06-20-2015 06:28 AM
142 ... 3456
tools
    I can vouch for this because after I updated for some odd reason the things I disabled was enabled again

Posted via the Android Central App on the Galaxy S6

EDIT: Referring to Erasat's post
    06-16-2015 08:50 PM
    I have an issue after the new update...I disabled the hangout app but after the update it says the app was stopped or whatever that message said... I've gotten it two times now

06-16-2015 09:19 PM
    I have an issue after the new update...I disabled the hangout app but after the update it says the app was stopped or whatever that message said... I've gotten it two times now

Go to Application Manager and look for the app and clear cache first, if it still gives you errors then also clears it's data.
    06-16-2015 09:29 PM
    Go to Application Manager and look for the app and clear cache first, if it still gives you errors then also clears it's data.
    The thing is before the update it was disabled already, but I'll give it a try

06-16-2015 09:37 PM

I wonder if it's a 5.1.1 issue... Reason I wonder is because I get the same pop up on my Nexus 7 tablet.. And it doesn't even have Google Hangouts on it.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2015 09:47 PM

Me too, exact same thing. I had hangouts disabled and it was still throwing off error messages. I enabled it even though I don't use it and it had and update and hasn't had any errors since this morning.
    06-17-2015 12:31 AM
    That's Google trying to push it's apps on us forcing you to either update and/or enable it. Almost as bad as Apple. Not quite but getting there.

06-17-2015 08:53 AM
    That's Google trying to push it's apps on us forcing you to either update and/or enable it. Almost as bad as Apple. Not quite but getting there.

It's even worse when you get the same error on a wifi tablet that you can't even install hangouts ON! "Unfortunately, hangouts has stopped"

06-17-2015 09:28 AM
    Still havent updated from 4.4.2 kit kat on my S5 everytime i check is says latest updates already installed

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    06-17-2015 09:43 AM
    Still havent updated from 4.4.2 kit kat on my S5 everytime i check is says latest updates already installed

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk
    This thread is for the S6. I don't know where the S5 is with updates?
    06-17-2015 09:47 AM
    This update fixes the problem with the night clock, for those that had a problem with the screen not going totally black, but was kind of grey scale
    06-17-2015 12:51 PM
    All that update did for me is destroy my battery. I'm literally losing one percentage of battery life per minute. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! What the [language removed by mod]????? Now the cell standby is eating up my battery... thought I'd never say it, but it may be time to leave Samsung and Android after many years. They need to get this [language removed by mod] fixed, and I mean now!!! This is freaking uncalled for...

Posted using letters from my keyboard on the Galaxy S6
    06-18-2015 10:33 AM
    All that update did for me is destroy my battery. I'm literally losing one percentage of battery life per minute. This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! What the [language removed by mod]????? Now the cell standby is eating up my battery... thought I'd never say it, but it may be time to leave Samsung and Android after many years. They need to get this [language removed by mod] fixed, and I mean now!!! This is freaking uncalled for...

Try clearing the cache partition or a reset.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    06-18-2015 10:40 AM
    I've already wiped it, but haven't done the factory reset due to the fact that it's a hassle. Maybe do it later today. The fact is, nobody should have to deal with this cap if these clowns would just get it right the first time! I mean, really??? We can't release an update that fixes issues without ruining the rest of the phone?

06-18-2015 10:47 AM
    Factory reset didn't do anything for me. Been a few days and still no improvement. My experience has actually gotten worse. I'm just gonna look into getting rid of my S6 possibly. Don't feel like waiting another two months or more for an update that won't fix anything.
    06-18-2015 01:08 PM
    Factory reset didn't do anything for me. Been a few days and still no improvement. My experience has actually gotten worse. I'm just gonna look into getting rid of my S6 possibly. Don't feel like waiting another two months or more for an update that won't fix anything.
    Same for me. The update actually made my battery and performance worse. I'll give it a little more time but im seriously considering leaving the S6 and Android all together. Seems like they always take 1 step forward and 2 steps back.
    06-18-2015 03:22 PM
    The issue isn't with Samsung, the Galaxy S6 itself is a awesome phone. The problem is with Google's Lollipop software, doesn't matter what version of it your on, or the type of phone you have, or who made it. Lollipop may look great, but it runs like a POS. Many android users on Lollipop have experienced all kinds of issues. The link below is the 2nd biggest thread on the Google Android forum. Just read through it and I'm sure you will find the same issue you have already complained about. I've posted several already....

https://code.google.com/p/android/is...tail?id=165558
    06-18-2015 03:50 PM
    It gets better battery life than my Evo... Does more stuff and I use it a lot more, too.

06-18-2015 03:55 PM
    It seems Google likes to keep software in beta. Lollipop is one of them.

06-18-2015 04:50 PM
    The issue isn't with Samsung, the Galaxy S6 itself is a awesome phone. The problem is with Google's Lollipop software, doesn't matter what version of it your on, or the type of phone you have, or who made it. Lollipop may look great, but it runs like a POS. Many android users on Lollipop have experienced all kinds of issues. The link below is the 2nd biggest thread on the Google Android forum. Just read through it and I'm sure you will find the same issue you have already complained about. I've posted several already....

I am seeing a lot of Nexus posts. I can say on my International G4 the Google Services app is definitely not near the top of my drain. It is usually screen and other things -- GPS can get up there if my phone is receiving tons of emails and sitting idle (I get a ton a day) but I would say that could be normal due to it being used.

Nothing like the 65%+ those shots are showing. That would be horrible.
    06-18-2015 04:53 PM
    Anyone else think Tmobile is rushing these things out way to fast? First the phone which had issues now 5.1.1 which has issues. They should spend more time testing these things instead of trying to be first out with everything.
    06-18-2015 05:24 PM
    Darn. No Guest mode on the TMO version
    06-18-2015 05:25 PM
    Anyone else think Tmobile is rushing these things out way to fast? First the phone which had issues now 5.1.1 which has issues. They should spend more time testing these things instead of trying to be first out with everything.
    Even though the wait is unbearable, I am glad AT&T is taking their time.
    06-18-2015 08:55 PM

No, part of the problem is Samsung. The M9 does not have the memory management issues this phone has despite running Lollipop. This has already been proven.
    06-18-2015 08:55 PM
    Your absolutely right my friend! Don't know if Tmobile or Google holds the most to blame, but they sure are acting like a first year run company...

clintw22 likes this.
    06-18-2015 09:53 PM
142 ... 3456