06-21-2015 11:51 AM
46 12
tools
    Haha I guess. I heard from a friend of mine that his S6E actually survived three chest-leveled falls already, but I think I won't be that lucky when I do get mine, I'd hate to use a rugged case too, guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there...
    Otterbox Symmetry case for the GS6E and either the Defender or the Fre cases for the GS6. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender. There is also a video in the Fre thread or the case sticky thread.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-18-2015 12:12 PM
    Otterbox Symmetry case for the GS6E and either the Defender or the Fre cases for the GS6. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender. There is also a video in the Fre thread or the case sticky thread.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device
    Otterbox might not make the cut for my budget, any other recommendations?
    06-20-2015 01:11 AM
    Top 6 cases for Samsung Galaxy S6 edge | Android Central

Number 1 or Number 4 in the above article for the GS6E

https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop...laxy-s-6-edge/
    06-20-2015 04:33 AM
    Top 6 best cases for Samsung Galaxy S6 | Android Central

Number 3 and 4 if not Otterbox.

One thing to consider is how secure each device appears and feels in terms of securing an expensive device.

https://www.goballisticcase.com/shop...ng-galaxy-s-6/
    06-20-2015 04:37 AM
    Yeah I was thinking bout that too, will try and save for it thanks for the help and advices! Finally ordered one, hopefully I'll get it by next week, Saturday.
    06-20-2015 09:37 AM
    I'm very much enjoying my s6 edge. Few stutters here and there if I'm using stock launcher, but very rare. If I'm using nova pretty much non existent. Battery life is the best for any phone I have ever had and the build is absolutely fantastic. Only other phone I have owned that I have enjoyed the build so much is the nexus 4. Bought The edge for my girl and she loves it. Overall fantastic phone.
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-20-2015 10:16 AM
    Yeah I was thinking bout that too, will try and save for it thanks for the help and advices! Finally ordered one, hopefully I'll get it by next week, Saturday.
    Hit us back with feedback when you have the case on the phone. Enjoy both.
    06-20-2015 10:30 AM
    Hit us back with feedback when you have the case on the phone. Enjoy both.
    Btw just wanted to make sure... After I update it immediately to Lollipop 5.1 should I factory reset it?
    06-20-2015 06:54 PM
    Btw just wanted to make sure... After I update it immediately to Lollipop 5.1 should I factory reset it?
    Clearing the cache patriot should be fine.
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-20-2015 09:35 PM
    I've actually found my s6 edge zipper than my tab s 8.4

Ohhh touchwiz

Posted via the Android Central App
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-20-2015 10:26 PM
    For me, there is lag if you don't restart the phone once every day or two. It's the RAM issue that many people are experiencing. I really...really hope Samsung addresses this soon.
    06-21-2015 02:23 AM
    For me, there is lag if you don't restart the phone once every day or two. It's the RAM issue that many people are experiencing. I really...really hope Samsung addresses this soon.
    I don't have this issue at all, not even close. Most don't as well. It's not about the ram or memory leak that is causing your issue. I would try a factory reset and if that don't help, exchange it.

06-21-2015 02:40 AM
    Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean it does not affect others. It's a well-documented problem that many sites have reported on:
    Galaxy S6 exhibiting overzealous RAM management, report users

There's even huge threads on XDA about the problem. Is it Lollipop? Is it Samsung? I'm not sure but every app needs to reload when I open it because it was closed by the over-aggressive RAM management.
    06-21-2015 02:47 AM
    Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean it does not affect others. It's a well-documented problem that many sites have reported on:
    Galaxy S6 exhibiting overzealous RAM management, report users

There's even huge threads on XDA about the problem. Is it Lollipop? Is it Samsung? I'm not sure but every app needs to reload when I open it because it was closed by the over-aggressive RAM management.
    What you are describing is not called lag as stated in your original post.

06-21-2015 02:54 AM
    What you are describing is not called lag as stated in your original post.

It causes the phone to "lag" because apps become slow and unresponsive due to the RAM issue. Either way, it's sub-optimal and unacceptable!
    06-21-2015 02:55 AM
    Well I don't have the regular s6...I have the AT&T black Active.

Coming from the LG g4 as I did I was worried about the storage issue and the non-removable battery. While it is my preference to have these things, I still elected to get this one. Storage can be added on externally and the bigger battery is sweet.

As to how well the phone works it is superb. Granted I have the bigger battery but from researching this forum have been able to double the Sot and standby time with mine. It just takes some weeding through the settings and setting it up correctly to get it.

I looked closely at the regular s6 and edge but wanted the physical buttons and waterproofing this one offers.. Both of those look great though.

Mine has zero lag and is blazing fast and sounds frigging awesome through my ear buds, enough so that I just ordered some Sennheiser Momentum ear buds for my music and movies.

I am quite certain that you will enjoy the phone

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active
    erasat likes this.
    06-21-2015 07:58 AM

Coming from the LG g4 as I did I was worried about the storage issue and the non-removable battery. While it is my preference to have these things, I still elected to get this one. Storage can be added on externally and the bigger battery is sweet.

As to how well the phone works it is superb. Granted I have the bigger battery but from researching this forum have been able to double the Sot and standby time with mine. It just takes some weeding through the settings and setting it up correctly to get it.

I looked closely at the regular s6 and edge but wanted the physical buttons and waterproofing this one offers.. Both of those look great though.

Mine has zero lag and is blazing fast and sounds frigging awesome through my ear buds, enough so that I just ordered some Sennheiser Momentum ear buds for my music and movies.

I have the Sennheiser wireless earphones which are awesome. QC20 earbuds sound great as well.
    06-21-2015 08:05 AM

This would've also been my choice but I'm pretty sure S6A won't be released on my country same as how the S5A wasn't released here.
    06-21-2015 10:30 AM
    Ive had my phone since like late March or early April. Mine lags every now and then just like any other phone out there whenever you're doing heavy multi-tasking. I'm usually running play music, chrome, Facebook, group me and texting at the same time and there is some slow down occasionally.

As someone else said though, the memory management with this phone is terrible. So sometimes I'm reading an article on chrome, switch to group me to text, and chrome has to reload causing me to lose my spot. Or YouTube is killed and I lose my place in a podcast. It wont really cause your phone to "lag", but it is a pain having to wait for apps to reload over and over. Slows down the experience.

Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9 vs. iPhone 6 Speed Test:
    Nytrite and Stang68 like this.
    06-21-2015 10:41 AM
    Ive had my phone since like late March or early April. Mine lags every now and then just like any other phone out there whenever you're doing heavy multi-tasking. I'm usually running play music, chrome, Facebook, group me and texting at the same time and there is some slow down occasionally.

As someone else said though, the memory management with this phone is terrible. So sometimes I'm reading an article on chrome, switch to group me to text, and chrome has to reload causing me to lose my spot. Or YouTube is killed and I lose my place in a podcast. It wont really cause your phone to "lag", but it is a pain having to wait for apps to reload over and over. Slows down the experience.

Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9 vs. iPhone 6 Speed Test:
    You think an update could fix this?
    06-21-2015 11:18 AM
    You think an update could fix this?
    Yes. Many users have already fixed the issue themselves so there's no reason Samsung wouldn't be able to do it. Their last update just actually made it worse. There's no telling when we will see a fix from them.
    Nytrite likes this.
    06-21-2015 11:51 AM
46 12