Question for the Ones who bought the GS6 earlier

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
White 64GB EDGE
Best phone I have ever used. You will love it. no more lag than a Nexus 6. Stupid fast. Battery for me is great.
I can't find a single issue with the S6. I am using stock everything, keyboard, calendar etc. (touchwiz), it's that good.
I don't even have a launcher installed. I've never liked touchwiz until the S6.
The white phone is the best. White does not = girly... white is not Pink.

enterrawolfe

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to know guys if you've experienced lag at some point? I'm still a bit skeptical at buying the GS6 since I've seen too many threads about factoring issues like bad sensitivity for the screen, worse batteries than the normal ones, etc.

Could you guys help me make this jump :D (currently using Xperia Z2 btw so the battery problem might be a big setback for me especially since I play games from time to time when I'm not at home)?
I just replaced my g3 (which took an unintended aquatic misadventure) with the s6 and i really like it.

Good camera, great screen, and adequate battery life.

I've had no issues with it at all. It did seem like there was a break in period for the battery though. That first week was rough. All good now though.

posted from my galaxy s6

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to know how the GS6 is holding up when dropped, not that I'm planning on dropping it or anything... :D

Don't want to find out but a rugged case or a good bumper with tempered glass is great for peace of mind.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't want to find out but a rugged case or a good bumper with tempered glass is great for peace of mind.

Haha I guess. I heard from a friend of mine that his S6E actually survived three chest-leveled falls already, but I think I won't be that lucky when I do get mine, I'd hate to use a rugged case too, guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Haha I guess. I heard from a friend of mine that his S6E actually survived three chest-leveled falls already, but I think I won't be that lucky when I do get mine, I'd hate to use a rugged case too, guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there...

Otterbox Symmetry case for the GS6E and either the Defender or the Fre cases for the GS6. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender. There is also a video in the Fre thread or the case sticky thread.

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Otterbox Symmetry case for the GS6E and either the Defender or the Fre cases for the GS6. Check out my YouTube video review of the Defender. There is also a video in the Fre thread or the case sticky thread.

Otterbox might not make the cut for my budget, any other recommendations?

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking bout that too, will try and save for it thanks for the help and advices! Finally ordered one, hopefully I'll get it by next week, Saturday.

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm very much enjoying my s6 edge. Few stutters here and there if I'm using stock launcher, but very rare. If I'm using nova pretty much non existent. Battery life is the best for any phone I have ever had and the build is absolutely fantastic. Only other phone I have owned that I have enjoyed the build so much is the nexus 4. Bought The edge for my girl and she loves it. Overall fantastic phone.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I was thinking bout that too, will try and save for it thanks for the help and advices! Finally ordered one, hopefully I'll get it by next week, Saturday.

Hit us back with feedback when you have the case on the phone. Enjoy both.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
For me, there is lag if you don't restart the phone once every day or two. It's the RAM issue that many people are experiencing. I really...really hope Samsung addresses this soon.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
For me, there is lag if you don't restart the phone once every day or two. It's the RAM issue that many people are experiencing. I really...really hope Samsung addresses this soon.

I don't have this issue at all, not even close. Most don't as well. It's not about the ram or memory leak that is causing your issue. I would try a factory reset and if that don't help, exchange it.

Posted via the Android Central App

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Just because you don't have the issue doesn't mean it does not affect others. It's a well-documented problem that many sites have reported on:
Galaxy S6 exhibiting overzealous RAM management, report users

There's even huge threads on XDA about the problem. Is it Lollipop? Is it Samsung? I'm not sure but every app needs to reload when I open it because it was closed by the over-aggressive RAM management.

What you are describing is not called lag as stated in your original post.

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site
What you are describing is not called lag as stated in your original post.

It causes the phone to "lag" because apps become slow and unresponsive due to the RAM issue. Either way, it's sub-optimal and unacceptable!