I switched my phone over to touchwiz to see if it would make a difference to facebook not working properly or not being able to download facebook messenger from the Google Play Store and on my home page appeared all of the app icons of apps I had previously uninstalled. I am so confused right now and really wish people would actually respond to posts instead of just reading
    06-15-2015 03:45 AM
    I switched my phone over to touchwiz to see if it would make a difference to facebook not working properly or not being able to download facebook messenger from the Google Play Store and on my home page appeared all of the app icons of apps I had previously uninstalled. I am so confused right now and really wish people would actually respond to posts instead of just reading
    If you made a back up of your launcher settings, you can just revert back to your launcher and everything should return to how you had it set up before.

dreaming of electric sheep
    06-15-2015 03:51 AM
    If you made a back up of your launcher settings, you can just revert back to your launcher and everything should return to how you had it set up before.

I didn't make a backup. I honestly think I'm going to just have to take the plunge and do a factory reset. All these apps icons have appeared on my home page for apps I have uninstalled on my phone weeks ago
    06-15-2015 03:53 AM
    For Facebook not working try to think what you did different to the phone before it changed or try narrow down other potential causes

Did you try uninstall Facebook?
    Could it be your task killer preventing messenger from working?

06-15-2015 03:55 AM
    For Facebook not working try to think what you did different to the phone before it changed or try narrow down other potential causes

Did you try uninstall Facebook?
    Could it be your task killer preventing messenger from working?

No. I get an error message saying the app is not compatible with my device. It didn't even show up in the play store. This phone has gone haywire. I hate this phone
    06-15-2015 03:56 AM
    I didn't make a backup. I honestly think I'm going to just have to take the plunge and do a factory reset. All these apps icons have appeared on my home page for apps I have uninstalled on my phone weeks ago
    Unless you have root, I don't think the apps actually uninstall, they just get disabled and hidden.

06-15-2015 03:57 AM
    Unless you have root, I don't think the apps actually uninstall, they just get disabled and hidden.

I'm telling you. This phone is messed up
    Attached Thumbnails My phone is having major issues-1434358695397.jpg  
    06-15-2015 03:58 AM
    Try this

1. Uninstall task killer
    2. Turn on all power toggles like sync, location, etc...
    3. Reboot and clear cache

Let us know if this fixes the Facebook issue

06-15-2015 04:03 AM
    Try this

1. Uninstall task killer
    2. Turn on all power toggles like sync, location, etc...
    3. Reboot and clear cache

Let us know if this fixes the Facebook issue

I'm about to lose it. Even the facebook app on the play store isn't the full app and why the hell do I have all the icons for all apps I have previously uninstalled on my home page
    06-15-2015 04:06 AM
    This phone lost the plot. Right now I'm backing my pictures up to one drive to do a factory reset
    06-15-2015 04:19 AM
    Can someone please tell me how to perform a correct factory reset?
    06-15-2015 04:30 AM
    Can someone please tell me how to perform a correct factory reset?
    I will try my best.

First power off your phone. After it is fully powered off, do this:

Press and hold volume up key, press and hold home button and then press and hold Power button.

Once you see the screen that says Galaxy S6, the next screen should be a light blue screen, let go of the buttons.

You should see a android guy standing for a short while, then he'll change to be on his back with a x above him, then a menu should appear.

Use volume down till you get to the factory reset, then press the power button. After it is done, it should be highlighting the reboot, press power button on he reboot and it should reboot and you will have to do all the seup like when you first got it.
    06-15-2015 04:58 AM
    Settings/Personal/Backup and Reset.
    drone3 likes this.
    06-15-2015 05:26 AM
    For the icons on all the pages, if you have the setting checked in the play store where it puts it on ur home pages after you download a app it'll do that by itself and since it sounds like u had another launcher installed, you didn't see them until you switched back to TouchWiz so that's normal.
    06-15-2015 06:42 AM
    I'm about to lose it. Even the facebook app on the play store isn't the full app and why the hell do I have all the icons for all apps I have previously uninstalled on my home page
    Don't factory reset yet, you're right, it doesn't make sense, but both things have an easier solution.

Just go to your Applications Manager on Settings and in the ALL tab look for Touchwiz Home, just Force Stop and Clear Data, this should reset your TouchWiz launcher to Factory settings without Factory reset.

After that, go to recovery mode and do a Wipe Cache Partition instead of the Factory reset, at least not yet, this System Files Cache reset fixed tons of weird issues.

For last, forget about not been able to download Facebook Messenger from the PlayStore, if it doesn't get fixed after the above, just download and sideload it from this link, BTW, it's safe to install.
    06-15-2015 08:45 AM
    I took the plunge and factory reset my phone. Everything is now back to normal except for battery life which seems to have improved
    jcp007 likes this.
    06-15-2015 07:21 PM
    I took the plunge and factory reset my phone. Everything is now back to normal except for battery life which seems to have improved
    That's awesome, everything happens for a reason, what are you getting like 8hrs SOT?

06-15-2015 07:23 PM
    That's awesome, everything happens for a reason, what are you getting like 8hrs SOT?

Five hours 45 minutes screen on time today but I have Samsung, Google and Twitter syncing all still on and all notifications switched on. None of which I did before too get only about 5-6 hours of battery life. The phone was at 3 and a half hours of screen on time at 50%
    06-15-2015 11:18 PM
    OK this phone is back to acting weird again. It lost 4% of battery power from 100-96% in two minutes and is gaining the battery back just as quickly. I may need to get this phone replaced

Edit: and now it's back to normal. Weird
    06-16-2015 01:30 AM