I got a grease mark on my screen that won't go away with just wiping it. Would using lens cleaner be ok on the screen?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-17-2015 05:58 AM
    I got a grease mark on my screen that won't go away with just wiping it. Would using lens cleaner be ok on the screen?

Yup. There should be no issue. Assuming its one of those disposable towelettes. If not, use a clean soft cloth with the lens cleaner on it. Try that.
    06-17-2015 06:13 AM
    Have also heard that the Zagg Glass Shield minimizes fingerprint ans is easy to apply.
    06-17-2015 06:17 AM
    Have also heard that the Zagg Glass Shield minimizes fingerprint ans is easy to apply.
    I like zagg. If they weren't so expensive, is use them exclusively.

06-17-2015 07:52 AM
    Ok will try

06-17-2015 11:04 AM
    If you're talking about grease/oil from your hand/fingers, you could just use a damp tissue. I read somewhere that using cleaners can eventually remove the protective coating and will result in even more fingerprint/grease on the screen. Regular water works surprisingly well on phone screens. Try it.
    Daspoo and warpdrive like this.
    06-18-2015 06:44 PM
    I use eyeglass cleaner and never had an issue.
    06-18-2015 07:06 PM
    If you're talking about grease/oil from your hand/fingers, you could just use a damp tissue. I read somewhere that using cleaners can eventually remove the protective coating and will result in even more fingerprint/grease on the screen. Regular water works surprisingly well on phone screens. Try it.
    ^ this. Using cleaners won't look as if they've affected anything at first, but over time you'll def. notice issues with getting the screen clean if you use them on a regular basis.

-# Cheers! #-
    06-20-2015 09:01 AM
    I fully support this reply as this is exactly what I do. It's not that I won't use cleaners from time to time, but water works and is fully safe. A quick spray of water on a paper towel or better yet a shamy cloth will clean up your screen really well.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    06-20-2015 09:23 AM
    I fully support this reply as this is exactly what I do. It's not that I won't use cleaners from time to time, but water works and is fully safe. A quick spray of water on a paper towel or better yet a shamy cloth will clean up your screen really well.

Posted via the zenfone 2
    It also is a function of how often you clean the actual display. Not knowing how,permeable the surface is, unless you clean it everyday or even multiple times a day, you might have upgraded before it's an issue. You can use a stock case protector or a Zagg or Tech Armor protector and clean as needed once every couple or three days.
    06-20-2015 12:07 PM
    Completely off-topic here - @JohnCenaFan, tell me you've listened to this:

JOHN CENA SUPER SLAM PHONE CALL 2014:

Cracks me up... 😂

-# Cheers! #-
    06-20-2015 05:25 PM