TMO lollipop 5.1 rolling out now

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I just checked and it started downloading 630mb of something. I read on another site the update was rolling out so I checked and sure enough it is.

Last edited:

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: TMO lollipop 5.1

I'm probably the wrong person to be one of the first to get it. I have no idea what to expect or look for and probably won't notice any difference. It's installing now, a message said it will take about 10 minutes.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Yes, finally, just finish rebooting, so can't post any changes for now.

PEOPLE REMEMBER, do a Wipe Cache Partition in Recovery mode after the update.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

You guys are the test subjects!! :)

Glad it's rolling out. Let us know if it helps some of the ailings 5.0.2 brought us!!

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Been able to finally get rid of the S Finder and Quick Connect options on the Notification Bar... Priceless.

Cajun_Fan

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Been able to finally get rid of the S Finder and Quick Connect options on the Notification Bar... Priceless.

So did you just do a clear cache after the update, or did you do a factory data reset since it updated from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1?

Just wondering what would be the best for me when Verizon eventually releases it for me.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Kudos to Samsung for doing this so quickly. I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure this is the only non-Nexus device (and maybe Moto) that has 5.1.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
According to a few comments on xda, this update still disappointingly doesn't fix memory management problems and apps get reloaded far too quickly. I'm hoping some of you guys getting the update can give us some feedback soon, this issue is my main gripe with this otherwise fantastic phone.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

So did you just do a clear cache after the update, or did you do a factory data reset since it updated from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1?

Just wondering what would be the best for me when Verizon eventually releases it for me.

I'm doing just the Wipe cache Partition, it's the least you should do, for some, after a major update, a Factory Reset should be done, but I don't think this one should be consider a major one.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
According to a few comments on xda, this update still disappointingly doesn't fix memory management problems and apps get reloaded far too quickly. I'm hoping some of you guys getting the update can give us some feedback soon, this issue is my main gripe with this otherwise fantastic phone.

Well, they said that they found a fix for this and it was going to be incorporated into this new build, so it will be a mistake not doing it. If it's incorporated and it still doesn't fix the issue then that's another story. I can't tell as I haven't noticed the issue on mine, maybe because of my OCD, I'm just always closing my background apps anyway .

sLithery

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully it comes soon to Germany. :) Btw my phone is from O2 and my SIM is from Telekom. From which firm do I get the update?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance