grease on screen

JohnCenaFan

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I got a grease mark on my screen that won't go away with just wiping it. Would using lens cleaner be ok on the screen?

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I got a grease mark on my screen that won't go away with just wiping it. Would using lens cleaner be ok on the screen?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup. There should be no issue. Assuming its one of those disposable towelettes. If not, use a clean soft cloth with the lens cleaner on it. Try that.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If you're talking about grease/oil from your hand/fingers, you could just use a damp tissue. I read somewhere that using cleaners can eventually remove the protective coating and will result in even more fingerprint/grease on the screen. Regular water works surprisingly well on phone screens. Try it.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
If you're talking about grease/oil from your hand/fingers, you could just use a damp tissue. I read somewhere that using cleaners can eventually remove the protective coating and will result in even more fingerprint/grease on the screen. Regular water works surprisingly well on phone screens. Try it.

^ this. Using cleaners won't look as if they've affected anything at first, but over time you'll def. notice issues with getting the screen clean if you use them on a regular basis.

-# Cheers! #-

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I fully support this reply as this is exactly what I do. It's not that I won't use cleaners from time to time, but water works and is fully safe. A quick spray of water on a paper towel or better yet a shamy cloth will clean up your screen really well.

Posted via the zenfone 2

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I fully support this reply as this is exactly what I do. It's not that I won't use cleaners from time to time, but water works and is fully safe. A quick spray of water on a paper towel or better yet a shamy cloth will clean up your screen really well.

Posted via the zenfone 2

It also is a function of how often you clean the actual display. Not knowing how,permeable the surface is, unless you clean it everyday or even multiple times a day, you might have upgraded before it's an issue. You can use a stock case protector or a Zagg or Tech Armor protector and clean as needed once every couple or three days.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers