Question for the Ones who bought the GS6 earlier

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Just wanted to know guys if you've experienced lag at some point? I'm still a bit skeptical at buying the GS6 since I've seen too many threads about factoring issues like bad sensitivity for the screen, worse batteries than the normal ones, etc.

Could you guys help me make this jump :D (currently using Xperia Z2 btw so the battery problem might be a big setback for me especially since I play games from time to time when I'm not at home)?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to know guys if you've experienced lag at some point? I'm still a bit skeptical at buying the GS6 since I've seen too many threads about factoring issues like bad sensitivity for the screen, worse batteries than the normal ones, etc.

Could you guys help me make this jump :D (currently using Xperia Z2 btw so the battery problem might be a big setback for me especially since I play games from time to time when I'm not at home)?

the battery issue has been extremely over exaggerated, just like the whole bendgate thing with the Iphone! the battery is good, not the best (coming from a Note 4) but that's to be expected. I've read many forum posts that show the LG G4 has on par or worse battery than the S6. You won't regret the purchase, and if you do it's not my fault lol :)

Also there isn't any lag on the S6, so much so that I've used touchwiz for almost 2 months now without installing a launcher - it just works.

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
SO I guess it's more of a rumor than a fact?

LOL don't worry I won't blame someone I just met on the internet, that would've been too weird and just plain idiotic haha

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say rumor as the problem existed. Software updates have now resolved the issue though. Also I believe the battery issue was only for US customers with WiFi calling or something like that. I'm from the UK, with an international version and I've never had any battery issue.

It really is a brilliant device from Sammy.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I've had the GS6 on AT&T since launch day. It's the fastest and smoothest I have ever owned. Battery life hasn't been an issue for me and I don't miss the expandable storage or replaceable battery, neither of which I have ever seen swapped. You have the some of the best hardware, more energy efficient QHD screen that is bright and great in direct sunlight and a 14 nm octa core processor with DDR4 RAM and UFS 2.0 making the GS6 lightning fast. Dual mobile payment, tap n go and MST. Wireless charging and rapid charging built-in. One of the best cameras available on a smartphone or point and shoot cameras.

Cell standby and RAM management are real issues hammering battery life for some that are Lollipop related but you also have to consider carrier issues and personal useage habits as factors as well. The recent TMO update being the first out of shoot seems to have resolved at least cell standby for some and RAM management for others, some with both. Some are still having issues. Another thing to consider is that this forum is a small universe of experiences. Being first out with the update is not always the best. I believe that the update when it is pushed out on AT&T and other carriers that we see fewer issues and even less with Android M. The GS6 is a future proof device that will be great overall for the long term. It's not for everyone. If you're a heavy gamer, you have rapid charging and power banks, neither of which I have needed yet. Touchwiz is slimmed down and optimized to the point that third party launcher aren't a necessity but an option. Touchwiz still needs work. Try it out. Then, you can make the decision that's best for you.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I know I'm pretty sure you've seen me post too much about this, thanks for the big efforts! Loved the videos/links you gave me really informative.

Lesson learned stop reading more threads, just freaks me out more. Gonna buy the device hopefully next week, will give out some general thoughts. Thanks for the patience and very detailed help. Yeah one thing I really hated on my Xperia Z2 is how you've got to use the manual mode for the camera to get the best results, sometimes it kinda misses out the moment which is a big bummer.

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have my Galaxy S6 on Sprint and I've had it for about a month now and I can honestly say this has been the best phone I have owned. I think memory issues that have been reported is probably due more to the apps that users download that usually are used to automate certain settings to switch on/off on their phones or even task killers cause most of those memory issues. Battery life is good, I've watched videos and social media for a good amount of time with it and the battery holds up pretty good for the majority of my day and I also think most battery life issues that have been reported are more due to Lollipop and than Samsung and Touchwiz itself. The camera is great, the speed of the phone is awesome and honestly I've read other forums about others phones such as the LG G4 and One M9 reporting same issues as well. I think is most issues are more an Android problem that started when Lollipop was released, because even before trading my Note 3 running Lollipop I was having much less battery life than I had before updating to Lollipop. And if the G4 which has a bigger battery than the Galaxy S6 is having battery issues, why people blame Samsung and its Touchwiz skin if other phones are having the same problems as well. My bet is go for it, I mean if you don't like in the end you can always return it and get another phone.

chocolatta

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Nytrite,

I agree with the guys here who said that is the best phone they've had, is the same for me. I used to have a S4 and I did have some lag issues. I understand that I'm a heavy user but now those lag problems are gone. i was impressed with the speed and response ability in the S6. I got the phone a month after release in Canada, because I was a little bit hesitant of the change. I was wondering if it was worth and at the end I decided to get it because the reviews were very promising. I'm happy with it, still getting used to Lollipop now 5.0.2, I miss some of the features that are not present in this version but most of the UI changes are awesome and were needed. I have the Edge and I just love the way my fingers can reach all the screen side to side (girls problem with long nails solved).

You can continue to look for feedback, but you may be wasting time of enjoying your S6! :p

I hope this helps and good luck!

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
My S6 has been fantastic in every regard. I did have the sensitivity issue the first 2 weeks then "poof", gone. I would say there is a certain amount of exaggeration but most are good. Buying any smart phone seems to be a crap shoot tho to a certain extent. All phone forums seem to be full of device issues, just get it someplace with an easy return policy and use the crap out of it while in that easy return window.

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the amazing feedbacks you guys, I guess I can now say I'm pretty sure I'll jump to S6 now, can't wait for next week haha

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the amazing feedbacks you guys, I guess I can now say I'm pretty sure I'll jump to S6 now, can't wait for next week haha

Haha - make sure you come back to the forums when you have had a chance to play with the phone and let us know your thoughts on it.

Nytrite

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I think I'm going for the Black Sapphire sine I like it's color, and yeah I'm pretty much gonna go for the 64GB one, since I like music 32GB won't be enough.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Haha!! I must admit I don't see many guys with the white model, but I'm happy with my choice lol

When I went to see the colors in person, I was ready to like the Black Saphire more but for some reason I liked the White more for my S6 edge.

NOW, after returning the G4 this Saturday I was ready to buy a new phone so after 2 days thinking I decided to go for a regular S6 but this time I wanted a Unique color, I wanted the Emerald Green on my edge but it wasn't and still not available for the states, so I bought the Blue Topaz, weird thing is that I haven't even see it in person, but according to the videos and different photos it tends to change to a darker blue at some angles and to a Light green in others. I hope I like it, it should be here tomorrow, if not, then Swappa with it.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
When I went to see the colors in person, I was ready to like the Black Saphire more but for some reason I liked the White more for my S6 edge.

NOW, after returning the G4 this Saturday I was ready to buy a new phone so after 2 days thinking I decided to go for a regular S6 but this time I wanted a Unique color, I wanted the Emerald Green on my edge but it wasn't and still not available for the states, so I bought the Blue Topaz, weird thing is that I haven't even see it in person, but according to the videos and different photos it tends to change to a darker blue at some angles and to a Light green in others. I hope I like it, it should be here tomorrow, if not, then Swappa with it.

If that's not a vote of confidence in the GS6 having both variants. I am always amazed at how you guys have multiple devices being used consistently. It must be a real chore to decide which to use.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol