Why does my Galaxy S6 have a continual Bluetooth recognition?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 continual Bluetooth recognition

My new S6 doesn't recognize my Bluetooth in the car each time. I can easily pair it but each time I turn the car off, I have to re-enter the pairing code. Doesn't seem right. My S4 was paired once and then each time I got in the car and put it on Bluetooth, it connected. Suggestions?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 continual Bluetooth recognition

Try unpairing (deleting) from car and on the phone then try to repair them.

Posted via the Android Central App

bbtkd

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site

There seem to be lots of reports of bluetooth not remaining connected on the S6, though likely a software issue with 5.0.1 and 5.0.2. Lots of advice regarding how to clear it but seems to recur. I have had this - my Zenwatch and my car stereo can't stay connected. Did not have this issue with my S4. Android 5.1 is supposed to be largely a fix release, so hopefully they'll sort out bluetooth issues...

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Having same problems with my Zenwatch and my car stereo with my S6 have tried everything including a factory reset (at the suggestion of samsung support) and nothing seems to fix it permanently. It will work for a few days and then stop, to connect to the car, I often have to go into the bluetooth menu on the phone and tap on my car stereo to get it to connect - why isn't it connecting automatically? And the watch....don't get me started on the watch. All day long "disconnected" "connected" "disconnected" "connected" frustrating as ****.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

My new S6 doesn't recognize my Bluetooth in the car each time. I can easily pair it but each time I turn the car off, I have to re-enter the pairing code. Doesn't seem right. My S4 was paired once and then each time I got in the car and put it on Bluetooth, it connected. Suggestions?

On AT&T, no BT issues bonding with my vehicle since launch day. If you've tried gator352 advice, done a soft reboot, cleared the cache partition and a device reset as well as working with carrier tech support, depending upon when you purchased your device, exchange it at the store or do a warranty exchange.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton