell signal. The mobile radio has to ratchet up the transmit power in these weak areas to maintain connection.

i.e. I updated my phone to 5.1.1 this AM. All day, cell standby did not even show up in my battery usage log (I was in good signal pretty much all day). I got home an hour ago (where I have pathetic signal) and within 1 hour cell standby 5%.

I've done similar tests when I was on 5.0.2 and pretty much was able to associate poor signal with the cell standby issue. BTW, I leave VoLTE on.
    06-15-2015 05:34 PM
    Cell standby issue(s) typically are seen in areas with weak cell signal. The mobile radio has to ratchet up the transmit power in these weak areas to maintain connection.

i.e. I updated my phone to 5.1.1 this AM. All day, cell standby did not even show up in my battery usage log (I was in good signal pretty much all day). I got home an hour ago (where I have pathetic signal) and within 1 hour cell standby 5%.

I've done similar tests when I was on 5.0.2 and pretty much was able to associate poor signal with the cell standby issue. BTW, I leave VoLTE on.
    It's interesting you say that because after updating to 5.1.1 cell standby has become my highest battery drain.

Sitting on full bars...

I'm gonna try doing a factory reset and see if that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy S6.
    06-15-2015 05:41 PM
    Same issue here (I'm using an S6Edge - posted in this thread as it's more active than the edge forum).

I updated this morning, and cell standby is currently at 22percent. I've had wifi on while home, and shut it off when I was out and about much of the day.

The standby issue has been non existent for me since I've shut off wifi calling, voice over LTE and smart network switch months ago. Now it's back

Attached Thumbnails TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now-1118.jpg  
    06-15-2015 06:23 PM
    It's interesting you say that because after updating to 5.1.1 cell standby has become my highest battery drain.

Sitting on full bars...
    https://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06...2706fb105f.jpg

I'm gonna try doing a factory reset and see if that helps.

Sent from my Galaxy S6.
    Did you do the Wipe cache Partition in Recovery mode? Try what I'm posting below.

Same issue here (I'm using an S6Edge - posted in this thread as it's more active than the edge forum).

I updated this morning, and cell standby is currently at 22percent. I've had wifi on while home, and shut it off when I was out and about much of the day.

The standby issue has been non existent for me since I've shut off wifi calling, voice over LTE and smart network switch months ago. Now it's back

I replied to you in the edge forum's thread, try about the wifi calling, but also, have you done the Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode?
    06-15-2015 06:41 PM
    Did you do the Wipe cache Partition in Recovery mode? Try what I'm posting below.

I replied to you in the edge forum's thread, try about the wifi calling, but also, have you done the Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode?
    Yes it was the first thing I did after updating. I even checked my settings to see if anything was turned on after the update. Everything was how I had it before.

Sent from my Galaxy S6.
    06-15-2015 06:50 PM
    Yes it was the first thing I did after updating. I even checked my settings to see if anything was turned on after the update. Everything was how I had it before.

Sent from my Galaxy S6.
    It seems that way but believe me, if it doesn't say Disabled when looking to it from the Call settings menu, it isn't, just enter to the wifi calling and turn it on and off again, then you'll see that it shows as disabled.
    06-15-2015 06:58 PM

Source? So far from my experience and others who have this phone it does not matter. In fact it doesn't even matter if you are connected to Wifi or not. As long as the wifi switch is on, as well as WiFi calling/VOLTE if you are affected then Cell Standby will be high.

My friend on T-mobile is doing the same thing I am. Turning off the above features when not needed.
    06-15-2015 07:36 PM
    It seems that way but believe me, if it doesn't say Disabled when looking to it from the Call settings menu, it isn't, just enter to the wifi calling and turn it on and off again, then you'll see that it shows as disabled.
    It's definitely off..... After the update, I went through everything that was originally claimed to be causing the standby issue (network switch, voice over LTE, wifi calling, etc.). I'm now up to 26% and my phone has just been sitting here for the last hour not touched.

I also have a strong wifi signal, and 4 bars for cell service.

06-15-2015 08:00 PM
    Can anyone report any positives they have found with this update?
    drone3 likes this.
    06-15-2015 08:09 PM
    Does anyone know if you can change the shutter speed

no raw, no shutter speed
    06-15-2015 08:15 PM
    All I want to do is delete this double post. Don't see how to do it! Carry on.
    06-15-2015 08:27 PM
    Might be placebo effect but battery life seems better. I updated then went to sleep with full battery and woke up 5 hours later with 98 percent battery. Still too soon to say for sure.
    I would be thrilled with that! Looking forward to this update.
    06-15-2015 08:30 PM
    You know what's strange its back down to about 1% battery usage and I didn't even to do what you said yet.

Maybe it just needed some time to adjust after the update?

Sent from my Galaxy S6.
    06-15-2015 08:34 PM
    I must say my cell standby seems to be going crazy too. This is definitely not an improvement in battery management. I think I like the phone better before the update.
    Attached Thumbnails TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now-1434422933925.jpg  
    06-15-2015 09:48 PM
    I'm up to 34% cell standby drain and I basically haven't been using my phone today (my last day home with my 2 week old daughter) before I go back to work from my paternity leave.

I'm scared to see what happens once I'm using the phone all day.

Who do I complain to? TMO? Samsung? Google?

I've already wiped cache twice.... Might factory reset tomorrow morning unless anyone has any other suggestions. It just really bothers me that I've had Zero Cell Standby issues before this update.

06-15-2015 09:57 PM
    Forgot attachment on above post....

Attached Thumbnails TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now-1119.jpg  
    06-15-2015 09:58 PM
    Can anyone report any positives they have found with this update?
    The device seems smoother, probably because I also wiped the phone. Battery life too soon to say anything. You are now able to remove s-finder and quick connect from the notification shade.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    06-15-2015 10:02 PM
    I'm also now getting cell standby issues even without WiFi off. This has never happened to me prior to the patch unless I had WiFi activated with wifi calling and VoLTE.
    06-16-2015 08:12 AM
    As I have said in the past -- If it was specifically only a T-Mobile issue then why have AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint users also reported the "Cell Standby" bug -- I am not saying T-Mobile's version may not have issues .. Just saying Cell Standby isn't only on the T-Mobile variant.
    Oh I agree to a point. Even I can replicate the cell standby bug if I have everything turned on full blast (wifi scanning always, location history on, VoLTE on, etc). But my worst cell standby on a single charge was 16%.

But in no way could I ever replicate the extreme cell standby issues that will be had when wifi calling and VoLTE is turned on with a T-Mobile device that gets anywhere from 30%-60% cell standby on a single charge. THAT is what I'm talking about that needs to change, and it will only change once T-Mobile fixes the wifi calling/VoLTE issue in their software. (one person in just this thread is claiming 5% per hour of cell standby. That's 30% in just 6 hours. No, I can't replicate that at all, and I've never seen anyone on any other carriers replicate that as well.)

Below is a pic of my worst cell standby that I got with everything on full blast and both ADM and Samsung Security turned on and running. 5 hours of SoT while gaming and YouTube/web.

Attached Thumbnails TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now-139.jpg  
    06-16-2015 08:41 AM
    I'm also now getting cell standby issues even without WiFi off. This has never happened to me prior to the patch unless I had WiFi activated with wifi calling and VoLTE.
    Try clearing the cache partition.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-16-2015 08:42 AM
    Try clearing the cache partition.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    I have a feeling that some here are experiencing a glitch. Clearing the cashe partition may or may not help. They might have to re-turn on and then off some settings and that should work.

06-16-2015 08:55 AM
142 12345 ...