Question for the Ones who bought the GS6 earlier

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I don't have the regular s6...I have the AT&T black Active.

Coming from the LG g4 as I did I was worried about the storage issue and the non-removable battery. While it is my preference to have these things, I still elected to get this one. Storage can be added on externally and the bigger battery is sweet.

As to how well the phone works it is superb. Granted I have the bigger battery but from researching this forum have been able to double the Sot and standby time with mine. It just takes some weeding through the settings and setting it up correctly to get it.

I looked closely at the regular s6 and edge but wanted the physical buttons and waterproofing this one offers.. Both of those look great though.

Mine has zero lag and is blazing fast and sounds frigging awesome through my ear buds, enough so that I just ordered some Sennheiser Momentum ear buds for my music and movies.

I am quite certain that you will enjoy the phone

Posted from my Samsung S6 Active

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Coming from the LG g4 as I did I was worried about the storage issue and the non-removable battery. While it is my preference to have these things, I still elected to get this one. Storage can be added on externally and the bigger battery is sweet.

As to how well the phone works it is superb. Granted I have the bigger battery but from researching this forum have been able to double the Sot and standby time with mine. It just takes some weeding through the settings and setting it up correctly to get it.

I looked closely at the regular s6 and edge but wanted the physical buttons and waterproofing this one offers.. Both of those look great though.

Mine has zero lag and is blazing fast and sounds frigging awesome through my ear buds, enough so that I just ordered some Sennheiser Momentum ear buds for my music and movies.

I have the Sennheiser wireless earphones which are awesome. QC20 earbuds sound great as well.

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site

This would've also been my choice but I'm pretty sure S6A won't be released on my country same as how the S5A wasn't released here.

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Ive had my phone since like late March or early April. Mine lags every now and then just like any other phone out there whenever you're doing heavy multi-tasking. I'm usually running play music, chrome, Facebook, group me and texting at the same time and there is some slow down occasionally.

As someone else said though, the memory management with this phone is terrible. So sometimes I'm reading an article on chrome, switch to group me to text, and chrome has to reload causing me to lose my spot. Or YouTube is killed and I lose my place in a podcast. It wont really cause your phone to "lag", but it is a pain having to wait for apps to reload over and over. Slows down the experience.

Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9 vs. iPhone 6 Speed Test: https://youtu.be/hUw9PUlFUF0

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Ive had my phone since like late March or early April. Mine lags every now and then just like any other phone out there whenever you're doing heavy multi-tasking. I'm usually running play music, chrome, Facebook, group me and texting at the same time and there is some slow down occasionally.

As someone else said though, the memory management with this phone is terrible. So sometimes I'm reading an article on chrome, switch to group me to text, and chrome has to reload causing me to lose my spot. Or YouTube is killed and I lose my place in a podcast. It wont really cause your phone to "lag", but it is a pain having to wait for apps to reload over and over. Slows down the experience.

Galaxy S6 vs. HTC One M9 vs. iPhone 6 Speed Test: https://youtu.be/hUw9PUlFUF0

You think an update could fix this?

ron561

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
You think an update could fix this?

Yes. Many users have already fixed the issue themselves so there's no reason Samsung wouldn't be able to do it. Their last update just actually made it worse. There's no telling when we will see a fix from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance